AllanSmith

Coffee Trailer

indexed.gif V-LV-63F

I bought a Coffee Trailer from Chris on a New Zealand Auction site. The design is his. I have modded it to suit my layout.

Jack and Jill Mc Namara arrive towing their coffee trailer.

coffeet0001.jpg

They are about to go through the setup steps.

coffeet0002.jpg

Step 1 below: Remove the sign from inside and place on the roof.

coffeet0003.jpg

Step 2 below: Tilt out the lights.

coffeet0004.jpg

Step 3 below: Raise the canopy.

coffeet0005.jpg

Step 4 below: Lower the service counter.

coffeet0006.jpg

Step 5 below: Get out the power cord for the generator.

coffeet0007.jpg

Side views:

coffeet0008.jpg

coffeet0009.jpg

coffeet0010.jpg

coffeet0011.jpg

Jill serves the first coffee.

coffeet0012.jpg

Jack drinking the coffee as a reward for his hard work.

coffeet0013.jpg

Close up of the Coffee Machine.

coffeet0014.jpg

Enjoy :classic:

Nice. What were your MODs? :classic:

Main mod was reducing it from 8 wide to 6 wide to match my other vehicles. This required major changes as I still wanted a low inside floor. Changed opening side as my LEGO town is left hand drive whereas NZ is right hand drive. Lowered overall roof height to match my other vehicles. Removal of gas bottle and lots of other minor changes to lights etc.

Photos below of original design by Chris.

coffeet9999.jpg

coffeet9998.jpg

Excellent work by yourself and the original designer........the espresso machine is best one I have ever seen. :thumbup:

Keep them coming 'Allen' and Brick On with a latte ! :laugh:

Chris did an awesome job here, but IMHO your conversion is very well done, too. Having the grey stripe (the ground plate?) in this position rather adds to the very stylish appearance of the whole thing, same for the position of the wheels. Very nice, I like it a lot! :thumbup:

Nice trailer - I allways love it when models have a special feature or function! Are you planning on building the trailer in other colours? A Star Bucks green trailer would look even better!

Chris did an awesome job here, but IMHO your conversion is very well done, too. Having the grey stripe (the ground plate?) in this position rather adds to the very stylish appearance of the whole thing, same for the position of the wheels. Very nice, I like it a lot! :thumbup:

Thanks, The floor is below the grey stripe, just above the grey wheel axles.

That is a great little model!

The finshing touch in your setup story would be the minifig moving the generator to behind the unit where it would be more out of customers' earshot.

Cheers

Rog

OHHHHH AHHHHHH!!!!!! that is very very cool. I too really like the espresso machine it would look great in a coffee shop MOC. Your modifications to the original are very neat.

I noticed you mentioned that you got it on a New Zealand Auction site. could you tell me what site? Thank you

Good work

Charlie

Edited by chuckie8646

The design is incredible for how narrow it is.

Also, which set does the Jill torso come in, I'm always looking for more female torsos to balance the mostly male minifig population?

The design is incredible for how narrow it is.

Also, which set does the Jill torso come in, I'm always looking for more female torsos to balance the mostly male minifig population?

Jack and Jill are from this years 4435 Car and Caravan set. I used the car to tow the coffee cart. I have modded the vehicle, by lowering it and adding grey stripes, from 7635 4WD with Horse Trailer to now tow the coffee cart.

Jack and Jill are from this years 4435 Car and Caravan set. I used the car to tow the coffee cart. I have modded the vehicle, by lowering it and adding grey stripes, from 7635 4WD with Horse Trailer to now tow the coffee cart.

Thanks, I didn't think I had seen that torso before.

This raises a dilemma though, the Car and Caravan was a most likely skip set, but the torso is way to expensive on BrickLink. I guess I will just have to wait for a TRU sale.

I like the 'Prices' tile, did you make this yourself? I cannot seem to find one like it on Bricklink :(

It is a homemade sticker that came with the coffee trailer that I modified.

Very nice model! I am subscribe to the opinion of the commentators above. :classic: But why your trailer is black?! In the place I live they are mostly white or another light color.