Sign in to follow this  
Speedboat

[LDD MOC] BrickHead Balin

Hey everyone,

I was pretty excited about the announcement of the BrickHeadz line for 2017 and I like the superhero figures that were revealed for the SDCC. So I thought about what other characters I would enjoy being released as BrickHeadz and the dwarves from The Hobbit immediately came to mind. I started figuring out the basic design and dimensions of the figures TLG has shown so far and built Balin as my first attempt at this building in this Chibi style.

I quickly rendered the model for now, but once I have refined the MOC and checked the availability of the parts used I'll place some Bricklink orders and build it for real. *Edit*: Pictures of the brickbuilt model in the fourth post. *Edit*

Anyway, here are some pictures! I'd love to get some feedback from you. :classic:

zc9vq9ds.png

kyqxjinf.png

e9sxplqc.png

trxt9c7y.png

Edited by Speedboat

I had to change some colours and parts for the real model (would have loved to use inverted rounded 1x2 slopes in white for the back of his beard, but sadly they don't exist yet), but here he is in all his bricky glory: Balin "The Nose" son of Fundin:

s8slhqwc.jpg

9kkfodwk.jpg

sohixbg3.jpg

The body is a little fragile because I wanted to use pearl gold for the trimmings on his clothes. Yellow might also work and allow for a more solid build.

Wow! Looks very faithful to the product type and character. Hopefully, you'll work on more LOTR/Hobbit characters. Nicely done.

Excellent, the half-closed eyes look perfect. I love the nose too.

Plus Balin is my favorite of The Hobbit's dwarves, so that's nice too.

Looks great!

Thanks! :)

Nice one!

Thanks you!

Wow! Looks very faithful to the product type and character. Hopefully, you'll work on more LOTR/Hobbit characters. Nicely done.

Thanks, that's definitely the plan. I already started work on Bofur, I'm hoping to build all the dwarves of the company of Thorin Oakenshield eventually.

Lovely! :laugh:

Thanks! :wink:

Excellent, the half-closed eyes look perfect. I love the nose too.

Plus Balin is my favorite of The Hobbit's dwarves, so that's nice too.

Thank you! Balin is my favourite of the bunch, too. I really like your renditions of the dwarves that you built a while ago!