finishlast

Lego Winter Village Edition 2012

indexed.gif Layouts

Hi there,so I bought the next set and added it to my diorama.I'm still annoyed by the snow on the roof, the post office was literally snowless and the cottage looks like it was hit by a snow storm.Anyway, I placed the houses from left to right with a lot of snow and then less and less snow.Right now it features 57 led lights, a blinking light rope and a flashing led as a burning barrel for the christmas singers...So take a look:

I hope the pictures will show up:

legoxmas2012-0.jpg

legoxmas2012-1.jpg

legoxmas2012-2.jpg

legoxmas2012-3.jpg

legoxmas2012-4.jpg

legoxmas2012-5.jpg

legoxmas2012-6.jpg

legoxmas2012-7.jpg

legoxmas2012-8.jpg

legoxmas2012-9.jpg

legoxmas2012-10.jpg

legoxmas2012-11.jpg

legoxmas2012-12.jpg

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=516502

And here a small video of the whole diorama with blinking lights:

How do I edit the Topic? I think village needs another l... Edited by Phred

Looking good! You must be the first with your LEGO Christmas display up.

Where did you get your LED light sets? I some bought last year from a guy in San Diego, CA that I did not get a chance to set them up, butI hope to use them this year.

Funny you should post this today, as today my wife and I are setting up our Christmas trees to test the lights.

Looks like a busy Christmas village, or a busy village at Christmas time. Mine won't go up for a couple of weeks.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Where did you get your LED light sets? I some bought last year from a guy in San Diego, CA that I did not get a chance to set them up, butI hope to use them this year.

I think you can pick the stuff up in every electronic store.

I bought mine in Germany, leds, constant led power supplies (about 5-6 leds per power supply, depends on the color), a thing to lower the voltage for the 6 channel flashing light and the flashing light itself . I only connected 3 outputs so the cottage light flashes in yellow, red and then green.

I also saw a "Night Rider" light thing but thought that would be TOO geeky...

All connected to a 19V - 4.22A Fujitsu notebook power supply.

Just to get an idea, here's what I bought...

LED constant power supply:

http://www.conrad.de...earchDetail=005

57 leds

The voltage regulator

for the 6 channel flashing light

Oh and fake candel led for the barrel so the minifigs can warm up a little...

Looks wonderful lit up......Brick On 'finishlast' ! :classic:

My wife told me to let it stand in my daughters room :cry_sad: but I will SO put it on the shelf in the living room (when she left the apartment) muhhahahaha :laugh:

Edited by finishlast

The Winter Village Cabin is great....but..there is one nasty thing... The red door can not be opened... it only opens for a few millimeter... Why is this..it is a mistake by the designer, i presume.. or did i something wrong? Anyone else already noticed this... It is very weird...a door should be able to be opened.... ofcourse.. !

I know, all minifigs can enter via the back of the building....but all AFOL's know what i mean... I would like to ask TLG a question about it....

Here two pictures of the occuring problem!!

8176320789_36797aac35.jpg

8176321929_c3e9529e92.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I'm still annoyed by the snow on the roof, the post office was literally snowless and the cottage looks like it was hit by a snow storm.

Ask santa for some white tiles and plates from Bricklink :wink:

Really a great job.

I wanted to ask you something, did you use only white LEDs, and the color of the decorations is just due to the color of the bricks, or you used colored LEDs based on the colors of the bricks?

Giuseppe

The Winter Village Cabin is great....but..there is one nasty thing... The red door can not be opened... it only opens for a few millimeter... Why is this..it is a mistake by the designer, i presume.. or did i something wrong? Anyone else already noticed this... It is very weird...a door should be able to be opened.... ofcourse.. !

I know, all minifigs can enter via the back of the building....but all AFOL's know what i mean... I would like to ask TLG a question about it....

Here two pictures of the occuring problem!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I just checked mine. Same issue. That's weird, I guess it was just overlooked in the design phase.

I just checked mine. Same issue. That's weird, I guess it was just overlooked in the design phase.

You built it wrong. The door is supposed to open to the inside.

I have a question, too. Do we always have to press the Lego lighting bricks to light it?

You built it wrong. The door is supposed to open to the inside.

Indeed. I just checked the box to see if they gave anything away, and sure enough...:blush:

I have a question, too. Do we always have to press the Lego lighting bricks to light it?

Yes. Or you build a switch. herrJJ has created a simple switch, he might present it here.

I can't see any pictures in the first thread. Is it just me?

This is a great topic, and I'd really like to be able to see the lights and pictures, but I'm getting a broken link when clicking on the photos above. Is anyone else getting this?

Really a great job.

I wanted to ask you something, did you use only white LEDs, and the color of the decorations is just due to the color of the bricks, or you used colored LEDs based on the colors of the bricks?

Giuseppe

Um I just found out my homepage storage got suspended due to traffic ;o) sorry for no pics showing up...

I used white leds only for the inside of the backery and toy shop.

I then moved to yellow leds for transparent yellow lamps / and the street lamps. White just looks too cold.

Red for transparent red and so on. The colors just look better. White leds behind red bricks looks kinda pinkish.

So I tried to match the led color to the brick color.

Another benefit is that white leds costs a lot more than colored led and they take a higher voltage/amp for some reason.

So the colored micro smd leds look better and are much cheaper, a win win situation...

No, deeplinks work immediately. I had not checked the first post. :classic: Thanks for reuploading, it looks fantastic on first sight. Now I have to look closer... :classic:

This is really nice. How do you wire the LED's for the strings of lights and lamp posts? Do you have to drill the pieces?

- Michael

I drilled the pieces. The old toy store lamps where easier.

I ruined the cottage light pole which melted... ;)

But then I cut it where the small melted part began and let a small part of it as a stud. I then put three round bricks on it (like the toy shop lamps have) and a nose cone brick thing.

It really looks nice and a bit more like the toy shop poles which is not bad at all.

So nobody can tell that I screwed up that part (except for all lego fans here...)

I used a 1 mm drill.

legoxmas2012-13.jpg

....the frontdoor is opening inside the cottage.... :blush: Whoops.....!

Or you could pretend that it was hit by a snow strom and when all the extra snow is melted, you can open it the normal way....

Edited by finishlast

Um I just found out my homepage storage got suspended due to traffic ;o) sorry for no pics showing up...

I used white leds only for the inside of the backery and toy shop.

I then moved to yellow leds for transparent yellow lamps / and the street lamps. White just looks too cold.

Red for transparent red and so on. The colors just look better. White leds behind red bricks looks kinda pinkish.

So I tried to match the led color to the brick color.

Another benefit is that white leds costs a lot more than colored led and they take a higher voltage/amp for some reason.

So the colored micro smd leds look better and are much cheaper, a win win situation...

Many thanks, I repeat great job

Yes. Or you build a switch. herrJJ has created a simple switch, he might present it here.

I can't see any pictures in the first thread. Is it just me?

I would kove to see how such a switch works. I have tried to make one of my own and am not very satisfied with the result. Would appreciate any pics of a swithch that keeps the light brick on without holding it.