Sign in to follow this  
General Armendariz

French Army

I love the Frenchies. :pir_laugh2: Sad thing is the British army is still bigger.

A nice touch would be to give all your soldiers yellow epaulettes, the red ones don't really fit in the picture.

"We saw the British, we fired and they splashed like fishies!"

I hate to be a historic party pooper, but they dont look like the french, the uniforms are to mediocre, the french army uniforms were dark blue or a very light blue with white trim for army and red for artillary.

I hate to be a historic party pooper, but they dont look like the french, the uniforms are to mediocre, the french army uniforms were dark blue or a very light blue with white trim for army and red for artillary.

The bluecoats represent the French, if you look at the large flag you'll notice black symbols in each corner. It's a fleur de lis, and the fleur de lis symbolizes French military power.

The fleur de lis is also visible in my signature.

Don't like it too to be a historic party pooper but I had to say this. :pir_laugh2:

Very interesting army could diversify person, but if this collection in terms of what you have gathered a collection of old sets - and only, it is still beautiful. A bit of good you envy. Beautifully. :pir-classic:

And by the way, will appear less frequently - work. :pir-skull:

The bluecoats represent the French, if you look at the large flag you'll notice black symbols in each corner. It's a fleur de lis, and the fleur de lis symbolizes French military power.

The fleur de lis is also visible in my signature.

Don't like it too to be a historic party pooper but I had to say this. :pir_laugh2:

I was merely speaking as to the coloration of the uniforms, i believe the bluecoated lego figures more symbolize the english naval officers, however they can be used as french as well. I am only so specific, because i'm a french and indian war renactor, and i see alot of uniforms from alot of different wars.

I was merely speaking as to the coloration of the uniforms, i believe the bluecoated lego figures more symbolize the english naval officers, however they can be used as french as well. I am only so specific, because i'm a french and indian war renactor, and i see alot of uniforms from alot of different wars.

You're right about the colours on the Bluecoats, but remember it was about 1989 when they released those sets. That's 20 years ago and you can't expect a large colour sheme or very detailed torso's. As you see only simply colours are used, also with the ships, no special colours like dark red or dark blue. Only basic.

Because TLC released the Armada ( Spanish ) and the Imperials ( British ) I wouldn't be surprised if the Bluecoats represent the French.