Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] TIE gunner

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

TIE gunner is basically a classic TIE mounted with 4 turbolaser canon. It's was designed to provide a moving shooting point against frigate or corvette class ships. It's weak against starfighter, but it's long range gives it an advantage: if can oneshot any starfighter from distance. It's pilots avoid close range combat.

I'm not very pleased with this one. I even thought of building another ship to carry these canons.

7914299456_86705a6cba_c.jpg

LDDScreenShot66 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

7914298996_84513085c8.jpg

LDDScreenShot67 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

7914411994_db26621fa4.jpg

LDDScreenShot74 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

7914298472_acb3f05e74.jpg

LDDScreenShot68 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

7914300064_312c259430.jpg

LDDScreenShot71 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

7914298184_19945b4703.jpg

LDDScreenShot69 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

7914297710_3d01199ae6.jpg

LDDScreenShot70 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

7914299836_baa25fd02d.jpg

LDDScreenShot73 par Bob DeQuatre, sur Flickr

Im a fan of anything Tie or similar, and you may not be too happy with this one, but I rather like the idea, and the execution of the design fitting to the backstory. It doesnt look bulky, which fits with your 'weak' part, and it does look rather armed up but not 'over armed' that it looks like someone justs tuck a load of big guns on it.

And its minifig scale, total win for me!

I could see you going the route Psiaki has ended up going with your abundance of well executed designs!

Do you actually plan to make many of these irl?

This one I would love to see...

:thumbup:

Edited by Fuppylodders

I like TIE variants and the idea of a TIE gunship in itself is not a bad one, but i hate to admit that i'm not that enthousiastic about the execution of this particular one. TIEs in general feature a rounded cockpit with angular side panels, so in my opinion the rounded panels really don't fit the aesthetics one would expect of a TIE model. It's not all bad though, i do think the main guns have been constructed in a very interesting way and i rather like them!

Im a fan of anything Tie or similar, and you may not be too happy with this one, but I rather like the idea, and the execution of the design fitting to the backstory. It doesnt look bulky, which fits with your 'weak' part, and it does look rather armed up but not 'over armed' that it looks like someone justs tuck a load of big guns on it.

And its minifig scale, total win for me!

Thank you.

I could see you going the route Psiaki has ended up going with your abundance of well executed designs!

Do you actually plan to make many of these irl?

This one I would love to see...

:thumbup:

I'm sorry I didn't understand the first part...

I'd like to brickbuilt my models, but I don't have the needed bricks, and all my budget goes for the building of my SSD :sceptic:

I like TIE variants and the idea of a TIE gunship in itself is not a bad one, but i hate to admit that i'm not that enthousiastic about the execution of this particular one. TIEs in general feature a rounded cockpit with angular side panels, so in my opinion the rounded panels really don't fit the aesthetics one would expect of a TIE model. It's not all bad though, i do think the main guns have been constructed in a very interesting way and i rather like them!

I knew I should have rounded the panels... :hmpf:

I've added the 45° angled plates just before posting the pics because I wanted to make the panels a bit larger.

It may be the rounded wings that are the problem, maybe pointing them off would improve the shaping somewhat.

Another fantastic work for Bob De Quatre :thumbup: :thumbup:

Are you sure that a TIE style structure and the power generator support the 4 turbolaser??? :wink:

If you're not happy with it, I'd go with what Mr Man has suggested, perhaps in the way Darths Tie wing ends are. I'm sure that would bring it into line with TIEs of similar wing shape, while also keeping its originality due to the central wing and inverted mini wing bits just coming off the middle.

Psiaki was well known on flickr for his very unique building skills to achieve almost any possible connection of which he utilised in awesome builds. One of which is his X-Wing seen here on the left, this is my own one after gaining instructions from him how to build it. He has since been employed by TLG as a designer within the past few months. (TL:DR- I was giving you a compliment :tongue: )

If you're not happy with it, I'd go with what Mr Man has suggested, perhaps in the way Darths Tie wing ends are. I'm sure that would bring it into line with TIEs of similar wing shape, while also keeping its originality due to the central wing and inverted mini wing bits just coming off the middle.

Psiaki was well known on flickr for his very unique building skills to achieve almost any possible connection of which he utilised in awesome builds. One of which is his X-Wing seen here on the left, this is my own one after gaining instructions from him how to build it. He has since been employed by TLG as a designer within the past few months. (TL:DR- I was giving you a compliment :tongue: )

Wow thank you. I've googled Psiaki, and I don't think I'm near his skills.

Another interesting MOC from Bob! I am a big fan of your descriptions - they make the design come more alive :wub:

While the moc is cool looking, I'd suggest making the panels more angular. Right now the are a bit too rounded and not very TIE like.

Keep it up :thumbup:

Cheers

Morten