Cyclone Titan

Crawler Town

Alright, just to let you all know, I stumbled upon this magnificent creation and felt a need to share it--IT'S NOT MINE!

Out in the barren desert, a monster approaches. Not of organic descent, not even a being on it's own.

It was a machine--bigger than those who had come before it--and it protects the last sliver of humanity from certain demise.

4368522936_896c4fdd3c.jpg

It was a town. A mobile city. Or heaven; for those who had come to roam about with it.

4367754781_641bc7f049.jpg

But it's not perfect. Workers still try day and night to work out the kinks.

4367771547_b06f8e4499.jpg

Thankfully, the hangar is full of vehicles--for even this mammoth cannot win all it's battles.

4370901531_eb9192c733.jpg

The beast is powered by the sun, as is the produce for the townspeople.

4367767151_8b146f722e.jpg

Here, we see that the machine is rife with social activities.

4367759129_a3c429599d.jpg

There are also living spaces for those lucky enough to sleep.

4367756969_292aa99782.jpg

Superstructure and suspension are top notch...

4368509780_78fc1f82c2.jpg

...But they would have to be to support the mammoth wheels.

4368511670_f709f8342d.jpg

Link to the full image gallery.

CT

Edited by Cyclone Titan

Oh. My. Gosh. I am speechless. Whoever made sure has a very obscure mind (no offence) :grin::thumbup:

Oh. My. Gosh. I am speechless. Whoever made sure has a very obscure mind (no offence) :grin::thumbup:

DeGobbi's his Flickr name. I too was speechless when I first saw this. So many details!

CT

This has got to be one of the most imaginative things i have ever seen! :oh: Clearly one of the coolest thing i have seen in a while thanks for posting this.

What a unique creation! The suspension and wheels are incredible! It's just so ingenious. Hanging planes, solar panels, the whole thing.

Someone has been reading the Traction City quartet (Mortal Engines, Predators Gold, Infernal Devices and A Darkling Plain. All by Phillip Reeve) that is a very good MOC. Thank you for bringing it to our attention :thumbup:

Someone has been reading the Traction City quartet (Mortal Engines, Predators Gold, Infernal Devices and A Darkling Plain. All by Phillip Reeve) ...

Apart from the book cover, I now have a physical image on how one those cities might look. The books are kind of cybersteampunk, so this is just about right.

Very nice.

Edited by Johan J

Incredibly detailed and mind-opening MOC! I know I'd never build something like this (especially at this scale), but it's nice to see someone does.

Thanks for sharing this finding, Cyclone Titan.

LuxorV

Just saw this on Brothers Brick. Blew me away. If you're reading this, DeGobbi... holy crap.

Someone has been reading the Traction City quartet (Mortal Engines, Predators Gold, Infernal Devices and A Darkling Plain. All by Phillip Reeve) that is a very good MOC. Thank you for bringing it to our attention :thumbup:

Is that a subtle book promotion I sense? And your very welcome, but it was my pleasure. I mean, you just can't pass up sharing these things--especially when the maker is not a member of Eurobricks. I just figured I'd throw in some pics with a made-up backstory to complete them, so they wouldn't be boring, but , then again, how could they be?

CT

WOW, I am speechless..... :oh:

Yep. Same as me.

Alright, let's face it, the only reason I'm keeping this topic alive is because I want to see this thing frontpaged. But it completely deserves it if all that other stuff has been making the front page.

CT

PS. If this isn't frontpaged, I'll start a petition.

PPS. No, really, I will!

Someone has to join EB. :tongue:

That's extremely impressive. I don't see how those treads are powered, but if that's what the front page, then I believe it. I don't really love the town on top, but everything below it is great! :thumbup:

Overall this is a very, very impressive MOC.

Okay so I'm putting my eyes back in my head and picking up my jaw off the table ! :oh3:

That is BEYOND AWESOME ! :wub:

What a find, who ever did this MOC, sorry MEGA-MOC is a pure genius !!!! :grin:

The vertical aircraft hanger - very clever indeed ! :grin:

On top of that is whats below - the driving part - that's what makes this thing AWESOME or more to the truth BEYOND AWESOME ! :grin:

The Sci-Fi bar has now being raised so everyone I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is probably the most stunning MOC I've seen for a long time, and the most Sci-Fi-ish too. But since this is from the same guy that made...

4009375286_e15205f294.jpg

...the Goliath it's hardly surprising. What's even more impressive is that the treads have suspension and are powered. I'm hoping that he eventually posts a picture of it next to a human as I'm struggling to grasp the scale.

This is the kind of MOC that I dream of making one day. I've ranted in the past that some MOCs are just impressive because they are huge, but this is that and more. The airport and "Aero 500" concept is cool, and the cute pizza store is just a laugh. What's especially cool about this MOC is the range of pieces; I can see pieces from the last year... and I can see pieces from 20 years back.

I'm off to break all my sets and finish off my space station to one-up him... :grin:

PS. If this isn't frontpaged, I'll start a petition.

PPS. No, really, I will!

Gee man, give me some time!

But it completely deserves it if all that other stuff has been making the front page.

That's often half the problem. I try not to frontpage anything is someone just posted something there.

Just saw this on Brothers Brick. Blew me away. If you're reading this, DeGobbi... holy crap.

Seconded! Holy EPIC crap! :tongue:

Incredible!

That's extremely impressive. I don't see how those treads are powered, but if that's what the front page, then I believe it.

I find it hard to believe too, but they are big enough and he say so on his Flickr page.

The Sci-Fi bar has now being raised so everyone I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Indeed.

Wow, I'm just speechless at this moc, the attention to detail, the pieces used, the sheer imagination involved, this man is a true MOC Master!

This is the kind of MOC that I dream of making one day. I've ranted in the past that some MOCs are just impressive because they are huge, but this is that and more. The airport and "Aero 500" concept is cool, and the cute pizza store is just a laugh. What's especially cool about this MOC is the range of pieces; I can see pieces from the last year... and I can see pieces from 20 years back.

Same here, i think everyone has wanted to make a large scale MOC like this at least once,i have been planning one for a while now.