General Armendariz

Two imperial guards, both LEGO

:oh: This is wierd:

Edit: better pictures hope this helps

dsc00301.jpg

If you look close you can see the buttons are different colors on the left its black on the right its gold

Even the trim is different

dsc00298.jpg

dsc00297.jpg

There both pure LEGO just ones odly different i know that the gold is the normal one Disscus!

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Could be that the "printers" were a bit off and caused such an abnormality. Maybe not. Who knows :pir-grin:

EDIT: WHOOPS! I misunderstood :pir-blush: . In THAT case, how strange! All of my red coast guys (9 in all) just have gold buttons. Weird! I guess some were poorer than the ones that could get gold ones :pir-grin:

There both pure LEGO just ones odly different i know that the gold is the normal one Disscus!

Or perhaps it's as simple as the yellow buttons were once gold but have faded and that's why they no longer have a golden lustre.

Is it possible you could get better pictures?

Mr. phes if you also notice the one on the rights red "Jacket"

Has a black trim and the one on the left has a black trim on the top

Or perhaps it's as simple as the yellow buttons were once gold but have faded and that's why they no longer have a golden lustre.

Is it possible you could get better pictures?

Hmm, that's probably the reason.

It looks to me like the colours have been reversed, that is, there is black where the gold would be, and gold where the black would be. I think this happened every now and then, I'm pretty sure there are some reverse-print black falcons floating around...

Perhaps there was a bug in the printing process, or somebody swapped the black and the gold ink?

Edited by Frostbite

I have both types of them too. I thought this was common knowledge BTW.

reverses.jpg

Edited by zorro3999

What do you mean? Why is it common knowledge? That there is two?

Yes. I had them for ages and I knew it...

Does anyone have them too? Or know the exact reason? (probably misprinted I guess...)

I'm certain they aren't Hong Kong stuff...

Hong Kong? You mean it could be a cheap copy from Hong Kong? Not that there is anything wrong with Hong Kong, but there is everything wrong with clones!

This is very interesting. Sort of how there are some Castle flags with their waves going the opposite way. I wonder how some of these things happen?

I'll have to check some of my Imperials and see if I find any difference.

Could an ambassador check? Or is that not the right sort of LEGO ambassador question?

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Only one soldier here with black buttons. He's a redcoat too (checked the bluecoats just in case).

I'd never noticed this :o

However, it turns out that out of my 8 redcoats, two have these black buttons, which COULD hint at quite a small but significant percentage of those produced having these mysterious black buttons.

However, it turns out that out of my 8 redcoats, two have these black buttons, which COULD hint at quite a small but significant percentage of those produced having these mysterious black buttons.

Well if you can show us a picture!

Okay, well here goes.

Sorry about the poor picture quality - my old webcam was the only camera i had to hand!

Heres my eight redcoat chaps, what, what? (However, on reflection, one of those is the governor, who might not count in this experiment due to not having the same torso, meaning 2/7 have black buttons.)

blackbuttons2ow5.jpg

And here are the two with black buttons.

blackbuttonscg7.jpg

Now, do i win a prize for having the highest black:gold button ratio listed so far? :pir-wink:

All my 20 imperial guard torsos have gold buttons, never seen one with black buttons before, new to me.

hehe. I only have one imperial guard, and he has gold buttons. I'm waiting for a few more to arrive from Bricklink, so I'll check if any of those have black buttons... Do any of the official set pictures feature guards with black buttons? Not sure if that's relevant, but maybe...

~Fredster~wozere~

Not yet Duck, I am getting 29 redcoats from bricklink. And 10 blue coats.

So once I get them Im sure there will be at least two. :pir-laugh:

I'll show a picture of them when I get them

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Really wow this is a common mistake. :pir-classic:

I just got 29 imperial guards and 10 soldiers and

not one of them have a black button it seems I only have 1 out of 36 redcoats and 16 blue coats!