snaillad

MOC: Piazza Maria

Hello fellow EB members.

My latest creation Piazza Maria is a little closer to home than my last, a town square with influences from several different parts of Europe. There is a deli, an ice cream parlour and a furniture shop around the main square with a market with outside seating to create some hustle and bustle!

I only chose to furnish the interior's on the ground floors in all 3 buildings as there is very little depth to the buildings to accommodate a lot of apartment furniture like beds and such. I merely wanted window decoration where possible to show the buildings purpose.

Anyway on with the pics, there's only 7 so they are all in here, apologies for editing of the last two, I tried to erase out some brightly coloured plates underneath so it looks a little scruffy!

17546311808_3c6b60ed5d_c.jpg

17113743333_63a63de854_c.jpg

17734382091_55171f6fae_c.jpg

17731460732_7a189b0f7a_c.jpg

17113674773_9bbaac21f9_z.jpg

17546206408_f889f60c57_c.jpg

17731418762_0ed0feb8c2_c.jpg

If you wish to view them in flickr you can on the link here: https://www.flickr.c...s/52656812@N04/

Any comments welcome!

Cheers

And again another masterpiece from you. This one is easily my most favourite. This is just perfect. The colors, the architecture, the scenery. Lovely, just lovely.

Superb! Love the colors (is this Bright Light Blue?), the window frames, the red awning - it has a great Italian feel!

Excellent work Snaillad! It does have an Italian vibe to the scene. I really enjoy the colour selection and the little details such as the 1x4 hinge for the windows. The use of slopes to act as buttresses for the window patios is a way I hadn't thought of.

Beatifully done !! It reminds me of a relaxing evening eating pizza in Venice on one of the rare squares that wasn't discoverd by tourist hordes :laugh:

The way you made the roof for the blue house is excellent, (what isn't?) and the texture on the ground..stand out for me :wub_drool:

Edited by Sir Iron

I love it. The techniques are great, I especially love the cheese wheels, dividers around the dining area, the flower stand, and the fence bars near the windows on the second floor. The cobblestone details are also amazing as are the modern clothing on the minifigs in the older style Italian scene. I really like juxtaposition there. Awesome work man keep it up. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

This is a brilliant MOC. It immediately brings back memories of little Roman piazzas. The buildings are great too, balanced in colour and decoration.

Fantastic! Feels like you successfully LEGO-ized a small piazza somewhere in Trastevere :)

Edited by Sammael

Oh, and they are open backs as well.......AWESOME is too smaller a word for this, the detailing is perfect and the thing that grabs me the most....the food in the grocers store.....I love cheese ! :grin:

Congrats on being front paged and Brick On 'snaillad' ! :grin:

Oh wow! This brings me back to the tour of French Riviera we did a couple years ago. :wub: You've captured the essence of South European lifestyle perfectly.

Really awesome. It is incredibly italianish. I love the icecream shop furnitures.