Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Pirate Harbour on Ebay

Hey! Pity that this is being sold in Europe. I would buy it exept the shiping prices for something like this to Australia would be trumendous! Wow! Great find indeed. Hope that guy continues to make stuff like this.

Regards, Captain Zuloo :pir-laugh:

Wow thats a big MOC I wonder how he'll ship it (I can't read what it says) as one piece, divided in pieces, or completely taken apart? The MOC itself isn't that great but its big and is excellent in terms of a light grey (old or new grey I can't tell) and includes a few pirate pieces, wonder how much it will go for?

I beg to differ. In my opinion it is a very well thought out MOC. Have you got any idea how difficult it is to construct something that is made of the original light grey and a bit of black that looks like a fort? VERY HARD!

It's not bad, but there's too regular for me. All the little buildings looks like the same and there's too many grey pieces... :pir-sceptic:

Anyway, I wish it would be mine! :pir-tongue:

Well you two are entitled to your opinions, but I like it and I think it is a very realistic MOC.

I think it looks good, tho it's a rather easy construction I think.

But it says it contains 7000 parts. That would be worth the price I think would it not?

Lot's of plates I think. Would buy it if I had the money I think.

Benny

I beg to differ. In my opinion it is a very well thought out MOC. Have you got any idea how difficult it is to construct something that is made of the original light grey and a bit of black that looks like a fort? VERY HARD!

Actually I don't know how hard it is to construct and design a large fort :pir-blush: , I just think that its very simple in terms of building techniques theres no SNOT or plant life its very basic/plain, but I suppose that adds to the realism of this fort.

It's not bad, but there's too regular for me. All the little buildings looks like the same and there's too many grey pieces... :pir-sceptic:

Anyway, I wish it would be mine! :pir-tongue:

Thats kind of what I'm thinking about this fort, still all those grey parts have to be useful for something :wink: .

I've beefed Bonaparte's link up with some tracking code so now I can monitor how many people click on it - cool huh?

I've beefed Bonaparte's link up with some tracking code so now I can monitor how many people click on it - cool huh?

Haha. Only you could get away with that Mr Phes. You crafty devil....

I really like this, if you buy it you get many pieces (mainly grey), 2 big flags, shooting cannons and a nice number of minifigs! :pir-blush:

I really like this. A nice number of minifigs!

Finally somebody is talking sense! I think that it would be a good buy for bricks, if nothing else! Really! And there is a reasonable amount of shakos to. Not that you should buy it just to get your hands on them.

Finally somebody is talking sense! I think that it would be a good buy for bricks, if nothing else! Really! And there is a reasonable amount of shakos to. Not that you should buy it just to get your hands on them.

I did not say it's a bad buy. In fact I find it's quite good because you got a lot of MFs, some flags, cannons, boats and of course a large reserve of grey bricks :pir-grin:

I just said I didn't like the model. If it would be mine I would dismantle everything to build it in a better way. :pir-wink: But, of course, this is just my personal opinion...

As I think of it - somehow I am a bit suspicious about the partscount - 7000! bricks? It somehow looks way less?

What do you guys think of this and what about the price? If it WERE 7000 bricks it would be well worth it would it not?

Best regards, Benny

Ahhhhh... Controversy!

Perhaps someone should contact the seller and ask how they came to the conclusion this MOC has 7000 bricks.

Well, I already sent him a mail, asking for more pictures and if he has an overview of pieces, or at least a exact count - maybe he just added a 0 too much?

It somehow doesn't look like7k pieces to me :pir-oh:

Well it's definately more than 700 pieces but 7000 sounds a bit far fetched. Although it might contain really intricate furnature on the interior of the fort, and that could take a few bricks. But I would say it's about 3000 if that.

It looks to be about five thousand parts, but what if there were many bricks under the harbor. They could add a lot to the piece count without being seen. There may also be interiors as someone else mentioned. Anyway its a great source of grey parts, I envy whomever gets it.

Never fear, DJ´s here! :pir-classic:

Here´s a rough translation and summary of all the important facts:

110 studs long and 64 studs wide

Highest point (watchtower) stands 12" tall

13 soldiers

7 pirates

3 boats

treasure chests, cannons, and lots of more details

housing and beds for the pirates (so I guess there ARE interiors)

a bank for the pirates (with coins etc.)

warehouse for all the goods

I see lots of crates and barrels in the pics, too. Some crates seem to be filled with stuff, but I cannot make out what that is.

However, it appears that the whole thing is quite solid.

I think it´s a good buy. The parts alone would make a pretty good deal, and with some spare bricks and details one could add a lot of life and realism to this MOC.

Well I didn't think it were 700 pieces only, but 7000? That's a pretty big amount of pieces.

And what made me think is that he uses a lot of castle walls for the buildings and not normal, small gray bricks what would explain the large piece-count.

Still waiting for an answer on my question-to-the-seller-mail :pir-sceptic: Guess I'll got to get up early tomorrow and look if I have new mails :pir-laugh:

Let's wait and see if the seller responds before we go jumping to conclusions about the piece count.

Just found an answer mail in my inbox.

Seller only wrote that he has no list of pieces used, built it a very long time ago and will send it built as it is with DHL (for Germany).

I sent another mail, asking how he comes to know the piece-count if he built it some very long time ago and if he has any more pictures (no comment on this question in his 1st answer mail tho?)

Benny

English is probably his second language so maybe he misunderstood, or maybe he's avoiding the question...