Recently I finished my rocky island moc. I started building on this moc late 2011. Then I shelfed it. But now it's done and has been on display at LEGO World and Klodsfest (the Danish lugs annual LEGO event)

1431654205m_DISPLAY.jpg

14316542051_DISPLAY.jpg

If you haven't build rocks an mountains before you'll be surpriced at how many bricks it takes.

Apart from the small DBG baseplate i'm satisfied with the result.

More photos at http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/412337

The overall design is somewhat simple - but it looks very good. The rocks are nicely textured and the outpost looks good in those colors. The small cove, dock and steps are nice and the waves are beautiful, especialy when they hit the rocks. After seeing so many custom doors the standard door seems almost odd but I like them anyway. Very good build!

Great! I love the rockwork :wub: . Furthermore the waves are nice, too.

Edited by Balbo

I like your fort. I would be pleased if you could post some more picture. Some of the features are to far away to see them good. Like the red something in the rocks on picture 1 or the birds. I would also like to the the crashing waves from near. What did you use inside the rocks? DUBLO?

The rock work is really good. The waves are awesome looking. The outpost itself is rather simple, seems you could spice up the windows and doors a bit. But overall it looks good.

Thanks for all the comments so far. pir_laugh2.gif

I'll try to catch up on all the questions.

First of all I'll try not to make my moc over crowded, Because then you'll miss the interesting stuff. The tower is still very simple in its design. That because of my lack of bricks back in 2011. I would proberly have made it different today.

The inside of the rock is mostly empty space. I've used as few bricks as possible but still enough to make it stable enough to transport and handle with ease. I'll take some photos next time I set it up.

In another forum I've been asked to put up a few scenes. I'll do that. And also take some photos of the waves, birds and new scenes.

If you haven't build rocks an mountains before you'll be surpriced at how many bricks it takes.

Incredibly true. I really like the waves here; they're rather life-like with the plates going everywhere. thumbup.gif

I've added a few more figures and some cannons to the moc.

1434025624m_DISPLAY.jpg

I've added this and 5 more photos to my mocpage.

If you have the oppotunity to come to Skærbæk in Denmark 26th and 27th september. You can see the moc with you own eyes. This will properly be the last time the moc is on display before I take it apart.