legolooney

Brick events in the UK?

Hey folks,

Just wondering if there are any Brick events in the UK or specifically england.

The UK is obviously a huge part of the LEGO community but i cant find any big events or even samller ones...

If anyone could let me know i would be grateful.

Thanks

The Brickish Association from time to time hold events, just google them to see the events they've held in the recent past. Usually every October there's STEAM at Swindon, but they haven't got that listed yet on their website. I do hope they do it again as it's such a great event! Occasionally too they come to Legoland and put a small display on for the general public in May time. Hope this helps!

Gosh, an English event. The stuff of dreams. :sceptic: Nothing has come my way, but if it does, I'll be first in line for tickets. :laugh:

Edited by The crazy one

Birdie100 already mentioned them: The Brickish Association. They're very active with a lot of events annually. I've been an active member since 2007 and have been to loads of events (both public and private).

If you're interested in LEGO events in England, they are the people to turn to.

Cheers,

Ralph

More uk events would be great !

The brickish association do hold events but i think iirc its £12 to join the forum im not sure if they post up events on there home page

I stand corrected they do lol

A big NEC event would be huge !

As the plan goes the Eurobricks Event will be held in Windsor next year.

It is still some time for this to come but can still be good to know.

More uk events would be great !

The brickish association do hold events but i think iirc its £12 to join the forum im not sure if they post up events on there home page

I stand corrected they do lol

A big NEC event would be huge !

They do post upcoming events on their webpage. Indeed, it costs £12 per year to join but for that you do get a lot in return. A newsletter, the odd freebee now and then, and access to their website. One of the benefits of that is that whenever there's cheap LEGO to be had anywhere in the UK, you'll be one of the first people to know. If you want to look at it purely in financial terms, the savings I was able to make through that info alone were far more than the £12. There are also a few British bricklink sellers who give discounts to members of Brickish.

It's great that eurboricks has an event now and then, but when it comes to getting together with LEGO builders in your country./state, joining a LUG is hard to beat. The only regret I have about joining Brickish is that I didn't do it sooner.

Cheers,

Ralph

They do post upcoming events on their webpage. Indeed, it costs £12 per year to join but for that you do get a lot in return. A newsletter, the odd freebee now and then, and access to their website. One of the benefits of that is that whenever there's cheap LEGO to be had anywhere in the UK, you'll be one of the first people to know. If you want to look at it purely in financial terms, the savings I was able to make through that info alone were far more than the £12. There are also a few British bricklink sellers who give discounts to members of Brickish.

It's great that eurboricks has an event now and then, but when it comes to getting together with LEGO builders in your country./state, joining a LUG is hard to beat. The only regret I have about joining Brickish is that I didn't do it sooner.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph i never knew they did so much, will be signing myself up there very soon :thumbup: