Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Mafia School: Escape From Isla Paradisa - Day Five

day5.jpg

dayfive1.jpg

The Paradisa Holiday Romance Resort was in disrepair after all of it's maintenance staff were dead. Litter and dead leaves filled the pavement, weeds grew everywhere and a body floated in the pool.

dayfive2.jpg

The others found the bloated corpse of Cruz Fortaleza in the morning as they gathered at the Magnolia Lodge to hear the result of Mr. Crusoe's nightly interrogation. The Brazilian tourist's camera was lying broken at the edge of the pool, which sprung theories of Cruz being some sort of investigator that had been caught by the Mafia. Whatever the truth of it was, it was evident he had been an innocent member of the Town.

dayfive3.jpg

Soon Mr. Crusoe stepped out of the lodge carrying the head of Danielle Barrie, who had been convicted the previous evening. She, too, had been a Mafia goon, and would get the "honor" of having her head put on a pole next to the heads of her friends Dreo and Erin.

dayfive4.jpg

Mr. Crusoe fished out Cruz from the pool. He said that even though they already had caught three Mafia goons, the Brazilian's body proved that this nightmare wasn't over yet. There was still at least one scumbag hiding among them, and Mr. Crusoe would not give up the hunt until he was certain there was none left.

dayfive5.jpg

So began another day of pointing fingers and placing blames. The residents of Isla Paradisa had made two correct selections in a row, so would their luck hold a third time?

Mr. Crusoe would return at noon to find out.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the
Town
or the
Mafia
. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format;
Vote: Character (Player)
. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format;
Unvote: Character (Player)
. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.

The Cast:

ava-geert.jpgGeert Rotterdam, the Personal Trainer (Gregorovich)

ava-bridget.jpgBridget Darwin (Brickdoctor)

ava-casey.jpgCasey Roswell (Capt. Redblade)

ava-colette.jpgColette LeMans (KielDaMan)

ava-keith.jpgKeith Worthing (KartoffelViking)

ava-kylan.jpgKylan Ise (Cutlass Iz)

ava-panda.jpgPanda Panjin (Pandora)

ava-siegmund.jpgSiegmund Freiburg (smittyfan)

ava-vanya.jpgVanya Livny (Baylego)

The Deceased:

ava-ravi-dead.jpgRavi Bombay, the Chef (RvB) - Town - convicted on Day One - Failed

ava-raquel-dead.jpgRaquel Benito Juarez, the Maid (Raven Brickroft) - Town - convicted on Day Two - Passed

ava-claudia-dead.jpgClaudia Toscana, the Lifeguard (Captain Tamamono) - Town - killed on Night Two - Passed

ava-dreo-dead.jpgDreo Jacmel, the Bartender (dr jones) - Mafia - convicted on Day Three - Passed

ava-erin-dead.jpgErin Ennis (Euvor) - Mafia - removed from the game on Day Four - Failed

ava-danielle-dead.jpgDanielle Barrie, the Janitor (Dan the Brickman) - Mafia - convicted on Day Four - Passed

ava-cruz-dead.jpgCruz Fortaleza (CommanderFox) - Town - killed on Night Four - Passed

~*~*~*~*~*~

The voting starts 24 hours from now. There are 9 players left in the game, so it only takes 5 votes to convict someone.

So Danielle was an evil scumbag!!! She did a pretty good job of hiding it. :thumbup:

Cruz, you shall be greatly missed. :cry_sad:

Hooray! Yet another scumbag has been killed! I was going to vote for Danielle, but the conviction had already been reached. It doesn't matter though, as long as she's been killed. It's a terrible shame about Cruz, though. He was a really great participant.

This is all very bittersweet. On one hand, we now have two less Mafia goons in our midst, but on the other hand, we have lost another innocent Townie. Cruz will be missed. :cry_sad:

So Danielle was an evil scumbag!!! She did a pretty good job of hiding it. :thumbup:

Thumbs up? You are the worst townie we have had the misfortune to be coupled with. :hmpf_bad:

I am so glad that all the real townies did what was expected of them and joined together. One more scum down. Thank you Miss LeMans, couldn't have done it without you.

I am so glad that all the real townies did what was expected of them and joined together. One more scum down. Thank you Miss LeMans, couldn't have done it without you.

Yes, I agree. Now I know who I can trust, and hopefully the other innocents know that they can trust me. Thanks and well done for doing such a great job of organising us all, Colette :sweet: .

Thumbs up? You are the worst townie we have had the misfortune to be coupled with. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry, I got kinda confused for a moment what thread I was replying to... :blush:

Yes, I agree. Now I know who I can trust, and hopefully the other innocents know that they can trust me. Thanks and well done for doing such a great job of organising us all, Colette :sweet: .

Wait... I didn't know you'd been confirmed as innocent. My own reliable sources say that Colette was indeed confirmed as innocent.

Something fishy is going on here... :sceptic:

It's very sad to see Cruz getting killed, one of my really truzted people around here. You will truly be miszed. :sadnew:

But on the bright side, we're one mafia goon away from surviving ze nightmare of thiz island. I hope we could all set aside our differences and work together to lynch out the final scum, which will be ze most difficult one to identify, considering almost all of uz remaining here seem to be innocent, that's why we have some thorough analyzing and scrutinizing that we have to do.

Thank you Miss LeMans, couldn't have done it without you.

Thanks and well done for doing such a great job of organising us all, Colette :sweet: .

Thanks guys, but remember iti'z our collective decision that ultimately did it. One man/woman alone cannot do it alone. So let's keep this going, any valuable intel from you might get will be extremely useful for our cause.

My own reliable sources say that Colette was indeed confirmed as innocent.

It has come to my attention that I waz investigated last night, and thus finally confirming my innocence. As much az I would want to go to my signature 'Colette outrage', I won't. It waz a wasted investigation alright, but we can no longer do anything about it. What'z important for us iz to come up with significant leads. I've been thinking of a couple of possibilities, and I'll state that later when I finally gather my thoughts thoroughly.

Great that we got one more Scum out of the way, but too bad we had to lose poor Cruz in the mean time. :cry_sad:

So now, I agree that obviously the remaining Scum are the smartest of them, to have evaded detection for so long. So, what do we have to go on right now?

Great that we got one more Scum out of the way, but too bad we had to lose poor Cruz in the mean time. :cry_sad:

So now, I agree that obviously the remaining Scum are the smartest of them, to have evaded detection for so long. So, what do we have to go on right now?

I am very glad that we got scum out two days in a row! I can't believe Cruz is dead though! He was probably targeted bythe scum because he was the first one to step up and vote Danielle. I think a good indicator of finding scum would be to look at who did not vote for Danielle, since a mafia member would definitely not vote for her.

I am very glad that we got scum out two days in a row! I can't believe Cruz is dead though! He was probably targeted bythe scum because he was the first one to step up and vote Danielle. I think a good indicator of finding scum would be to look at who did not vote for Danielle, since a mafia member would definitely not vote for her.

Geert, Erin, and Panda did not vote at all, Dan voted for Colette but he, like Erin, doesn't matter any more, and Siegmund voted for Colette. I'm not pointing fingers yet, but the one who stands out the most is Geert, who also did not vote for Dreo but voted for Ravi and Raquel.

Props to the French chick; two more bags of scum gone :thumbup: :thumbup: It's a real pity about Cruz, though :sad:

But we should put the energy we use to mourn our fallen innocents into continuing our momentum against the last piece(s) of scum. Surely Geert or Vanya is on the top of the list of suspected scum by now, no?

Surely Geert or Vanya is on the top of the list of suspected scum by now, no?

Geert's at the top of my Scum list at the moment. Vanya I've wondered about, but I don't have anything to go on about her. She hasn't really stood out as much.

I agree that questioning thoze who did not vote iz our best way of moving forward towards lynching ze final scum. And only two of them remain: Geert and Panda. Let's give both ze benefit of ze doubt and allow them to explain themselves to us.

Intereztingly, I've been talking to both of them privately during ze course of yesterday's voting, and here's what transpired:

Geert - I initially voted for him, but he gave his 'sworn statement' to prove his innocence (which I shared to everybody), that made me and ze rest of us believe him that's why I unvoted him and voted for Danielle. I also told him that to ultimately prove himself, he should cooperate with ze innocent's collective decision by casting his vote for Danielle, which he said he'll do but did not or wasn't able to do. His reason? He was too late when he came back the voting is already finished.

Panda - she told me she'll happily vote with the majority, then she took a nap and when she woke up, the voting is already over.

Again, this is not in anyway, misjudging both of you, but to give you ze chance to defend yourselves.

Surely Geert or Vanya is on the top of the list of suspected scum by now, no?

Vanya - she did cast the deciding crucial last vote. She was a bit inactive in the discussions, but she readily cooperates with the rest of us especially in the voting.

Wow, two scum fewer since yesterday, that's better than I hoped for, but I shall miss poor Cruz.

I am especially sleepy these days, necessitating long naps; work jet-lag has messed with my body-clock and I have limited opportunities for conversation. I had confirmed my intention to vote with the group (whichever target was chosen) whilst it was still undecided who we planned to vote for, but I did not have the opportunity to do so as the vote was sealed before I could speak up and Mr Crusoe was remarkably efficient at closing the voting.

I would like to point out that I also voted for Dreo, who was confirmed scum just like Danielle, and that throughout this ordeal I have been calling on everyone to vote and join together to reach a majority.

I'm sleepy again and feel another long nap coming on; even though in my head it is the weekend.

If you would like me to explain more, then please have a private word with me so I may explain in words that will not anger God.

To all of those who still don't believe me, Colette has explained why I didn't vote. In our private conversation, I agreed to vote but didn't get to because the conclusion had already been reached when I returned to the room. I also provided her with a statement which I think proved my innocence. I thought that Colette had shared it with the people she trusts? So if you're still suspecting me, then I'm guessing that you're not in with the rest of us innocents, or Colette just hasn't shared my statement with you yet. If you'd like to hear it, you can speak with me privately.

or Colette just hasn't shared my statement with you yet.

I did share your 'sworn statement' with all thoze who I have contact with privately, so it's up to them if they will believe it or not.

Right now, we are all aware that only one mafia goon izremaining, and lynching ze 'last one' out will be ze most difficult one, so every lead we get will be important. And with you not being able to vote out ze last two times, unintentional or not, and considering ze last two suspects were both scums, you can't really prevent others from raising an eyebrow and being suspicious of you, even with your sworn statement. We all know during thiz stressful situation, lies are always a possibility. Heck, even I waz investigated even if I made a sworn statement to prove my innocence. At the end of the day, we have to vote someone off, since a non-conviction iz not an option, especially in this of time where we could already see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Why would I be scum? I casted my vote against both mafia members, and a mafia member would not vote out one of their own, right? As Colette has stated, I usually cooperate with the group vote. I also brought up an idea for evidence on who might be scum by looking at the votes from yesterday. A mafia member would not try to expose one of their own, they would try and blame an innocent. Only a true innocent would try and bring out evidence to try and find mafia members to lynch. That is why I am innocent, and why I will try as best as I can to help expose the final mafia member.

I've been thinking about everyone who is on the island, and there's no one I find suspicious at all. Colette, is there anyone still alive that isn't trusted by the rest of you?

Colette, is there anyone still alive that isn't trusted by the rest of you?

That iz the tricky part, there'z only 9 of us remaining here (excluding Mr. Crusoe), and all seem to have somehow proven their 'innocence' in one way or another. So today's vote iz like a double-edged sword, it'z either we convict ze last mafia goon and finally end this ordeal or we prolong our suffering here in ze island with another loss of a lynched innocent and worse a possible night victim. I will still have to talk with everybody privately to discuss thiz pressing matter.

Well, who made the weakest claim? I think that I proved my innocence quite well, but if anyone still doubts me I will prove to you that I am innocent.

Why would I be scum? I casted my vote against both mafia members, and a mafia member would not vote out one of their own, right?

Voting out your Scum teammate when they're going to get lynched anyways is an easy way to appear pro-Town.

Voting is now open (a little early, I know), and will last a maximum of 48 hours. It takes 5 votes to reach a conviction.

Voting out your Scum teammate when they're going to get lynched anyways is an easy way to appear pro-Town.

Hmm, I see Vanya entered the room, didn't say a word, and left. :sceptic: