pe668

Buried Trash 'n' Treasure (Final)

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 33a

The Legend of Captain Blood Beard - Part II

3002451138_f8c459509e_o.jpg

Blood Beard's piracy on both land and sea had netted him a considerable fortune which he was forced to frequently bury. In keeping with his brutal nature he would also bury some of his trash. Most often this would be the original owners of the treasure but sometimes it was a member of his crew that was exhibiting mutinous tendencies or just one he didn't like.

3002451208_43e3d113a2_o.jpg

3001615669_f9327ee6ed_o.jpg

3002451306_677338ab90_o.jpg

Edited by SlyOwl

I started with what I thought was a cool idea. Burying mini-figs in the sand of a beach. Until a friend pointed out that it's already been done plenty of times and way better than this. After a rethink I came up with the idea of a secret room where Blood Beard buries his treasure.

Edited by pe668

My opinion:

looks very good Pe668

I really like what you've done with it and the theme of PTV is followed. :thumbup:

A very good contest entry indeed!

Possible improvements:

1) Maybe you could put more gold on the floor.

2) A few things against that "wall" (moss, spiders,...) could add to the color palet.

3) The chairs in the sloop, are they necessary? Maybe a few other things would look better, like their weapons or something.

The pirates have been legging it everywhere.

Gee, it seems they walk in conveniently straight lines! :pir_laugh2:

What I like:(love)

1. THIS MOC! Dude, you have outdone yourself this time!

2. The doors to the underground cave.

3. The footprint idea.

4. The beard is the right way this time! :pir_laugh2:

What could be improved

1. The chairs in the boat - they don't look good. IMO you should replace them with benches. Pehaps two brown 1x4tiles length ways connected by two 1x2 plates at either side. Like the real boats benches but tith tiles on top for realism.

2. The captain's head could be a little more agro. Do you have any more appropriate heads?

3. Make the inside of the cave more rocky. Make it more jagged and random. Are there footprints on the side of the wall too? :pir-classic:

All in all, a wonderful MOC and one of my favourites so far.

Cheers,

Captain Zuloo

Edited by Captain Zuloo

TO THE STAFF: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE DELETE THIS POST??? (also on pe668's request)

TO THE OTHERS: PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST....

In the future could you make such requests via PM and provide a very good explaination for why a post may need to be deleted. It wasn't until pe668 PMed me that I was aware of what had transpired so it looked like you were carelessly posting.

I Like the last one the most! :thumbup:

I think the skeletons are a good Touch!

Btw...Is that Blue Torso Cracked?! :pir-oh3:

Undersigned MoWo

the last one is really cool, where did you got that golden chest ? Oo

I actually prefer sand with studs, it makes it looks like a lot of peoples walked on it!

I just see 1 possible improvement :

try to put something like a rock/grey on the top of the cave, sand can't stand like this without falling on the cave^^

and maybe add an animal on the beach, like a seagull

anyway ! I wish you good luck for the contest^^

Edited by Guss

In the future could you make such requests via PM and provide a very good explaination for why a post may need to be deleted. It wasn't until pe668 PMed me that I was aware of what had transpired so it looked like you were carelessly posting.

Oops...ok, I will do so. It was just I posted my comments and after it was posted I saw he divided his post over two (but you probably knew that already from his PM). Sorry. didn't think of that 'cause I was in a hurry.

And Pe668, maybe you should add some kind of a door/portal (don't know the exact word I'm afraid, but you know what I mean...) to hold back the sand.

Edited by zorro3999

And Pe668, maybe you should add some kind of a door/portal (don't know the exact word I'm afraid, but you know what I mean...) to hold back the sand.

Dork. And there is a door.

Thanks. What I really like about the people in this forum is there amazing eye for detail.

MoWo even spotted the broken fig. I spotted that just after posting into flicker and thought that no-one else would notice.

The chairs in the boat was a bad idea, I knew that. But I have 36 of these brown chairs and can never find a use for them.

The golden chest is from an Indiana Jones set 7622: Race for the Stolen Treasure. It's actually the ark from the first movie, "Raiders of the lost ark"

I decided against adding too much rock at the top as it closed everything in too much and the doors become too hidden. One of the details I liked in the draft was the half buried fig. Once the extra depth was added at the top this was no longer possible. The way I see it is the sand at the top is just a slice. Below that (not shown) is much rock and earth but is not present because of the cut away.

It's a strange shape. The treasure room could have occupied under the water as well. But I really like the fact it's just on the sandy side. I also love the contrasting colours on the top surface but down below only the gold shines. I could add plants, spiders and blood, it will make the lower section very colourful as well and I'm not sure that is a good thing, what do you think?

Anyway thanks so much for all the advice.

Dork. And there is a door.

I meant something for on the door, captain Zoluu, I noticed there was a door, but no doorway to HOLD THE SAND. Didnt you read my entire post about not knowing the exact name, I now what a DOOR is...

That's a really nice entry Pe668!

I love the pirate lowering the little chain to pick up the treasure! The wave in the ocean looks great as well.

A few improvements you could make are:

1) I think putting yellow tiles on the sand would look great.

2) In the cave, adding some treasure all around the floor would really make it feel like a... well... cave full of treasure! :pir-tongue:

3) Putting a spider or some leaves on the rock wall would provide good contrast to the grey.

You've done really well with your entry and I wish you good luck in the contest!

I know what a DOOR is...

That's what you say... Yeah I know what you mean. There was this pirate film I watched called the Last Buccaneer. It had a huge treasure cave with a huge door holding up the sand that could be released if the Americans got hold of the pirate city.

Very nice! It could use some improvements, but I think it's a cool vignette already.

Dr. X, do you have any idea of what some improvements could be?

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Opinion

I really like your improvements from when you first started. How you made you MOC taller and added some more pirates and a little boat. I think you did a great job creating the beach. Where the water hits, you put tiles down to give it a smooth effect and how you made the water. I like how you created the wave and how you also included some white water in your MOC to make it look more like the ocean. Down inside of the pit, I liked how you added a few skeletons, along with a lot of treasure chests. I also think you used a good choice of pirate minifigs.

Possible Improvements

1) I think the pirate faces are too original. Maybe you could add a mean look on the pirates faces.

2) On the top of your MOC, it looks too plain. You could add a monkey or crab crawling across the sand.

3) Down in the pit, you could add some blood next to the skeletons since there is lack of blood in your MOC.

4) On the wall of the pit, you could add a skeleton on the side of the wall that tried to get out long ago, but failed. You could also put some torches on the wall to have something other than gray there.

5) To add some color, you could have the captain holding a rainbow parrot.

Non-Brick Related

1) You don't have much of a story plot. Be creative and explain what is happening in your MOC and why the pirates are there in the first place.

2) Some minor spelling/grammar errors: "The studs are mini-fig footprints" and "My friend who loves anything and everything in SNOT design complained about my beach but I had an answer ready this time." It could be; "The studs on the yellow bricks represent the minifig footprints" and "I have a friend who loves everything to do with SNOT design complained about my beach I created for my MOC. Luckily this time, I already have the right answer."

Overall- This is a very good MOC and I can see you have spent along time creating it. A few minor grammar errors you have to watch out for. Some minor improvements for your MOC, but other than that, it is great. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

My PTV Entry- Medium

Edited by LegoKing

It could be; "The studs on the yellow bricks represent the minifig footprints" and "I have a friend who loves everything to do with SNOT design complained about my beach I created for my MOC. Luckily this time, I already have the right answer."

??? I don't know if that use of grammar would be better...? :pir-laugh: (Yes, I know my English isn't the best either... :pir-wink: )

To all:

And why does one HAVE to add blood all the time, just because someone posted a message he wanted to see blood, torture,...?(I think Bonaparte, who deserves our respect but who isn't a God we should blindly follow. IMHO he didn't even intend it this way), please people: read the rules! and leave the builders that didn't add (enough) blood in your piraty opinions alone :pir-sad2: ! IMHO: "add more blood!" is not "constructive critic" if the MOC doesn't contain killing or any (recent)corpses...

From the rules:Looting, robbing, smuggling and plundering are the hobbies of every healthy pirate. This contest explores the nefarious side of the LEGO System pirate's life, so your mission is to show us the less glamorous aspect of their daily activities in the Classic setting created by the original line.

Edited by zorro3999

I agree that an entry doesn't need massive amounts of blood to be great.

The way your entry looks is just fine!

I like the concept alot. possible change the sand and water effects (i'm a big culprite with that one ;) ). Other that tnat it looks great, i like the sword in the skelliton.

Good MOC, pe668. :pir-classic:

What I like:

The idea was very unique and clever. I really like how the buried guy's legs stick out below. :pir_laugh2: The skeletons also show cruelty from the pirates.

What could be improved:

The dock could be a little wider, it looks a bit flimsy at the moment. Maybe you could also add some more yellow plates by the head so it looks like he's buried better. Another little thing is that more gold and jewels could be added to the stash.

Overall, very innovative entry, good luck! :thumbup:

I realize that it doesn't need blood and gore; I just don't see what's so bad about storing treasure.

You're right of course. Both of my PTV MOCs only have violence implied and that was deliberate. When I finish taking final photo's I'll make up a story to go with it, which should help. This is a tale about buried treasure but the sub-text is buried trash. Imagine being thrown into a 12m pit, probably breaking an arm or leg and then left in the dark to starve to death. That does sound plenty cruel, much worse than the quick death from a cutlass.