Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur 2.0: Day Seven

banner2.0.png

img_4174.jpg

Lieutenant Arnold Daly / Rufus walked about the ship late at night for no real apparent reason other than to be killed off.

"Free haircuts!" a voice said.

"Free haircuts! People are always making fun of my hair!"

img_4175.jpg

"This won't hurt a bit now."

"I'm glad. My mother always told me never to get haircuts from strangers, but she's a liar and that's why I moved out."

img_4176.jpg

With one swift stroke he sliced the Lieutenant's head off.

"Darn you! Mom was right for once!" he said as he died.

img_4177.jpg

"Hey! This was supposed to be my kill. I had a hilarious death planned and everything." a second figure said.

"You should have gotten here sooner then."

img_4178.jpg

"Blah-blah-blah, you're all idiots, blah-blah-blah, Lieutenant Arnold Daly / Rufus was a Loyalist, same old same old." the engineer read.

Non Playable Characters:

admiral.jpg_thumb.jpg

Admiral Bob --- Played By Bob

Players: (18)

Command Officers:

3.jpg

Chief Engineer Lieutenant Commander Matthew Wilder --- Played by fhomess

5.jpg

Chief Security Officer Lieutenant George Harper --- Played by Dragonator

Officers:

9.jpg

Lieutenant Richard Francis, chief astrobiology officer --- Played by AwesomeStar

10.jpg

Lieutenant Thomas Hornby,chief cartography officer --- Played by Shadows

11.jpg

Lieutenant Michelle Wheeler, chemist --- Played by Inconspicuous

12.jpg

Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt, med-bay nurse --- Played by Fugazi

23.jpg

Lieutenant Zachary Jones, junior engineer --- Played by Masked Builder

Enlisted:

15.jpg

Ensign Samantha York, navigator --- Played by Capt.JohnPaul

21.jpg

Ensign Allison Williams, engineer --- Played by swils

22.jpg

Ensign Robert Holloway, engineer --- Played by Waterbrick Down

Gone, but not forgotten:

20.jpg

Ensign Timothy Mandel, engineer --- Played by Dannylonglegs, electrocuted on Night One (Loyalist)

19.jpg

Ensign Peter Robbins, janitorial staff --- Played by Peanuts, blown apart on Night One (Loyalist)

17.jpg

Ensign Brian Pewter, security --- Played by Palathadric, lynched on Day Two (Loyalist)

18.jpg

Ensign Jack Campbell, security --- Played by Dakar A, 'sploded by a phaser on Night Two (Loyalist)

14.jpg

Ensign Jason Falcon, helmsman --- Played by Hinckley, stabbed to death on Night Two (Loyalist)

4.jpg

Chief Medical Officer Lieutenant Commander Julius Burbank, M.D. --- Played by Brickdoctor, lynched on Day Three (Loyalist)

7.jpg

Lieutenant Donna Willis, chief research officer --- Played by KingOfTheZempk, struck dead by a machine gun on Night Three (Loyalist)

13.jpg

Lieutenant Joshua Wright, med-bay nurse --- Played by CallMePie, vanished without a trace on Night Three (Unknown)

2.jpg

Second Officer Lieutenant Commander Andrew Gordon --- Played by Scubacarrot, voted off for being a dick on Day Four (League Of Purists)

16.jpg

Ensign Toby Rockford, security --- Played by darkdragon, voted off on Day Five (League of Purists)

1.jpg

First Officer Commander Cameron Walters --- Played By Scouty , frozen in carbonite forever on Night Five (Loyalist)

6.jpg

Science Officer Lieutenant Michael McAndrews --- Played by Tamamono, blasted across the deck on Night Five (Loyalist)

8.jpg

Lieutenant Arnold Daly, chief astrophysicist --- Played by Rufus, given a bad haircut on Night Six (Loyalist)

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyalists or the League of Purists. To win the game, the Loyalists must vote or kill off all the League of Purists, while the League of Purists needs to outnumber the Loyalists. Additionally, keep on the lookout for other factions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During a day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting must be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. Don't edit your posts, or I will cry.

9. Post in all of the day threads or I will cry.

10. Please don't metagame to much, or I will cry.

11. I hate taking avatar photos, so don't make fun of me or I'll cry.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Your character will also die in the most gruesome and awful way possible. I also won't cry.

:wacko:

The death of Lt Daly is unfortunate, but also very interesting. It does seem to put to rest my theory that there's a mole infiltrating the town core.

Also, Lt Wilder, who did you tell about your target last night?

I'm surprised that the vig went after Daly as well as the scum killer. Daly never struck me as particularly scummy, and no one accused him yesterday in the day thread. If only the scum killer went after Daly, then I might believe that the scum were trying to frame anyone Daly suspected. However, since both killers went after him, something else I can't explain was afoot.

For most of the day yesterday, Daly was pushing against Hornby, but stopped when the PMs were revealed. In a story called Werewolf, I was a scum protector who worked my way into the town block by protecting members of the town for a good number of nights. That was the best game I ever played, and since I know it's possible to dupe the town with a protecting action, I'm not so inclined to let Hornby off the hook just yet.

If it weren't for the PMs, Daly was in favor of voting out Hornby. If I believe that the PMs don't necessarily prove that Hornby is on our side, then following a confirmed Loyalist's suspicion, I would be opposed to Hornby.

Yes it's a bit far-fetched, but I think it would explain the leak in the town block that people believe exists.

Wilder, as one Commanding officer to another, and to be fair as the only other commanding officer left, you really need to start choosing some better targets. :laugh:

To me, Officer Daly wasn't really someone I could make a judgment on either way; he was helpful, but could still have been doing that under the guise of purism. I think this is likely why he was targeted by the Purists last night, they wanted to remove someone who wouldn't disrupt the confusing debate over who to convict from yesterday. So we are pretty much back where we were again, unless any other results come to the surface.

It does seem to put to rest my theory that there's a mole infiltrating the town core.

How does it do that, exactly?

Also, Lt Wilder, who did you tell about your target last night?

Last I knew, he still hadn't decided on a target, the fact that he chose Daly tells me one thing, he's either a serial killer or he was influence by someone he should reveal immediately. I'd accuse him of being scum, but that wouldn't make sense with them both targeting the same person. WHY DALY? No one suspected him, there was no reason to. I didn't even suspect him yesterday when he voted for me, and by the end of the day we were seeing things the same way.

For most of the day yesterday, Daly was pushing against Hornby, but stopped when the PMs were revealed.

He saw his mistake. Your point? He didn't even push that hard, he just needed answers, if he had asked sooner he would have realised the mistake sooner.

In a story called Werewolf, I was a scum protector who worked my way into the town block by protecting members of the town for a good number of nights. That was the best game I ever played, and since I know it's possible to dupe the town with a protecting action, I'm not so inclined to let Hornby off the hook just yet.

Do the town a favour and don't base your suspicions on your own past evils. If we're playing the history game, I could tell you all about a town called Moonlight that had a protector who kicked the scum's megablocks while also keeping them from killing him at night. To take him down, they would have had to lynch him. We also had a ghost investigator who revealed a scum and greatly helped the town in the process. Sound familiar?

Yes it's a bit far-fetched, but I think it would explain the leak in the town block that people believe exists.

Except I've never been part of the town block, I stayed out of it to maintain the secrecy of my role, and even last night, I didn't know who would be targeted. If I had, I would have protected him instead because it was such an obviously stupid move. It's exactly the same as the night Wilder killed Walters, I had no idea he was going to do it or I would have stopped it.

I think this is likely why he was targeted by the Purists last night, they wanted to remove someone who wouldn't disrupt the confusing debate over who to convict from yesterday. So we are pretty much back where we were again, unless any other results come to the surface.

Exactly, they had hoped to use the town to kill me, and when he saw the mistake in that, they killed him to remove one more roadblock.

The question is, why did the vig target him? That is where we need to look today. Not one time in our discussions was he ever raised as a potential target. Not one time was he even a suspect. McAndrews made a list of suspects at one point, as did Walters, and so have I. Even Wilder had a list. None of us ever included Daly in that. As a matter of fact, the one person that 3 of the 4 of us did include is someone who is alive and making misleading comments even now, yet he wasn't targeted. There is no logic to this, you have a hell of a lot of explaining to do, Walters.

Right now, the scum are surely laughing their heads off, even the dead ones (though let's face it, they did so poorly against this pathetic town that they ended up dead in the first place, so they can't really laugh too hard :laugh:). If it hadn't been for the stupidity of the town block letting the scum right into the heart of things, we wouldn't be where we are now, on the brink of disaster.

Oh, and it would be good to hear who our investigator targeted last night and the result. Why do I expect it to be another townie and utterly useless again?

:wacko:

The death of Lt Daly is unfortunate, but also very interesting. It does seem to put to rest my theory that there's a mole infiltrating the town core.

If anything I would suspect this as disproving the existance of a mole, dependent upon if they knew who the vig was going to kill, as the scum would have no reason to kill the same target as they would have known Daly was town. Any way you dice it, it would appear to me that the scum were trying to set Rockford up.

Honestly I couldn't tell if Daly was scum or not, his out-there accusation of Burbank based on a theory dependent on the simulation set-up and his theory based on a scum conversion yesterday did not sit well with me, but his consistant even-keeled manner did seem genuine. To suffice it, I liked his style but not his theories. Until further notice I think we're all going to be dependent to see what Jones snooped up from last night.

Well the best evidence for a leak we have right now is that our blocker died the very night he was supposed to block you! :hmpf_bad:

No, the night kills argue against a leak, as the scum would have targeted someone other than Rufus had they known what the Vig was up to.

How does it do that, exactly?

Please see above and also Ensign Holloway's explanation. :sweet:

Last I knew, he still hadn't decided on a target, the fact that he chose Daly tells me one thing, he's either a serial killer or he was influence by someone he should reveal immediately.

Aw shoot. You see, had the vigilante shared the name of his night target every crew member in the know would have been cleared of suspicion. That's because we can assume that scum wouldn't have targeted the same crew member had they known -- counter-productive.

...scum would have targeted someone other than Rufus...

I mean Lt Daly, of course! :blush:

No, the night kills argue against a leak, as the scum would have targeted someone other than Rufus had they known what the Vig was up to.

That only works if he told someone that he planned that idiotic kill. The last time we corresponded, the list of likely targets was very different (and more logical). I'm more curious if someone influenced him towards that target, but if they did, why would the scum hit him also. In the end, the whole thing makes no sense at all.

Aw shoot. You see, had the vigilante shared the name of his night target every crew member in the know would have been cleared of suspicion. That's because we can assume that scum wouldn't have targeted the same crew member had they known -- counter-productive.

Right, and if he had told everyone, I would have protected Daly. I'd love to know if that would have worked against both killers or not.

Yesterday I was interested in seeing if I had voted for the right person, Shadows, it seems I was wrong. My result came back town. So I have no new leads, and I must admit that the town has really given this to the scum. :hmpf_bad:

Where's everyone? :look:

Yesterday I was interested in seeing if I had voted for the right person, Shadows, it seems I was wrong. My result came back town. So I have no new leads, and I must admit that the town has really given this to the scum. :hmpf_bad:

It's better than nothing. The people you have investigated can't all be Godfathers.

I'm waiting to hear from Lt Wilder before I cast a vote... He might have some information to help us reach a decision.

He saw his mistake. Your point? He didn't even push that hard, he just needed answers, if he had asked sooner he would have realised the mistake sooner.

Fair enough. Everything you've said makes perfect sense. Forgive me for not discounting the possibility that you're manipulating the town - take it as a compliment!

I would also like to hear from Wilder, since the there seems to be a lot of confusion as to why he picked his target.

Not that it necessarily aids us for the time-being, but it might be something to consider. I think we can assume that Rockford was the scum role-blocker as we've now gone quite a few days without any of our claimed PR's saying they were role-blocked and given that the scum pretty much know who they are by now, I can see no reason why they would waste role-blocking an unknown person. Also, due to this fact, I also don't think the scum can inherrit actions. If Gordon's role-cop claim was to be believed then out of their two lost actions I would assume the scum would want to keep their role-blocking power as again they already know the majority of the town's PR's.

Where's everyone? :look:

We're stuck. There's not much to say. :sceptic: And people get the spotlight on them for making "useless posts." Or repeating what others said. Is there anything that someone could bring forward? :look:

I went with my own read on one of the remaining players who wasn't among my list of folks I trusted.

I'll go ahead and throw out vote: Lieutenant Michelle Wheeler (Inconspicuous).

Wheeler's been someone I've had some issue with in the past, but she has to this point flown a bit below the top of my lists. At this point, I don't see a large difference between some of the unconfirmed members of the ship, so she gets my vote. She has the unfortunate issue of surviving the night she was supposed to be blocked.

We're stuck. There's not much to say. :sceptic: And people get the spotlight on them for making "useless posts." Or repeating what others said. Is there anything that someone could bring forward? :look:

Well, we've got the investigator's results for the night and the two kill targets. Unless you're asking for the Purists to come out and say "Oh, yeah I targeted ____ for ____", then I'm not sure what else you want? :wacko:

She has the unfortunate issue of surviving the night she was supposed to be blocked.

I really hope you're not voting me out simply because the blocker was killed the night he was going to block me. What kind of reasoning is that? If you have other, legitimate reasons to vote me out, present them to me and I'll defend. There's no way I can address your vote if you don't even present a case against me.

Vote Tally:

Michelle Wheeler / Inconspicuous: 1 (fhomess)

The spirits of the Excalibur cry in anguish.

"BORING."

Thoughts of a townie frozen in carbonite

Rainbows, rainbows, look as I frolick among the glittering droplets of rainbows. None to worry, my Leia is coming, soon I'll frolick with the magic mushroom poop of yesteryear.

YAAAAAAWWWWWWNNNNNN. Being frozen in carbonite sure is boring!

Why freeze me, meanie host, just let me go on vacation or something :cry_sad::cry3:

I'm blind :sing: !!

Look, a fluffy wuffy :wub_drool:

End thoughts of a townie frozen in carbonite. Please go about your daily routine. You should also unfreeze me, that'd be really cool, and stuff. I can get you whatever you want :sweet: !

Boring, indeed. Why are you so inactive?

I think you are all Scum or numb, Scum or numb. :sadnew:

Well, we've got the investigator's results for the night and the two kill targets. Unless you're asking for the Purists to come out and say "Oh, yeah I targeted ____ for ____", then I'm not sure what else you want? :wacko:

Yeah, the result was town. Back where we started. We got the kill targets? *Look over again* Then can Fhomess please provide a better theory? To be honest, I'll have to reread yesterday to get a refresh of what happened.

PS, can someone throw a tantrum? :cry_happy:

I see dead people. :wacko:

According to Starfleet regulation 182, subsection 6, paragraph 3...

Let he amongst you who sucketh less, liveth longer, and thus boredom shall not come.

It's one of the more archaic parts of Starfleet code. Now get lost, some of us are trying to figure things out here, we'll join you shortly. :tongue:

George yawns.

Just going off my own gut instinct and my general observations of everyone here, I think for now I'm going to have to agree with my fellow commanding officer. Lieutenant Wheeler has been anything but helpful, and to me is a better target for today than anyone else that we are likely to gather votes for.

Vote: Lieutenant Michelle Wheeler (Inconspicuous)