Ahoy, laddies!

As the Lord Chancellor said, there will be ships.

But let's start small, shall we?

Presenting:

'Le Protecteur'

26607826524_cbda9f4a44_c.jpg

Being a light topsail schooner, agile and with a shallow draft, Le Protecteur excels at patrol duty in difficult waters, anti pirates sweeps, and reconnaissance missions, freeing La Royale's much needed heavy hitters for more challenging ventures.

Crewed by experienced men, and captained by an able sea dog Le Protecteur will surely master the tasks ahead of her.

27145574141_15bc45179c_c.jpg

27145579311_c52102d984_c.jpg

about:

Some of you might have recognized the resemblance to La Recouvrance. That's no coincidence. But Le Protecteur was in fact the ship to be launched first, and La Recouvrance was modeled only afterwards. I just never came around to post the ship, and the actual need to do so only arose... well, recently.

As always, all can be built. And for quite some time I did have an urge to really build this ship... but then other ships happened :wacko:

Just FYI, her length at the waterline is 57 studs, LOA is 85, and she's 18 studs wide.

For now she'll be a class 3A, let's see if that changes with the next ship list.

C&C welcome!

Vive le Roi!

I like the shallow hull here, the color scheme looks very classy too pirate_wubnew.gif And those plate sails are excellent thumbup.gif

I always love your ships, and this is no exception! I really do want to see you build one of these in real bricks just to see how it translates.

Another really pretty ship from you, KB - hull curve is smooth as always and really like the subtle billowing of the sails! :thumbup:

Great ship yet again, KB!

I'm alwyas in love with your sails!

Another lovely ship, KB, the hull is excellent, and those cannon and the flag are simply superb! pirate_wubnew.gif

Magnifique! Another masterpiece from you! Can't say anything more. Well done monsieur!

Fair winds and calm seas!

Yours truly:

Captain Charles J. Becker

He is churning them like a madman!!! Poor minions work overtime!!!

Excellent build as always and once more a pride for our fleet