Jump to content


The HMS Unclaimable, version 1 finished


  • Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic  – Started by El Bucanero , Jan 31 2007 07:53 PM

#1 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image 41c

Ladies(are there any?) and gentlemen! Here it is! The HMS Unclaimable!

Posted Image

Errr, no it's not the big red ship X-D

This is the thread for progress pictures of the HMS Unclaimable...

This is the only picture in the folder yet so I don't think it makes alot of sense to link to the BS folder....


EDIT:

latest pics:  August 26 2007

Posted Image

Posted Image

La Folder.

#2 oo7

oo7
  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2891
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

Uuuhhhhhhhhh....................

Why didn't you build at least something and then make a thread with a few pictures? :-/

How is anyone supposed to critique a couple hull pieces stuck together? 8-|
Posted Image

#3 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20240
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

Is this your latest project Mr Tiber?


View Postoo7, on Feb 1 2007, 07:10 AM, said:

How is anyone supposed to critique a couple hull pieces stuck together? 8-|


Like this...

That seems to be quite a long hull, why do you feel the need to make such a big ship?  How is this more beneficial than building a small ship?


:-D


Posted Image


#4 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

,

#5 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20240
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

When is the Bricklink order expected to arrive?


Posted Image


#6 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

[,

#7 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20240
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

View PostMr Tiber, on Feb 1 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

This is the only picture in the folder yet so I don't think it makes alot of sense to link to the BS folder....
Have a nice day,

Well in the mean time you can upload this image to the Brickshelf Folder:

Posted Image


Then you can tell us who has commissioned this vessel and who the captain is.  ;-)


Posted Image


#8 oo7

oo7
  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2891
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:19 PM

============================

EDIT

View PostMister Phes, on Jan 31 2007, 03:12 PM, said:

Like this...

That seems to be quite a long hull, why do you feel the need to make such a big ship?  How is this more beneficial than building a small ship?
:-D

Useless nitpicking tedious over-analyzation.....
Posted Image

#9 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20240
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

Yeah so?  Doesn't mean he can't entertain us with the fictional aspects of his MOC while we wait.  He can hype it up and get everyone so excited they'll be drooling with great anticipation.

Unless he doesn't want to...  :-/


Posted Image


#10 pianodude2494

pianodude2494

    Posts: 60
    Joined: 10-January 07
    Member: 1229
    Country: America

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

Wow! That is one long hull! Can't wait to see what the finished product turns out like!

One question...with such a long ship, three studs between each gun seems a bit cramped, don't you think? I think four studs would be more fitting, but of course, that just my opinion. ;-)

#11 Kahgarak

Kahgarak

    Posts: 1359
    Joined: 23-October 05
    Member: 514
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

Nice hull.I'm eager to see the final result.

#12 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14384
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:02 PM

Yes yes yes, you started on your new ship!
Thats great news Mr. Tiber!
How many decks will this ship have? Can you give a hint on the color scheme you will be using?

View Postpianodude2494, on Jan 31 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

One question...with such a long ship, three studs between each gun seems a bit cramped, don't you think? I think four studs would be more fitting, but of course, that just my opinion. ;-)
Lets all agree officially that 3 studs between the cannons it best! Not 2, not 4 but 3!
I'm considering to organize a poll on the optimal number of studs between the cannons   :)
Nothing personal my best friend Mr. Pianodude2494!

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#13 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

View Postpianodude2494, on Jan 31 2007, 07:22 PM, said:

Wow! That is one long hull! Can't wait to see what the finished product turns out like!

One question...with such a long ship, three studs between each gun seems a bit cramped, don't you think? I think four studs would be more fitting, but of course, that just my opinion. ;-)
I usually only have 2 studs distance :-P . You should take a look at this fine ship, six mid sections(just like this one) and 3 studs between the guns.

View Postbonaparte, on Jan 31 2007, 08:02 PM, said:

Yes yes yes, you started on your new ship!
Thats great news Mr. Tiber!
How many decks will this ship have? Can you give a hint on the color scheme you will be using?
Lets all agree officially that 3 studs between the cannons it best! Not 2, not 4 but 3!
I'm considering to organize a poll on the optimal number of studs between the cannons   :)
Nothing personal my best friend Mr. Pianodude2494!

The ship is a sister ship from the HMS Unpredictable, so the colour scheme will be almost the same and it will have 1 and maybe 2 gun decks...

#14 Scouty

Scouty
  • [not worthy of classic film title]


    Posts: 7901
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Could use some more detail :-P . Well, let's see that progress!
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#15 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!


    Posts: 20240
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:46 AM

So no information regarding who has commissioned this vessel and who the captain is?


Posted Image


#16 Phred

Phred
  • Kinda back


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 18-October 06
    Member: 1037
    Country: USA

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:26 AM

View Postbonaparte, on Jan 31 2007, 03:02 PM, said:

...
Lets all agree officially that 3 studs between the cannons it best! Not 2, not 4 but 3!
I'm considering to organize a poll on the optimal number of studs between the cannons   :)
Nothing personal my best friend Mr. Pianodude2494!
Sorry B,
I can't agree with you on that one.  I think 4 studs should be the closest, especially if the non-moc cannons are being used.  If larger MOC cannons are being used, then 5-6 studs between gun ports.
Nothing personal here too.  :)

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image


#17 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:20 AM

View PostMister Phes, on Feb 1 2007, 12:46 AM, said:

So no information regarding who has commissioned this vessel and who the captain is?
Nope, not yet... I first have to figure that out myself :-P


View Postphred, on Feb 1 2007, 05:26 AM, said:

Sorry B,
I can't agree with you on that one.  I think 4 studs should be the closest, especially if the non-moc cannons are being used.  If larger MOC cannons are being used, then 5-6 studs between gun ports.
Nothing personal here too.  :)
Why do you think 3 isn't enough? This actually sounds like a good rule for a pirate game: minimum distance between cannons: 3 studs.

#18 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14384
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:48 AM

View PostMr Tiber, on Feb 1 2007, 09:20 AM, said:

Why do you think 3 isn't enough? This actually sounds like a good rule for a pirate game: minimum distance between cannons: 3 studs.
That would be a good rule indeed. Minimum 3 studs or you are putting an unrealistic number of guns on the ship. Because they can't be operated when there is not enough space between them.

With custom guns it might be needed to have more than 3 studs. I fully agree with Mr. Phred on this.
And even if you want to use the standard Lego cannons, you can choose to have more than 3 studs.
But hey, don't complain if you ever meet my ship in battle and suddenly discover that you have not enough firepower because of all the studs between your cannons :-D .

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#19 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:24 PM

And now I have to modify the Acheron, there are only 2 studs distance between the guns :-$  :-D .

#20 Phred

Phred
  • Kinda back


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 18-October 06
    Member: 1037
    Country: USA

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

View Postbonaparte, on Feb 1 2007, 02:48 AM, said:

That would be a good rule indeed. Minimum 3 studs or you are putting an unrealistic number of guns on the ship. Because they can't be operated when there is not enough space between them.

With custom guns it might be needed to have more than 3 studs. I fully agree with Mr. Phred on this.
And even if you want to use the standard Lego cannons, you can choose to have more than 3 studs.
But hey, don't complain if you ever meet my ship in battle and suddenly discover that you have not enough firepower because of all the studs between your cannons :-D .
Don't worry B,
I won't ever complain about not having enough firepower if i met your's or Mr. Tiber's ships in battle.

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image


#21 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

View Postphred, on Feb 1 2007, 03:08 PM, said:

Don't worry B,
I won't ever complain about not having enough firepower if i met your's or Mr. Tiber's ships in battle.

Do you mean you wouldn't shoot us??

#22 Phred

Phred
  • Kinda back


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 18-October 06
    Member: 1037
    Country: USA

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

View PostMr Tiber, on Feb 1 2007, 10:11 AM, said:

Do you mean you wouldn't shoot us??
LOL :-D
Only if your vessel is showing its surrender flag.:'-)

Edit:

View Postbonaparte, on Feb 1 2007, 12:14 PM, said:

Lets see I you are still that brave when you are looking into the Excaliburs guns Mr. P   :-D
I will give you a preview of the last image you might see before joining your ship at the bottom of the ocean  :-P  
Posted Image
I look forward to battle with you in the high seas.  Arrr!
X-D
Though we may have to look into settling this diplomatically.  I mean, getting into a war over 3 or 4 studs between cannon is a little trivial.
Well i suppose most wars start over such trivial matters. |-/
Though, i be not backing away from a fight. :skel1:

BTW That would be a sweet broad side. I look forward seeing the completed MOC.

Phred

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image


#23 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose


    Posts: 14384
    Joined: 22-June 06
    Member: 822
    Country: Belgium

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:14 PM

View Postphred, on Feb 1 2007, 06:10 PM, said:

LOL :-D
Only if your vessel is showing its surrender flag.:'-)
Lets see I you are still that brave when you are looking into the Excaliburs guns Mr. P   :-D
I will give you a preview of the last image you might see before joining your ship at the bottom of the ocean  :-P  
Posted Image

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.



Posted Image



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here



Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide






#24 Phred

Phred
  • Kinda back


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 18-October 06
    Member: 1037
    Country: USA

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

Mr. Tiber,
How many cannon do you plan on having on the HMS Unclaimable?

Phred

Pirates don't hunt for treasure.  They bury it- I mean we bury it.  - Captain Kirk

Posted Image


#25 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

View Postphred, on Feb 1 2007, 05:48 PM, said:

Mr. Tiber,
How many cannon do you plan on having on the HMS Unclaimable?

Phred

Would be something like 30 or 40...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links