Sign in to follow this  
Vimes

CAT 1: Black Mask's Tower - A clayfull of trouble...

tower_full.jpg

LI: "We have a problem, sir! Clayface escaped out of his containment area within our underground facility. Dr. Cael assumes that he reaches the surface at any moment. Our tests left his mental condition dangerously unstable. It's possible, that he runs amok."

BLACK MASK: "Dammit! How is that possible?! This endangers our whole operation! A chaos like that is a Bat-magnet!"

blackmask.jpg

LI: "Sir, we've got a new report. Clayface surfaced right in in front of our building! GCPD units are engaging the creature as we speak!"

tower_front.jpg

BLACK MASK: "Enough! Send for Freeze! He must interrupt his project and catch Clayface before this desaster escalates further. Remind him that he is part of our operation and uses our resources. If we fail, so will he."

LI: "I already contacted his lab, sir. He understands and is on his way."

freeze.jpg

LI: "And our other guest, sir?"

BLACK MASK: "Penguin has to wait. Be sure to make this delay as comfortable as possible for him. We need his cooperation."

LI: "Of course, sir, as you wish."

penguin.jpg

BLACK MASK: "And, Li?"

LI: "Sir?"

BLACK MASK: "Any more bad news and you'll be as dead as that blithering idiot Cael!"

Meanwhile...

In the dark back-alley of Black Mask's Tower a seemingly smaller but brutal crime is about to happen, when a drunk punk decides to smash the bones of a hapless bum just for fun.

But this poor man is in luck - he has an unlikely feline guardian angel...

tower_back.jpg

Well, that's it.

I hope, that it's ok, that I switched between interior and exterior views (everything pictured is within the MOC - I've build the building for easy access, so that my son and I can play with it, when I'm finished for the contest).

I've always wanted to build a full Gotham building, so the contest was a welcome motivation.

The story of the scene uses elements out of the background of the characters. In the comics Black Mask and Penguin were sometimes business partner, and Black Mask used Mr. Freeze as an enforcer once. So I merged those story elements into a background for my scene.

I know, the quality of the pics is not the best, but my camera hates me, and although I'm quite intimidated of the quality entries so far, it was fun to build something for Lego Batman.

Cheers!

This is an awesome MOC! I love the amount of detail and the narrative layout. Also, your choice to use the rock monster as Clayface is just perfect! :grin:

/stands up

/claps

/ovation

WOW!

I can't believe you got SOOOOO many people so brilliantly inclosed in a single 32x32 block (that isn't Arkham)

Your clayface - freak'n fantastic.

Wow, what a great entry! It certainly has that gothamy dark art deco look to it, and the interior looks lovely too! It's also great how many villains you managed to incorporate. Good work all around! :thumbup:

Everything fits perfectly, the mood, the action, the style, everything screams Gotham city. Awesome job!

Astonishing MOC indeed! :classic:

Well, you even included a short-legged version of me! :laugh: And I really like that appartment of mine. I'm not asking about the purpose the scorpion's tail on the bed! :grin:

A great MOC with a great presentation! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks for the feedback! That's my first MOC that big, but it was fun to build (took nearly all of my light/dark bluish gray parts I own).

...I'm not asking about the purpose the scorpion's tail on the bed! :grin:

Dammit! That darn thing spun around and I didn't notice it. The scorpion should represent a decorative lamp (when turned upside down), but I used the wrong parts to attach it... ah, well... :laugh:

Your entry has been noted.

Any further changes to your entry MUST be informed to me via PM.

Thank you.

WhiteFang