Sign in to follow this  
Jellyeater

[MOC] Johny Thunder And The Amazon Temple

Amazing! :wub:

The Adventurers theme is my favorite LEGO theme ever and this is a wonderful homage!

Congratulations! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fantastic MOC! So good to see my favourite Lego theme being re-explored.

You can imagine the sound of the water crashing down from the cleverly-built waterfall (is this made using parts from the Cinderella set?)as well as the busy sounds of the jungle fauna hiding in the abundant foliage. The boat is the perfect vehicle for navigating the murky waterways (a realistic colour choice). The mangrove-style tree roots also set the scene nicely.

I just wonder if this is not more of a Mexican/Central American location rather than the Amazon, as the temple looks quite Mayan-inspired but certainly not a criticism. Also I don't think crocodiles are actually found in the Amazon - (just their smaller caiman cousins).

It pleases me to see the CMF series 13 palaeontologist used, as always thought she would be a perfect recruit for Johnny Thunder's band of adventurers. Hopefully there will be plenty more 'Adventurers-compatible' figures in future series - or better still a return of the theme - do we dare to dream...?!

Edited by lifeinplastic

I just wonder if this is not more of a Mexican/Central American location rather than the Amazon, as the temple looks quite Mayan-inspired but certainly not a criticism. Also I don't think crocodiles are actually found in the Amazon - (just their smaller caiman cousins).

I noticed that too.... And the Aztec Warrior is there!

This is an awesome MOC! I think the swamp water would look better in trans-green (so it seems more water-y) though the olive green looks really good too. I love that steamboat, and the rockwork is great inside and out. I spy an Aztec Warrior! :laugh:

This reminds me, has LEGO actually made an Indiana Jones temple situation like this MOC before?

This one comes close, with the boulder and all.

Edited by mediumsnowman

This one

Oh, okay.

So there is no set that's corridor-like with traps. LEGO should get on that with a new (and hopefully gender balanced) Adventurers reboot.

Favorite theme hands down. This MOC is such an excellent revival of it as well. Total nostalgia trip. Great use of combining the old and newer elements together so fluidly. The construction is great and all around it's very nice job. Amazing MOC!

I tried to start a list of what all I liked about this build, and ended up with everything, ha ha. Seriously, though, the foliage, the pools in front of the temple, the interior relief work, all fantastic.

That is fantastic. An excellent build, great details and clever design. Thanks for sharing, I love Adventurers and MOCs are always appreciated. :classic:

This is awesome!

Love the outside and inside of the temple. That waterfall is very clever and the foliage is nicelly spread.

Very good work.

This is a great creation.

My only concern is the hat you gave Thunder. It just doesn't look like ol' Johnny to me.

Excellent thing here!

This looks really nice. :thumbup:

The vegetation looks good and the river is nicely done.

The temple has some nice details and the use of the plastic waterfall is really good.

It is nice to see the action inside the temple. :classic:

A nice upgrade of the boat/ship of Gabbaro. :thumbup:

Unfortunately my dark age started around 1998-99, so i just own a handful of Adventurers Lego. Now looking back to that theme i feel very unlucky that i missed that era. Great build, congrats! :classic: