Bonaparte

Eurobricks Event 2013 - Information Topic

Eurobricks Event 2013

Gunzburg Germany

The Eurobricks Event 2013 team consists of Copmike, Holodoc and Bonaparte.

1/ Where, when:

For the 9th event we go to Gunzburg, Southern Germany.

The event is Thursday 6th, Friday 7th and Saturday 8th of June 2013, so most of us will arrive on Wednesday late afternoon and go travel back on Sunday morning.

2/ Accommodation:

We will stay at a very nice place with a variaty of apartments called Kirchenbauerhof located 3 km from LEGOLand Gunzburg near the famous river Donau. The place has a lot of history and it was originally a farm.

ueber_uns_02.gif

Prices and overview of the rooms:

Holiday flat 1+3
: max. 5 people (seperated twin bed, 2 single beds, 1 day bed), 65m², 70€ per night

Holiday flat 2
: max. 4 people (seperated twin bed, 2 single beds), 60m², 65€

Appartments (1-6)
: max. 4 people (twin bed, day bed), 45m², 60€

all of them include kitchen, coffee machine and bathroom. Breakfast on request (6€ pp)

8 family rooms (5-8, 11-14)
: max. 4 people (twin bed, day bed), 25m² 75€

Family room 9
: max. 4 people (twin bed, daybed), 17m², 75€

Family room 4
: 3 people (twin bed, single bed), 16m², 70€- neither of the family rooms has a kitchen, but breakfast is
inclusive
:sweet:

Twin room 10
: already "booked" by Cecilie, 16m², 63€

Single rooms:
on request, 43€

Mostly the price will be around 21€ including breakfast per person per night if you are happy to share an apartment so it's completely full. Not bad at all if you ask me! :classic:

All in all ca. 70 people can have a place to sleep, but in order to make sure other non-Eurobricks folks don't take the rooms you better decide soonish. We have a number of rooms pre-booked (the ones marked in red) till mid-January for Eurobricks!

Booking:

We'll offer 2 options:

1) Book and pay the 'room responsibles' in advance until mid January. Bonaparte, Copmike and Holodoc will be the 'room responsibles' for the firsts 3 group apartments, so you pay to them and they pay the entire room to the Kirchenbauerhof. You can be a responsible for another room than the 3 mentionened (in case you want a room just for yourself, family or friends). Holodoc will be the single interface to the Kirchenbauerhof. If you want to book, just post in the sign-up topic. We'll provide you the instructions for doing the payment.

2) After mid January you have to take care of the accommodation yourself. We only have a number or rooms pre-reservered at the Kirchenbauerhof for the EB event until this time. There might still be free rooms at the Kirchenbauerhof after mid January but we can't guarantee it. But of course we still can provide help if needed.

Address and Contact:

Gästehaus Kirchenbauerhof

Georg Linder jun.

Leipheimerstr. 7

D- 89347 Bubesheim

3/ Sign-up for the event:

Go here to sign-up for the event.

5/ Program:

The program will be confirmed later, but this is what we have in mind:

Thursday: LEGOLand + Eurobricks activities

Friday: City tour of Munich. Detailed program is here.

Saturday: LEGOLand + Eurobricks activities

Eurobricks activities can range from contests, EB related stuff, ... to Bowling. This will all be detailed later.

As always, expect the unexpected :sweet:

You can use this topic for asking any questions or discussing the event.

Some pictures of Munich:

800px-20060416-Blick_vom_Monopteros.jpg

800px-Frauenkirche_Munich_-_View_from_Peterskirche_Tower2.jpg

800px-Glyptothek_Munich.jpg

800px-Image-Schloss_Nymphenburg_Munich_CC_edit3.jpg

Maximilianeum.jpg

8+munich711crop.jpg

The LEGO Brand store in Munich:

picC89C4C9CFA027A23C6EF67E992902C51.jpg

picA75F0AD47E44A57855DF86A17E23057C.jpg

LEGOLand Gunzburg:

legoland.jpg

g2_1242989302-468x319.jpg

9492438.jpg

The Kirchenbauerhof:

ueber_uns_01.gif

fruehstuecksraums_02.jpg

fruehstuecksraums_03.jpg

bierstube_03.jpg

Hmm sounds great to see the German LEGOLAND for the first time and to meet international AFOLs from Eurobricks! :classic: I am still not sure though as I am not too much into mocing right now. Do you think the programm is entertaining for me anyway?

Yes, I think so because a EB event is not like other events where MOCs are put on display. It more about having fun and hanging out with other AFOLs.

Seconded there. We have a bit of a play around with bricks and purchased sets but it is mostly social, great fun and good company. :classic:

By the way Boney, this one looks really nice! I have been looking forward to this event (Good beer, nice surroundings!) visiting Munich is on my list of things I really want to do (not really old enough for a bucket list, lol).

By the way Boney, this one looks really nice! I have been looking forward to this event (Good beer, nice surroundings!) visiting Munich is on my list of things I really want to do (not really old enough for a bucket list, lol).

Thanks!

I'm also pretty excited about Munich. I have a book about the 1000 most interesting buildings to visit in the world and 3 of them are in Munich. One of those is the Hofbrauhaus, a very old 'beerhouse' that was frequented by royalty, Mozart, Empress Elizabeth (Sisi), Lenin, and also Hitler how gave here his first 'speech'.

Here's a picture:

hofbrauhausInterior1.jpg

And the food is good! :classic: I tend to eat in our dependance of the Hofbräuhaus (here in Bremen) nearly every week :grin:

Ya, the Hofbrauhaus is a great place to go too. Just that it can be noisy so Lego-talk has to be conducted at high volume! :laugh:

The Alte Rathaus and, for football fans, Allianz Arena are must-goes!

Sadly I cannot go for this event as I have penned in a UK/France trip in February.

Hope you guys have fun!

I'm in! :grin:

... who would have thought.

The program is really good looking so far and we are more than half a year away from it!

Prepare to visit .... mmh... am I allowed to talk about the secret place? :devil:

So come and join the fun!

Thanks for posting this - I hope that I am able to attend. I was meant to go to the Isle of Arran for a geology fieldtrip for that week, but it was moved due to a booking problem. I'll see what I can do to attend this year. :classic:

Ouch, that's the week before Brickworld.

I would like to join, but I have to see if I can arrange it (travel and vacation days).

Well I was planning on going to Brickworld and the event. I assume you're going to Brickworld as well? And about travel. I have an empty seat, so you're always welcome to come along!

Well I was planning on going to Brickworld and the event. I assume you're going to Brickworld as well? And about travel. I have an empty seat, so you're always welcome to come along!

Yes, I am going to Brickworld again, just like a number of the other members. Which makes me wonder if we shouldn't travel together to Chicago from Munich. :grin:

I will be happy to take up your offer for a ride to Guenzburg.

I would like to come as well, It's about 90% certain I have the possibility, the only problem I have right now is travel.

I would like to come as well, It's about 90% certain I have the possibility, the only problem I have right now is travel.

Ecclesiastes is also coming from The Netherlands by car. Maybe he still has another free seat :wink:

Ecclesiastes is also coming from The Netherlands by car. Maybe he still has another free seat :wink:

Well, I am not bringing a suitcase (or two) with Lego, so maybe he has room left... :grin:

Bonaparte,

You need to amend your introduction post, by the time the event takes place Munich will have the luxury of having not one but two LEGO brand stores! One at the Riem-Arcaden and the other at Pasing-Arcaden due to open in December.

So you need to detail the program which one to take! :classic:

This is great news!

You need to amend your introduction post, by the time the event takes place Munich will have the luxury of having not one but two LEGO brand stores! One at the Riem-Arcaden and the other at Pasing-Arcaden due to open in December.

Bonaparte,

So you need to detail the program which one to take! :classic:

Yes, I've read somewhere some time ago there was going to be a 2nd brand store in Munich. Maybe we should just visit them both :laugh:

There'll be more details on the Munich day once I had a change to talk with some people, soon :sweet:

Maybe we should just visit them both :laugh:

:thumbup:

Make it a little contest for the stores. We choose which one was better, nicer etc. (had better give-aways for such a unique convention :laugh: ). Competition between Store Managers!!! (Or are both run by the same? Then at least between the staff.)