Sign in to follow this  
Lyichir

Wairuha: Great Uniter of Wisdom

26840746246_6b2d5990fd_c.jpg

"When Kopaka, Gali, and Lewa unite their powers and forms, they become the mighty Wairuha! With the strength and wisdom of three Toa, Wairuha is ready to protect Okoto from whatever threats it may face!"

After building my own Toa Kaita Wairuha with the 2015 Toa last year, I was eager to give it another crack with the 2016 versions. Surprisingly, this year's Wairuha turned out even better, even considering difficult-to-use parts like the new torso armor! Of course, I doubt Akamai will work out nearly as well... but then, he didn't last year, either.

This model uses only the parts from the three component Toa (not including their respective creatures). I'd love to try and build a Creature Kaita to go with this, but so far the even more limited parts selection has made that challenging.

Pose 2

Pose 3

Front View

Back View

Weapons

EDIT: Finished "Creature Kaita"!

26845420831_2f3ab91f84_z.jpg26845421071_670f043364_z.jpg

"Uxar, Akida, and Melum combine their forms and powers to form Haikara, the Great Creature of Wisdom! With the strength and wisdom of three elemental creatures, Haikara is ready to assist Wairuha in the battle against evil!"

I finally succeeded at creating a "Creature Kaita" to go with Wairuha! This model not only manages to make good use of the parts from the three creatures, but also packs in some impressive functionality and augments Wairuha well when united.

Back View

United, Back View

EDIT 2: Instructions for Wairuha are complete! Instructions for Haikara are coming soon!

EDIT 3: Instructions for Haikara are finished as well!

Edited by Lyichir

Great job making this, and nice parts use for the chest pieces! But shouldn't it be called "Wairuha Nuva"?

Well, the Toa who make it up aren't really called Toa Nuva, so I figured it wouldn't suit this figure's name either. "Wairuha: Great Uniter of Wisdom" has the same sort of instant readability as the actual set names, while also being a pretty impressive-sounding title. But Wairuha Nuva was definitely a bit of an inspiration (and a good post-hoc justification for increasing the figure's bulk moreso than its height).

EDIT: I finished a "Creature Kaita" and have added pictures, links, and descriptions to the first post!

Edited by Lyichir