Sign in to follow this  
Master_Data

Production Error?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I noticed recently that all of my light green (correct me on the color name) Metru eye pieces had an extra bit of plastic on one side:

26250512433_530787bf95.jpg

A little hard to see from this picture, but you can see that the red eyes have the normal indentation while the green ones just have a glob of plastic on that side. This is just a sample from my collection - they all look this way. Is this a production error? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I'm having a really hard time seeing much definition in that picture. But I'll check my Metru eye colors when I get home.

Yeah, I noticed that after I had taken the pictures. Horrible detailing seems to be like that on all parts of that color in any pictures I've taken.

The issue's most likely that of different molds: looking at Technic Beams, one can see the slight protrusion of plastic. This might be a method of securing the part more, or just some strange production error on many Technic connectors.

I know what you are talking about, I didn't remember if it was specific to lime green for me, but there always was a little glob of plastic off to one side, didn't bother me since the piece still fit, but that is a funny tidbit, it reminds me of every komau mask I got, each one had a very, very, VERY small little spot on the nose, almost impossible to see unless you look for it, but my copper one from the UK didn't have it, I found that quite hilarious, and I guess a good way to tell if the one I had was from the US or UK lol