DuckBricks

Constraction Telephone Game

Hey all,

I was browsing Flickr recently and noticed something interesting - a user named Victor held a Constraction Telephone Game on a French Bionicle site. Here's the results: https://flic.kr/p/zceNbS.Seeing the number of MOCs posted on Eurobricks every day, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something like this. I'll be changing up the rules a bit, so I'll try to describe how this works and then post a sample interaction.

The starting person will make a MOC and then do his or her best to post a detailed description of the MOC in this topic. He/she will also PM a picture of the MOC to me so I can use it in the ending overview. The next person to reply will have one week to attempt to replicate the MOC described by the first person. If he doesn't post a MOC description by the end of the week, he forfeits his turn. We can continue this after 8 people have posted or a month has gone by. Here's a sample interaction:

Person A: MOC PM'ed to LegoZebra. Description: A large, green, dinosaur like creature with yellow wings.

Person B: making this one.

Person B: MOC PM'ed to LegoZebra. Description: Large Green Rahi with large feet and claws with wings.

Person C: making this one.

And so on.

A tip is to not make your descriptions way too detailed, as it will be fun to see the evolution of the MOCs at the end.

Anyone interested? Seems like a fun concept to me...

Thanks for playing!

Week 1: Draiknova - "A red, six-legged rahi with a large mouth."

Description submitted 13 Mar

Image submitted 13 Mar

Week 2: Hadidi1999 - "With wings, four arms, and a Mermaid tail, You can rule the sky and the sea."

Description submitted 20 Mar

Image not submitted yet.

Week 3: Warhead - "a brightly colored insectoid with many tiny legs and pincer claws"

Description submitted 27 Mar

Image submitted 27 Mar

Week 4: LegoZebra (me) - "A neon green, snakelike Rahi with a dragon-like head and spiked protruding from its body. Two pairs of skeletal wings protrude from its body."

Description submitted 10 Apr

Image submitted 10 Apr

Week 5: avatarbrickman - "A yellow, ten-legged creature"

Description submitted 19 Apr

Image Submitted 26 May

Week 6: Junior Shark- "A golden figure riding an overgrown brown and black arachnid/crab/rahi"

Description submitted 29 Apr

Image not submitted yet

Week 7: TechnoVirus- "A woodlouse like creature with brown, tan and dark grey Color scheme"

Description and Image submitted 6 May

Week 8: Anthony12901 - "A rahi with neon green eyes and sharp teeth. One half is mutated with black, gunmetal, and trans purple. The other is azure blue, trans dark blue, and silver"

Description and Image submitted late May 17

Week 9: LegoZebra finishes the game - ""

Description and Image submitted May 25

More weeks to come if there are more entrants!

Edited by legozebra

This seems interesting. I'll probably only have time to make something once this week is over, though, but I'm definitely interested in participating.

Hmm, Well my turn will take a while so I would need time.... But count me in, I will think it over, and see how it develops, maybe then decide. We could add our own personal touches right. Who doesn't like putting a rainbow unicorn horn on everything. :tongue:

Je vois les règles relatives à la page sont en français.<google translate not me. Anyway, The flicker link has the period as part of it so you have to copy the link and paste it, then delete the period and then press enter.

I'm the guy who launched the Constraction Telephone Game, actually. I'm glad it generated some interest among other fans. :grin: The idea comes from the Starfighter Telephone Game, but our rules were a tad different, I think. People registered for a given week, and a MOC was posted each week. I've posted the first MOC, the next player had one week to build a MOC inspired by mine, the third player had to build a MOC inspired by the second one, and so on. I've built the first MOC and the last MOC, and they're quite different, to say the least :

20053314535_caa3660574_n.jpg 21754725210_069ace3136_n.jpg

Hmm, Well my turn will take a while so I would need time.... But count me in, I will think it over, and see how it develops, maybe then decide. We could add our own personal touches right. Who doesn't like putting a rainbow unicorn horn on everything. :tongue:

Je vois les règles relatives à la page sont en français.<google translate not me. Anyway, The flicker link has the period as part of it so you have to copy the link and paste it, then delete the period and then press enter.

This seems interesting. I'll probably only have time to make something once this week is over, though, but I'm definitely interested in participating.

Glad to see you're interested! DraikNova, since you seem to be able to build something by the end of the week, do you want to start it and PM me a link to your MOC photo when you're done? Then you could post a description on his topic and someone else (maybe Hadidi1999) can make a MOC based on it?

Thanks for participating!

I'm the guy who launched the Constraction Telephone Game, actually. I'm glad it generated some interest among other fans. :grin: The idea comes from the Starfighter Telephone Game, but our rules were a tad different, I think. People registered for a given week, and a MOC was posted each week. I've posted the first MOC, the next player had one week to build a MOC inspired by mine, the third player had to build a MOC inspired by the second one, and so on. I've built the first MOC and the last MOC, and they're quite different, to say the least

Ah! Knew it was you. Would you be interested in participating again?

Well, I sure am interested, I thought you would have less than a week, but now I see that each one will have a week. And that is great. :thumbup:

Ooh, i'd be up for this! Sounds like a fun and interesting idea. Would there be restrictions on the partscount or part type used?

Ooh, i'd be up for this! Sounds like a fun and interesting idea. Would there be restrictions on the partscount or part type used?

No restrictions other than no clone brands! :) (even non-purist Lego parts like removed decals is ok).

Glad you're in. I'll put you down for week 3 then!

Edited by legozebra

And if someone is finished before the end of the week, I suppose that wouldn't be a problem. We just continue right?

And if someone is finished before the end of the week, I suppose that wouldn't be a problem. We just continue right?

Yup!

Now we shall wait till the weekend for DraikNova's MOC description. Remember DraikNova - do NOT post the MOC image here, just a description. PM me the MOC image and when we are all done I'll release the full graphic.

Have fun everyone!

(Oh, and signups are still open for the later weeks)

Would you be interested in participating again?

Not right now, but maybe in the future. I still have a few weeks to decide. :sweet:

Ok, here's the description:

A red, six-legged rahi with a large mouth.

Sounds fun! Thanks for the great starter.

Sorry for being kind of late. But here is the description:

With wings, four arms, and a Mermaid tail, You can rule the sky and the sea.

I lacked red, and proper pieces to build a head or a mouth. I don't really have any of the older generation of bionicle parts.

Edited by hadidi1999

LDD is always useful if you feel you lack sufficient parts. Either way, I think that whatever comes out of that description will be amazing.

LDD is always useful if you feel you lack sufficient parts. Either way, I think that whatever comes out of that description will be amazing.

True, especially now that it has been updated. Thank you for making me feel good about my description. :classic:

Hmm, that's a sorta tough one but I'll whip something up during the weekend, got a couple of ideas already!

Hmm, that's a sorta tough one but I'll whip something up during the weekend, got a couple of ideas already!

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Huge fan of your expressive MOCs. Have fun and good luck!

Ok, what the next person has to go off is - a brightly colored insectoid with many tiny legs and pincer claws. Good luck!

Edited by WARHEAD

Is this still going?

Yes - we are just waiting for more entrants seeing as only three people other than me have signed up... Would you like to join?