TheBrickPal

Mixels 2016 Discussion

We're headin' to Mixopolis, folks!

2016-LEGO-Mixels-Series-6-Set-Images-41554-41555-41556-41557-41558-41559-41560-41561-41562.jpg

SERIES 7

MCPD

41554 Kuffs

41555 Busto

41556 Tiketz

Medivals

41557 Camillot

41558 Mixadel

41559 Paladum

Mixies

41560 Jamzy

41561 Tapsy

41562 Trumpsy

SERIES 8

MCFD

41563 Splasho

41564 Aquad

41565 Hydro

Pyrratz

41566 Sharx

41567 Skulzy

41568 Lewt

Medix

41569 Surgeo

41570 Skrubz

41571 Tuth

SERIES 9

Trashoz

41572 Gobbol

41573 Sweepz

41574 Compax

Nindjas

41575 Cobrax

41576 Spinza

41577 Mysto

Newzers

41578 Screeno

41579 Camsta

41580 Myke

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Hmm. They seem a bit weird even for Mixels. Not entirely convinced that I'll like this wave much, but thanks for sharing. Maybe the rest will be better.

Haha, I love Camillot. Thanks for sharing, Puffle Pal26. :wink:

Wasn't too sure on the yellow guy until I realized he was a guitar.

Still, not sure about this wave. They seem to be bit... Cobbled together. Not as neat and tidy as previous releases.

Well looks like we finally get the Misical Muxels. Although I wish they were another color instead of yellow. We already have the Electroids, Lixers and Weldos. At least were getting 3 new tribes again and not more of a past tribe.

The knight Mixel looks good. But it has a similar color scheme to the Klinkers and it appears we finally get a 1x2 plate with just a ball joint.

The cop Mixel is probably the most unique of the 3.

That Nixel almost looks like he'd be a good Nixel. That or he'd fit better with the Misicul Mixels since his expression looks to be starstruck.

I await to see the other 6 Mixels in this series.

I do hope Series 8 and 9 will have new colors for Mixels. We still don't have any pink Mixels yet.

Edited by Takanuinuva

Thanks for sharing. I don't know if I like these new series. I have to see the rest to be convinced (or not...).

And I agree with Takanuinuva, we need new colours.

Kuffs has police hats for eyelids--that's fantastic!

Yeah, I picked up on that too.

But man, if they were the blue printed ones though, I think I would have gone crazy…….. but seriously, that would have been cool. :grin:

Man, these guys look great. Looks like Kamzo and Krader have a new member to their one-oversized-arm-and-one-tiny-arm family. Jamzy is all over the place, but a guitar Mixel is awesome. Not sure what to say about Camillot but his face is cool. Now I just need to see the other knight Mixels; I know one has a sword and maybe a shield.

Edited by Boogly22238

Maybe it's just because I'm a Castle fan, but I adore Camillot! I wonder if his nose is meant to double as a cannon?

I've only used past Mixels for their pieces, but I'm looking forward to this line as actual sets. I love the idea of little sentient castles. :wub:

Same here Walter! Castle-max will probably be my desk-buddy for ever! :D

Must agree that yellow isa bad colorsheme for Music-themed guys. I would loved crazy Black and Pink colorsheme used in new Friends!

I think they will never make pure-pink Mixels because they would be "too Girly". And boys would never buy them...

Personaly I would love them! As well Plant/vegetable/swamp themed.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Jamzy is strange. I don't like where they placed the eye. And I agree, yellow as the primary color is bad for musical mixels, it became tiring after Tungsters. Purple as primary and yellows secondary would look better in my opinion. Black too, there isn't a tribe with primary black color, what are they waiting for, they can make great combinations!

I like the music idea, but yellow is overdone after the Electroids, Lixers, and Weldos. The purple doesn't help.

I love Camillot's idea, but I think it's a bit oddly done. Are the brown slopes teeth? I honestly think his head would be better static, since the ball joint ruins the tower look. I do love the eyes in darkness, though, and I'll probably pick him up. Jamzy's meh. The rock guitar look isn't too obvious. Kuffs is also odd. The giant arm is also overdone (Krader, Kamzo, Kuffs-all "K" names, oddly) and what police item is he supposed to represent?

I have hopes for this series, but honestly, the Mixels they chose to highlight aren't that impressive, especially since they show that none of the color schemes are that different. The one good thing: No retreaded tribes!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I realized something with Jamzy's tribe that...actually quelled the hate on his color scheme a bit for me. It's actually one of the same color schemes as one of the original Monsters (Mixels before Cartoon Network came in) prototypes, minus the transparent purple!

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/mixels/images/e/e7/LEGO_Monsters_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141214174041

41554 Kuffs

41555 Busto

41556 Tiketz

41557 Camillot

41558 Mixadel

41559 Paladum

41560 Jamzy

41561 Tapsy

41562 Trumpsy

A drum and a trumpet? Interesting.

Makes sense there are 3 types of instruments. Pipes, Snares and Strings. So each of them should represent one of the 3. My own take on them did the same. But instead of a trumpet I had an organ.

41557 Camillot

41558 Mixadel

41559 Paladum

Thanks for posting this!

Interesting. "Paladum" is probably a play on/combination of paladin and dumb. Or maybe palladium?

But what about Mixadel? I can't think anything castle related in that name.

Edited by Sir Walter Maugham