frogstudio

Bishop Minifig - Medieval Life

Theme Name:

Medieval Life (Castle, and the new faction is…. CIVILIANS!!!!!)

Theme Description:

The line can be considered a subtheme of the Castle line. It consist of a series of civilian sets destinated to populate our Castle world

Entry: - Link to Hi-Res folder of the minifig

My entry is a Bishop minifig. The minifig has several layers, since bishop dresses are comformed in that way. The first one is a vinyl sticker, which has on it the basic garnment, the same that a common prist would use (then take a look at the decal sheet) Then, we have several layers made of cloth, which has been applied an iron-on transfer. The crown was made with sculpy, then painted with acrylics and final it had a sticker applied. The minifig wears a cape with his emblems on it. Usually, bishops were members of important families, so, to their family´s coat of arms were added the religious symbols (in this case, the baculo). The minifig also carries a baculo, which was made with a 4L bar + torch holder + IJ whip.

eb_mcw_contest_entry_bishop_001.jpg

eb_mcw_contest_entry_bishop_002.jpg

eb_mcw_contest_entry_bishop_003.jpg

eb_mcw_contest_entry_bishop_004.jpg

The Decal - Cloth Sheet- Link to Hi-Res image

eb_mcw_contest_entry_bishop_005.jpg

Set List - images of all the sets

Complete line image

eb_mcw_contest_entry_bishop_006.jpg

Impulse Sets:

#8666 – Executioner: 1 minifig of the executioner with axe and sword and basket with chopped heads. Also comes with a head in a pole. $3.49 image of set

#8667 – Rabi: 1 rabi minifig with Tora and stand. $3.49 image of set

#8668 – Farmer: 1 farmer with scythe and small crop to harvest. $3.49 image of set

#8669 – Monk: 1 monk with cape and scribing equipment. $3.49 image of set

Small Sets:

#7100 – Assassin: 1 minifig of a wondering assassin. Comes with a horse with his gear. $9.99 image of set

#7101 – Baker Girl: 1 minifig of a baker girl with his fireplace to cook. $9.99 image of set

#7102 – Shepherd: 1 shepherd minifig with 4 brickforge sheep. $9.99 image of set

#7103 – Farmer & Plough: 1 farmer minifig with his plough, driven by a brickforge ox. $9.99 image of set

Medium Sets:

#7104 – Medieval Jesters: 4 different jester minifigs with musical instruments, food and accessories. $14.99 image of set

#7105 – Fishermen´s Boat: 2 fishermen minifigs. Comes with Sail Boat, net, harpoon, knife and shark. $14.99 image of set

#7106 – Market Stands: 5 minifigs, 3 market stands, medieval barbecue and beer kegs. Comes with lots of small accessories. $ 19.99 image of set

Large Sets:

#7107 – Watermill: 1 minifig. Watermill beside a small cascade and a wheeping willow. Possibility to upgrade the set with Power Functions to make the mill spin. Lots of pieces- $69.99 image of set

#7108 – Windmill: 1 minifig. Windmill over a small mountain. Comes with a cart for goods. Possibility to upgrade the set with Power Functions to make the mill spin. image of set

Flag Set:

#7109 – Bishop´s Cathedral: 5 minifigs (4 monks + 1 bishop, which is the entry) Big building, lots of pieces. $99.99 image of set

Exclusive Set:

#7110 – Fishermen´s Cottage: 2 minifigs, fishermen and maiden. Small House on raised baseplate. Comes with fishing gear, nets and sharks. $69.99 image of set

Hope you like it.... :)

Edited by frogstudio

ok... i am so voting for this... not only do u have a great fig, but you actually made boxes for all your possible sets. incredible work

Many thanks Tin7!!! It took some time, but I finally made it... :)

What a fantastic figure! Truly, I love it, there is such a great attention to detail in it. My favourite part is the hat, you've done an awesome job on that. Wonderful work. :thumbup:

This is indeed one of the top-quality entries of this contest, frogstudio :thumbup:

Things are getting very interesting now. Just few days more, and then the voting :wub:

You can find your entry listed in the Entries Index, btw :wink:

LuxorV

Great entry!

Really nice how you used the different capes on the minifig. :thumbup:

In total this themeline is a great addition the the medieval marketplace and could be produced by TLC in a heartbeat.

I can't wait for the folders to go public to see the sets up close.

And if TLC doesn't do it, I will certainly borrow some of your ideas. Thanks very much.

Wonderfull entry! The figure looks excellent, the sets you've made look very good. When the contest is over, I'll give this a try myself. :classic:

The best Lego bishop I've ever seen, so wonderful job! :cry_happy: And of course the rest of the "Medieval Life" line is very very interesting :wink:

Edited by BlueBard

To much things to say... so one word; awesome !!!

You got my vote.

You made the rabbi headgear your self ??? If so how ???

8667-001.jpg

To much things to say... so one word; awesome !!!

You got my vote.

You made the rabbi headgear your self ??? If so how ???

8667-001.jpg

First of all, I want to thank you all for your kind comments. About the rabbi headgear, it is the upper part of the Brickforge turban. Cheers and once again thanks to all...

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else, this has stolen my vote.

Fantastic all-round stuff, especially on the sets. The landscaping on the watermill is a bit un-TLC, but all the great details make up for that.

Yes, it would be nice to see a reversed 32x32 Egypt baseplate :grin:

I love all the decalling on the bishop, but can't help thinking his staff is a bit curly :laugh:

:wub:

It's almost impossible to see you loose with this awsome entry!

Well, there are 2 categories and a total of 6 prizes (plus the Special Prize), so don't give up hope too soon :wink:

LuxorV

Once again, I want to thank you all for your kind comments.. I can´t wait for the results!!! I´m so anxious!!! Cheers!!! :)

This entry sounds great, but for some reason none of the links are working for me. Is there any chance that you could deeplink the images?

EDIT: I think it is actually something going on with brickshelf at the moment. I will check back tomorrow to see if it is working.

Edited by meschepers

WOW, just WOW.

I Just LOVE not only the Bishop but all the designs. Of all of them, I like the religious figures and Shepard the best. Although I think that this part:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3068bpb90

would look better for the Rabbi's scroll and one or more of these: (with or without printing/stickers)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=33009

would look better for the monks books

WOW, just WOW.

I Just LOVE not only the Bishop but all the designs. Of all of them, I like the religious figures and Shepard the best. Although I think that this part:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3068bpb90

would look better for the Rabbi's scroll and one or more of these: (with or without printing/stickers)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=33009

would look better for the monks books

I completey agree!!! Unfortunatelly I don't have any of those pieces and hadn't time to get then on Bricklink. :)