mytoyshop

Fire Brigade Discontinued?

Is the Fire Brigade discontinued? The ship date is more than a month away and lot of stores do not have this set any more. Should I wait until it is restocked?

Is the Fire Brigade discontinued? The ship date is more than a month away and lot of stores do not have this set any more. Should I wait until it is restocked?

I was told no more stock would be arriving in my local LEGO store. If you see it buy it now, before the prices get ridiculous. I bought a second set last Friday for a project.

Andy D

It's days are running out. Looking back, Market St. ran 1yr 6mo, Cafe Corner @ 2yr 2mo, and the Green Grocer for 2yr and 8mo. In the U.S. at least. The U.K. saw them for an additional month or so. Currently the Fire Brigade has been out for 2 in a half years and two new modulars are out. TLG keep two running at a time default_classic.gif

If you see it, buy it. It's days are numbered. It's gone from LEGO Stores and will become available in the USA at S@H on 1-April. Take advantage of the double VIP points while you can. Before you know it, it'll be "Sold Out", and gone forever.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

It is also absent from this quarters catalog. Get it while you can.

I have to agree with other posters on this thread. Buy it from Shop@Home while you can, even if its currently on

back order. It may not be available for too much longer. It won't take much to change its status from Out of Stock

to SOLD OUT.

I agree. Out of all of the modulars, the brigade is my second favorite. (Beaten only by Town Hall. :wub: ) I'd pick it up if you can.

Brickset indicates that it's last available date is March 5, 2012 in Canada and the US. Still available in the UK. http://brickset.com/...il/?set=10197-1

It is taken off of Brickset when it is out of stock; same goes for all sets that are on back order, even newly released sets. If TLG says it will ship in X amount of days, you still should be good. But still get on that list and keep your fingers crossed! default_classic.gif

Reading this thread just cost me £100!

Mine's now on order.

Edited by gifinim

Reading this thread just cost me £100!

Mine's now on order.

Welcome to the addiction that is Modulars! I'm guessing since you don't own FB that you've avoided the line so far. It's both a blessing and a curse. :laugh:

Welcome to the addiction that is Modulars! I'm guessing since you don't own FB that you've avoided the line so far. It's both a blessing and a curse. :laugh:

Sigh, I keep avoiding buying the Pet Shop as I know it will only be the beginning. I tend to save up for it, but somehow manage to get distracted. Most recently, I came across a bunch of 1/2 priced sets at one particular Walmart and ended up getting a bunch of medium sized sets.

I've always thought the modulars were cool and I finally bought the FB and GE during the last TRU BOGO 1/2 off sale. I have them but I'm too scared to open them. I bought them now because I didn't want to regret not buying them in the future.

Sigh, I keep avoiding buying the Pet Shop as I know it will only be the beginning. I tend to save up for it, but somehow manage to get distracted. Most recently, I came across a bunch of 1/2 priced sets at one particular Walmart and ended up getting a bunch of medium sized sets.

As long as you don't mind the prices of Modulars, then there really isn't a downside to buying these, IMO. Even then, there's only 1 a year. The sets are just fantastic and are a great and long build, you really feel like you got your moneys worth. While theres no variety in faces, it's a nod to LEGOs early days. They're great display items, whether you have any number of them. The Cafe Corner/Market Street was how I found my way back to LEGO. I think they are by far one of the best themes, and my favorite. Just look at a picture of all seven together, brings a tear to your eye. :cry_happy:

As long as you don't mind the prices of Modulars, then there really isn't a downside to buying these, IMO. Even then, there's only 1 a year. The sets are just fantastic and are a great and long build, you really feel like you got your moneys worth. While theres no variety in faces, it's a nod to LEGOs early days. They're great display items, whether you have any number of them. The Cafe Corner/Market Street was how I found my way back to LEGO. I think they are by far one of the best themes, and my favorite. Just look at a picture of all seven together, brings a tear to your eye. :cry_happy:

It's not so much the price as I think it's a great value for the money. I just can never convince the wife that $149 is not too much to spend on a Lego set like this. At one time I had the Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium on order during a TRU BOGO 1/2 off sale, but was shot down by the wife. My original plan was to keep one for myself and give one to my daughter for Christmas.

I simply need to get serious and sell off a bunch of other toys I've collected over the years and use that money to buy at least the Pet Shop for starters. I do find myself thinking about what it would be like to have it and build it. I think about it much more than any other set. :classic:

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I visited my local Lego store yesterday, the worker that I usually chat with urged me to get the Fire Brigade if I was going to pull the trigger on modulars.

Edited by sharky

S@H in the UK still have these available. Just ordered another one, but not for selling on. I'm in the process of doing a MOD on a couple of these, adding more bays than the original one. IMO the Fire Brigade is one of the best modulars. Lets hope they bring out a modular Police Station in the future and maybe up the modulars to 2 a year.

It's not so much the price as I think it's a great value for the money. I just can never convince the wife that $149 is not too much to spend on a Lego set like this. At one time I had the Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium on order during a TRU BOGO 1/2 off sale, but was shot down by the wife. My original plan was to keep one for myself and give one to my daughter for Christmas.

I simply need to get serious and sell off a bunch of other toys I've collected over the years and use that money to buy at least the Pet Shop for starters. I do find myself thinking about what it would be like to have it and build it. I think about it much more than any other set. :classic:

Edit: I forgot to mention that when I visited my local Lego store yesterday, the worker that I usually chat with urged me to get the Fire Brigade if I was going to pull the trigger on modulars.

Sure, $150 is a lot for 'just a toy'. But, anyone who isn't into LEGO(assuming your wife is one), then they don't really understand the awesomeness that is the Modular line. Maybe you would benefit from checking out the buying LEGO in secret thread. :tongue: Its too bad you missed out on that BOGO deal... I really think you should buy them, who knows, maybe the wife will end up liking them. When I had my City displayed, everyone loved looking at them and couldn't believe they were LEGO.

Just pulled the trigger and purchased one over at S@H. I was really trying to save up for the Death Star, but I really don't want to miss this one before it goes OOS. Now I'm hoping that it DOES NOT ship in 30 days so my credit card cutoff has time to roll over.

This will be my very first modular, and my wallet has a really baaaad feeling that this won't be the last.

Question for those who buy frequently at S@H: The double points deal ends today, but since it does not ship today, am I still entitled to the double VIP points when it finally ships? Also, in the fine print for the free shipping over $75, it says that backordered items are excluded from the deal, but I was still charged "free" shipping during checkout. Does S@H automatically correct this in the final bill (say, if the item ships AFTER March 31)?

Edited by pong0814

I just ordered the Town Hall, Pet Shop and Grand Emporium. My plan was to order them get 999vip points put that with the 149 I already had and get the Fire Brigade 55.00 off. However since S@H decided that 499.97 should have a security check its taken longer to process the order. I got impatient and ordered Batman Twoface 6864, Lego truck 3221, 7280 and 7281 road plates and used 100vip points on that order. I did get 219 more points to bring the total up to 1267 so I still plan to get the Fire Brigade just now with 60.00 worth of vip points. I hope my vip points update before the double points ends.

Just pulled the trigger and purchased one over at S@H. I was really trying to save up for the Death Star, but I really don't want to miss this one before it goes OOS. Now I'm hoping that it DOES NOT ship in 30 days so my credit card cutoff has time to roll over.

This will be my very first modular, and my wallet has a really baaaad feeling that this won't be the last.

Question for those who buy frequently at S@H: The double points deal ends today, but since it does not ship today, am I still entitled to the double VIP points when it finally ships? Also, in the fine print for the free shipping over $75, it says that backordered items are excluded from the deal, but I was still charged "free" shipping during checkout. Does S@H automatically correct this in the final bill (say, if the item ships AFTER March 31)?

The VIP points are credited for your purchase, but only once the item ships. The offer still qualifies at the time it ships though, so even though Double VIP ends today, if your order ships in 30 days, you will still get the Double VIP when it ships.

Also, they do still give free shipping, even on backordered stock (at least that's what I've gotten). I think that text might be in their terms as an "out".

Locutis

I just ordered the Town Hall, Pet Shop and Grand Emporium. My plan was to order them get 999vip points put that with the 149 I already had and get the Fire Brigade 55.00 off. However since S@H decided that 499.97 should have a security check its taken longer to process the order. I got impatient and ordered Batman Twoface 6864, Lego truck 3221, 7280 and 7281 road plates and used 100vip points on that order. I did get 219 more points to bring the total up to 1267 so I still plan to get the Fire Brigade just now with 60.00 worth of vip points. I hope my vip points update before the double points ends.

Are you sure Lego did the security check at $500, or was it your credit card company?

I've placed a $4000 Lego S@H order before, and did not have any problems (except the credit card company calling to ensure I really was ordering $4000 worth of Lego).

It may have been your credit card company's fault.

PS: I ordered yet another of these wonderful sets. I will now have 4, plus my son has 1. YAY!

Locutis

Are you sure Lego did the security check at $500, or was it your credit card company?

I've placed a $4000 Lego S@H order before, and did not have any problems (except the credit card company calling to ensure I really was ordering $4000 worth of Lego).

It may have been your credit card company's fault.

PS: I ordered yet another of these wonderful sets. I will now have 4, plus my son has 1. YAY!

Locutis

I placed the order right when the free shipping went live 12am Monday. The order status was customer service and I called late Monday afternoon and was told that it might be a security check and Lego would call if they needed anything. They said that it could have been because the value or the different billing/shipping address (billing is home address, shipping is my business since no one is home) But that it should be fine after 24 hours, so I waited. I called Tuesday afternoon since it had been over 24 hours and just had to confirm billing address, shipping address, and last 4 digits of credit card. I don't think its the credit card, I have never had an issue with it and I have made larger purchases at one time. I also never received a call from my credit card company either. I think it was just a hold up at Lego's end. Its all processed now and shipped.

I am not complaining. I actually have nothing but good dealings with lego customer service. Everytime I have called to order over the phone or have a questions its been easy to deal with. I had a few issues finally getting my vip card number but that was worked out after a phone call.

It just took longer than I was hoping. I planed to buy that Monday then after the vip showed up buy the Fire Brigade and still get double points on it. Not that big a deal, I think I am going to have enough lego to last me a few weeks :wacko:

I am just newly back into lego's...the last set I bought was the starwars pod racer for the phantom menace. I just started back late January. Its a bad addiction :cry_sad: but fun at the same time.

Edited by h-7

So...did you order the Modulars or cancelled that and ordered the other stuff? If you ordered the other stuff, you made a grave mistake. Ok...maybe not grave :tongue: but you really should've stuck with the Modulars. Although building 4 Modulars would keep you busy for a while, and end in some hurt fingers. The end result is well worth it.

The order status was customer service and I called late Monday afternoon and was told that it might be a security check and Lego would call if they needed anything.

I had the same thing happen on a $302 dollar order I placed late Monday. I called in Tuesday night after 8pm after seeing the order still in "customer service" to see if there was a problem with the payment. They said there was no problem. That orders at a certain amount are reviewed. Fast forward to now, and my order should be arrive tomorrow default_classic.gif

Edited by Lego Guy Bri