bartjuh

Tower embassy

The residents of Mitgarida builded their embassy deep within the forests of Avalonia. It has taken them six weeks to build the colossal tower. Sir Whisper and his wife are delighted of welcoming the first Mitgardian citizen. The citizen was on the run for two soldiers of Avalonia. But within the walls of the embassy, he can feel safe. There he will be protected by the soldiers of Mitgardia!

This is my first medieval MOC and I am very pleased that it's a contribution to Mitgardia :classic: .

img1470331390.jpeg

img1470331395.jpeg

img1470331397.jpeg

img1470331400.jpeg

img1470331407.jpeg

img1470331411.jpeg

img1470331418.jpeg

The inside of the tower can be removed from the tower.

img1470331425.jpeg

The inside of the tower, with the spiral staircase, and the fireplace.

This is my first medieval MOC and I am very pleased that it's a contribution to Mitgardia :classic:

I'm pleased too, having you on our side wich such an embassy. You've managed to put our colours in the towers in a great way. And the black rooftop is also a nice touch!

Nice use of Mitgardian colours in the tower!

Also, I like the playability by removing easily the rooftop, so great job!

How did this beauty slip by? I know I've been on a bit of a commenting spree but there's so many awesome builds coming in, only 2 comments. Anyways this is a great build, loving the integration of the Mitgardian colours into the tower, the little story is nice too. Good job on that spiral staircase aswell :thumbup:

Nice design here. I like the colors pattern on the tower and the layout of the gate area. The layout outside with the trees and path look really nice; not barren but also not too cluttered.

:classic:

I love the use of the Mitgardian colors! It works very well with the round tower design. I like the landscaping on this, and the fence along the outside. I too am surprised their aren't more comments on this. Nice job!

At first when I saw this tower, I thought it was a bit too colourful, but it's really growing on me. The detailing around the tower entrance is particularly lovely. I am not sure how much ambassadorial business can be done here though, it's quite militaristic!

:classic:

This is a very striking embassy bartjuh, although i agree with robuko that it seems more like a millitary watchtower than an embassy. I do like the way that you have intergrated the portico and windows into the tower, and the curved courtyard is quite neat too. :thumbup: It's great that you adressed the access issues within the tower with your staircases, but perhaps in this instance less might have been more - showing an interior highlights just how little room you have to work with, whereas it looks deceptively large seen from the outside.

First, thanks for all compliments!

@ Robuko & Gabe; I agree, it would also have been a great MOC for the watchtower competition. But I signed up to late to participate in that competition. The inhabitants of Mitgardia should feel safe (in times of war) inside their embassy, so a little defence isn't so bad.

For this build I wanted to do something with curved walls, initially I wanted to build an oval building. The original design also included the Mitgardian colors in the building. I thought it would be something different then flags. I ordered some bricks but they weren't delivered in time, so I had to change the design.

I'd never build a round building before, so I wanted to try that once. I struggled to match the studs of the tower with the baseplate. Now, the tower is only connected to the baseplate at three points.

I liked the spiral staircase but it takes almost all the space of the lower floor. But here I have some pictures of the fireplace during construction. I can't take the pictures now because the camera doesn't fit inside the tower.

img1471811714.jpeg

img1471811719.jpeg

Wow! I am surprised that there are so few replies to this thread. This is a great MOC and just too insanely stunning to be your first medieval one. I mean, wow! I don't know though if the Avalonian government would be too pleased if you are harbouring criminals in your embassy whom their guards are trying to arrest. You may ship your embassy out of their before too long. :laugh:

Great scene though and again fantastic tower!