I have been lucky twice with lego :

The first was when i was about 8 and i was walking with my dad past this charity shop by my house. When i look in i was astonnished to find a huge box with what i would later find out to be :

6376 breezway cafe

6666 ambulance (best ambulance ever)

6552 rocky river retreat

6398 central precinct HQ

6472 gas n' wash express (the one that the new garage comming out is based on)

6595 surf shack

6670 rescue rig

6593 blaze battler

6353 coastal cutter

6658 bulldozer

and many more including some big truck with a space shuttle on it! and baseplates, cars, trees, and a load of figs!

these sets created the best city ever made and all my friends were sooooo gelous! :-D

and all for

The other day I walked by Target to find the last3 of last years Mecha sets on clearance for $3.70USD (normal price $15USD), got a Stealth Hunter, Thunder Fury, Fire Vulture; thats cheaper than the mini-Mecha sets!

once found a Technic Forklift 8416 on clearance at TRU for 15$USD!! (normal 70$)

Got Motion Power on a wierd clearance sale at Target for 15$ (WHY?? did they put it on clearance? the set is still being produced and you can find it everwhere full price still?? wasnt anything wrong with it either)

Uhh, letsee...

I was able to order from legoeducation.com discontinued sets of Ocean Oddysey(for $10 cheaper than normal) and Hot Buster (a Racer from 2003, i guess they still have tons of them in stock cause what kid would think to buy Racers at an education store? lol :-D )

Shine Posted Today, 07:49 PM

- this about a year after it was supposed to be gone

- this for fifty cents at Goodwill

Goodwill, For The Win.

They have something good every year, guaranteed.

batman.jpg

Yes, UCS Batmobile. $10. Hot damn lol.

The best run was back in 2001, before I had gotten into Lego or bought my first Bionicle set.

Walking through Toys R Us, I knew that seeing the Steven Spielberg digicam movie studio sets at Goodwill for less than $30 was a good deal. I bought 2. (And one had been jam-packed with a bunch of smaller studios sets!).

Then, a train set.

Then 2 Millenium Falcons.

Then a giant Darth Vader Tie Fighter.

NONe of them were over $35... some were $15!

Before I knew it, there was a huge pile of Lego before me. All in the time frame of about 4 weekly visits to Goodwill. X-D

Actually, this should probably be in marketplace... moving.

so has anybody else had luck like this???

please tell me.

Yep, got a cheap 7044 once.

And basically every sale in the US is double savings for me. I got the UCS Batmobile at a TRU on sale for $49 (regular $69) compared to EUR 95(!) here.

In a small toyshop in a small town somewhere in the Austrian countryside I found a few rare sets, too, once. Among them tracks from the old 4.5V/12V train system, and a 10022 Santa Fe car. They weren't on sale but they were there (10022 has been gone for quite some time).

my second piece of luck was when :

they had this box in a toy shop in this shopping center called the bull ring in burmingham, and it must have used to have been a competition because on the box it said "how many clones can you make in a minute" i asked a woman if i may be able to buy affew and she gave me about 3 for free! i was so astonished i raided the box and came out of the shop with my pockets fall of ep 2 clone troopers!

A 10001 Metroliner for a fiver in a Charity Shop. I think only two pieces were missing, and they were pieces most people would have already

For me it was probably winning my first Yellow Castle off ebay awhile ago. It went for about $130, which isn't bad at all for the set. It said they didn't know how complete it was, so naturally I prepared for the worst.

Not only did I get the box in great condition, and instructions in mint condition, and all the minifigs it was supposed to come with...but there were about 2 or 3 extra knights (an extra grey helm and an extra black helm IIRC). Also a bunch of accessories (swords, lances, etc) X-D

When I was working for Lego company in a store in my town there was a personal buy day with 50% off each set, so I got myself the 10030 Star destroyer for 185 Euro instead of 370 Euro :)

then some good ebay finds:

6958 MISB for 14,50 Euro

6781 MISB for 16 Euro ^^

6348 MISB for 12 Euro o0

4513 MISB for 20 Euro in a local toy shop on discount

1772 MISB for 17 Euro HARHAR :)

All those over the last 2 years, ebay is a goldmine, you just have to dig deep enough ;)

I have terrible luck in this sorts.

But I did manage to get Bounty Boat (Pirate Set) for only .99 cents and low low shipping on ebay :-) .

I just remembered my best deal was not the AT-AT's but 2 brand new UCS X-wing's from amazon for £40 each! £80 off RRP!!

Well lets see, my best find would have to be the 3/4 full Rubbermaid tub(64 quart) of LEGO that I got at the Flea Market for $20.00 US. Lots of Star Wars stuff, Yoda, Darth Maul, etc. No concrete sets, but then again I was not going to complain about it, I ended up with 60+ minifigs, just about 10,000 pieces, and some instruction manuals. I *wub* that find. X-D

I got great things at Target too.

The new LEGO Construction Crane for $25 *wub*

The current Soccer Stadium for $13 *y*

Turbo Tank for $75 :-P

Current Minifig Star Destroyer for $90 |-/

Oh and at the LEGO store I picked up the Train Level Crossing 10128 for $25 a while back. :-D

Cheers!

DB

I found my Technic Air Tech claw Rig :

8868---Air-Tech-Claw-Rig.jpg

on a flea market , NEW mint in box, for 2.5

Well i havn't been that lucky so im asking a question :does anyone know of any good places to get good deals on lego in Kent England? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *y* *y* *y*

Well i havn't been that lucky so im asking a question :does anyone know of any good places to get good deals on lego in Kent England? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *y* *y* *y*

You should look under the thread, titled, The LEGO Database, under Buy, Sell, Trade, and Finds section. I hope that helps.

DB

You should look under the thread, titled, The LEGO Database, under Buy, Sell, Trade, and Finds section. I hope that helps.

DB

Sorry but i don't know what you meen