Sign in to follow this  
casewindu

how do you make a poll?

just wondering because i dont see a button to submit post do the moderators put it on or what?

I know that not all categories of members can create a poll !!

I will leave the answer to the board technicians ;-) In the meantime I shalll move thgis to the appropriate forum !!

*yoda*

I think that you need to be a knight (you need to reach 500 post first) then you should be able to make polls. (but a Admin or MOD should be able to tell you, if I'm wrong)

I think that you need to be a knight (you need to reach 500 post first) then you should be able to make polls. (but a Admin or MOD should be able to tell you, if I'm wrong)

No, you only need to be a citizen (100 posts) at least that's what I read months ago... Perhaps it has changed.

Can mods make/change a poll when the thread is already created? If so, how?

Mr Tiber

No, you only need to be a citizen (100 posts) at least that's what I read months ago... Perhaps it has changed.

Mr Tiber

Well I don't know if mods can make a poll in a pre-existing thread, but to edit a poll that already is around it's as simple as editing the first post in the poll thread

Of course you can.

When you reach the rank of Citizen you can make polls:

Above the message editor there's a link "Click here to manage this topic's poll". Pretty ambiguous, huh...

Mr Tiber

Well I might as well start saving my posts |-/

Of course you can.

When you reach the rank of Citizen you can make polls:

Above the message editor there's a link "Click here to manage this topic's poll". Pretty ambiguous, huh...

Aha, but can moderators create polls in already created topics??

Mr Tiber

Aha, but can moderators create polls in already created topics??

Supermods and Admins can, and only as long as the poll wasn't deleted in the first post. That option is available once a poll has been created. If you delete the poll it's in irreversible.

If you want to add a poll in an existing thread and the "Click here to manage this topic's poll" link isn't available there's a workaround:

Create a new topic with a poll. Then merge the other topic where you couldn't create a poll into that topic. The poll will stay and the posts from the other thread will be first in order.

Supermods and Admins can, and only as long as the poll wasn't deleted in the first post. That option is available once a poll has been created. If you delete the poll it's in irreversible.

If you want to add a poll in an existing thread and the "Click here to manage this topic's poll" link isn't available there's a workaround:

Create a new topic with a poll. Then merge the other topic where you couldn't create a poll into that topic. The poll will stay and the posts from the other thread will be first in order.

I imagined something easier... But I understand... What's a Supermod??

I imagined something easier... But I understand...

If the "manage poll" link is available it's as easy as clicking on it ;-)

What's a Supermod??

Someone with moderating privileges on the entire board. Basically what the Global Mods are.

The ability to make polls has now been adjusted so that only people in the Knights group or higher can make them.

Might I ask why? Surely, there were more polls created lately, but not at a level at which it got annoying (not to me, anyway).

Might I ask why? Surely, there were more polls created lately, but not at a level at which it got annoying (not to me, anyway).

As weve had nothing but useless polls created lately the decision was made to restrict who can make them.

As weve had nothing but useless polls created lately the decision was made to restrict who can make them.

Who is it restricted to, may I ask?

-l2k-

Who is it restricted to, may I ask?

The ability to make polls has now been adjusted so that only people in the Knights group or higher can make them.

;-)