Sign in to follow this  
Tom Bricks

MOC: Wall-E

I just realized that I had never made a topic for one of my favorite MOCs ever and my avatar, Wall-E. It's pretty much in minifig scale but it might be a little wide.

3629745729_14d34482c3_o.jpg

Comments and criticism welcome.

It's a nice MOC of Wall-E, but way too big to be minifig scale. If you wanted it to be minifig scale, it would need to be less than half the size of a minifig. The only thing I would do to improve it would be to swap the 1x1 yellow tile with a dark grey one, and maybe try to make the treads more triangular somehow.

Do you have any other views of it? Simply posting a slightly larger version of your avatar isn't really worth a thread. :sceptic: Also, this belongs into the Licensed forum.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Also, this belongs into the Licensed forum.

No, it really doesn't :wink: It is a little confusing, but Licensed focusses on *actual* LEGO Licenses, past, present, or future. There's a bit of discussion about Licenses we'd like to see, but we try to keep that to a minimum. So here or Other Themes would be the proper place to post this MOC.

I've seen this with thourough analysis, and I do like it. I like the treads. I agree with Oky that the tile should be dk. grey, but other than that, it's nice :classic:

A very nice little moc of Wall-E.

I do agree with Oky though. Swap the tile, if it is possible to do the treads more triangular it would get even more awesome.

Cute is the word ! :sweet:

Very nice little MOC 'Tom Bricks' !

Now you just need to make Eve and of course Burn-e and that light fitting ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! !

It's a nice MOC of Wall-E, but way too big to be minifig scale. If you wanted it to be minifig scale, it would need to be less than half the size of a minifig.

Well, maybe a little big but using a 2x2 body gives a lot more room for details.

Anyway, I like the treads and he is very emotive. Mine was just a quickie when the movie came out but I still like to put him in our LEGO displays so kids (and parents) can have a giggle at WALL-E in a town scene.

2629757627_91cdea83d5_t.jpg

Well done, TB!

How did you attach the treads to the body?

I always wanted to build a WALL.E myself. When we went to Günzburg (Legoland Germany) last year, we were able to have a look at this small guy, the "Pro's" at the buildershop had built. It's a bit bigger than yours, definitely not minifig-scale any more.

pict0020.jpg_thumb.jpgpict0021.jpg_thumb.jpgpict0022.jpg_thumb.jpgpict0023.jpg_thumb.jpg

Bigger pics in my BS-folder.

I still haven't built it myself... :cry_sad:

Well, maybe a little big but using a 2x2 body gives a lot more room for details.

Anyway, I like the treads and he is very emotive. Mine was just a quickie when the movie came out but I still like to put him in our LEGO displays so kids (and parents) can have a giggle at WALL-E in a town scene.

2629757627_91cdea83d5_t.jpg

Yours looks like it is in true minifig scale, and the binoculars for eyes is great.

Well done, TB!

How did you attach the treads to the body?

I used two of These and then put the tread around them. This means the treads cant move but I think it looks nice.

Hello!

What a cute littel robot! The flexibility is great and also the use of the tread pieces. :classic:

The other versions in this thread are also adorable, a nice collection of different versions. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher