Sign in to follow this  
Ondra

New monorail for Space Police III?

I found something suspicious in official "space police 3" video on http://space.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx

I didnt know what is that, it looks like new monorail system.What do you think?

I have printscreen here

monorail.th.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Adjusted the title slightly

Good eye! I would love to see a new monorail. :wub: BTW: you have to have your county set to the UK to see the video.

There are two videos.This printscreen is from longer version with police radio on start.You must press F5 to refresh the page.

Edited by Ondra

I have moved this topic into Sci-Fi, and adjusted the title slightly to prevent ambiguity.

I think thats just the background. It would be great to see a monorail though :wub:

Monorail Rescue - $ 39.99 - 432 pieces

Kranxx and Squidman have blasted a hole in the city monorail tracks in hope of robbing the tram when it passes! Will they succeed, or will the Space Police stop them first? It's up to you with this 400 + exclusive!

Includes Space Police rescue hovertruck, working winch, monorail tram and more!

:tongue: Yes if only that would happen . . . .

This reminds me of the Elves illustration that caused a stir in the History forums. While a background illustration could be a clue to something on the horrizon, it could also simply be a nod to one of the greatest sets in LEGO history. I love the idea of a new monorail but I just don't see it happening.

The monorail means nothing to me, I doubted it, but nobody is paying attention to the monorail STATION, which ir right, obvious, and I would buy it! :tongue:

I want one, no seriously.

But why is that beautiful monorail station build on a raised baseplate. :hmpf:

If I saw a monorail train I would be more convinced but now, well it’s just some random background they choose for maybe a space police HQ. :oh3:

the Inventor

The monorail means nothing to me, I doubted it, but nobody is paying attention to the monorail STATION, which ir right, obvious, and I would buy it! :tongue:

That is just a police station and has no obvious connection to the monorail. This scene is from the Lego Club TV video posted a while ago. The monorail was noticed back then too and just looks like random decoration.

They have the classic computer slopes on the wall as well. I don't think this is an actual set, but just something they put together for the video.

I doubt there is a new monorail, but if Space Police sells well, hopefully we can get one in the future.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I spoke to the guy who made the film. He was commissioned by LEGO and used the track for effect. He doesn't even own the monorail, just those four pieces of track...

I spoke to the guy who made the film. He was commissioned by LEGO and used the track for effect. He doesn't even own the monorail, just those four pieces of track...

Thanks for bursting our little bubble of hope. :angry::tongue: At least we can still dream...

Thanks for bursting our little bubble of hope. :angry::tongue: At least we can still dream...

May still get one in the new city set...

But Dave Pagano just decided the monorail would look cool in the video and threw it in there.

May still get one in the new city set...

But Dave Pagano just decided the monorail would look cool in the video and threw it in there.

I've heard alot about the new Sp3 set's but because this seems to trigger a memory, can someone fill me in on the Sp1 sp2 sets?

I vagley recall a monorail a while back, But I'm not sure if it was real or just my imagination.

I've heard alot about the new Sp3 set's but because this seems to trigger a memory, can someone fill me in on the Sp1 sp2 sets?

I vagley recall a monorail a while back, But I'm not sure if it was real or just my imagination.

Yes there was a old Space monorail, but that was long ago.

Stauder.

Here you go The bottom two appear to be the official sets. I remember the Futuron set, but not the other.

Both are beautiful, and I would love to get an update.

The monorail system didn´t belong to the Space Police sets.

They were sold seperately in the space theme. One more monorail set was released belonging to the city theme, the fabulous airport shuttle 6399.

Space Police 1 - 1989

Space Police 2 - 1992/1993

The bigger space ships (6986 mission commander and 6984 galactic mediator) from both subthemes are really impressive! :wub:

(and I own both!) :grin:

In the 1989 catalogs in the introduction of space police shows Blacktron doing the infamous Monorail heist. They even captured 1 yellow space guy !! (lying on the floor smiling :classic: on the 2nd page). At the same time SP1 responds to the heist and summons all units.

First page: http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Lego/1989usa/...89usa_pg11.html

Second page: http://www.dukenostalgia.com/Lego/1989usa/...89usa_pg12.html

So could we see a new monorail heist set? :tongue:

So even though they haven't made a monorail set in 14 years (Give or take) they still might have the molds?

Yea, I'm aware that this video doesn't mean we'll get a monorail but just curious...

I've always been told (not sure where the story originates, but it might be Jan Beyer from LEGO) that LEGO lost money on every single monorail set they sold. It was a very expensive system to produce and after set 6691 the molds for it were destroyed, so that nobody would ever get it into their heads to ever release another monorail set. Even if parts of this story are exaggerated, I'd be very surprised if there was going to be another one.

Cheers,

Ralph

Edited by Ralph_S

If we get a monorail, it will likely be for a city exclusive using a new method of track and propulsion entirely.

The old molds are gone and the engines cost too much from what I remember reading. A new monorail in the old style would cost hundreds of dollars.

I am hoping we can get a new monorail in a new style that will be flexible and easy to use in multiple ways and also remain affordable. Something similar to the new trains sets we have coming out.