Jump to content


2012 Pirates?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic  – Started by Piranha , Nov 25 2011 02:22 AM

#251 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

    Posts: 1180
    Joined: 07-May 12
    Member: 28477
    Country: Mexico

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

View PostBig Cam, on 22 June 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Being that this was literally the last set they produced, I can't see them re-making it anytime soon.
Maybe in a UCS version :thumbup:

#252 Faefrost

Faefrost
  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4429
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

This picture from what I believe is the Lego "brainstorming" room has been getting heavily analyzed in a couple of other threads. Mainly over in Star Wars and Sci Fi as it seems to show some unreleased prototypes or sets.

http://ow.ly/i/HJQX/original

Owly was kind enough to post a blown up version of it. (once again many many thanks)

My question to our good (err bad?) Pirate folks...

In the upper left quadrant is a fully seen display case with Aliens Conquest and Atlantis sets. (just to the right of the big curving silver pipe). To the right of, and behind that case is a rolling drawer cabinet with two rather large and detailed ships sitting on it. does anyone recognize them? (just curious)

Edited by Faefrost, 14 July 2012 - 08:49 PM.

Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#253 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Pirate Pig


    Posts: 1547
    Joined: 30-December 09
    Member: 8823
    Country: Finland

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

I think the first one is Brickbears Bounty, and the second one is the Flying Dutchman prototype wich they never released as the theme is discontiuned for now as ive heard.

Captain Becker
My LEGO collection

"An Admiral a day, keeps the Doctor away" General Skalldyr in ToR II

Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey Bluecoats FTW
Thank you Jebediahs

#254 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!


    Posts: 1484
    Joined: 04-September 08
    Member: 3891
    Country: Belgium

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 14 July 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

This picture from what I believe is the Lego "brainstorming" room has been getting heavily analyzed in a couple of other threads. Mainly over in Star Wars and Sci Fi as it seems to show some unreleased prototypes or sets.

http://ow.ly/i/HJQX/original

Owly was kind enough to post a blown up version of it. (once again many many thanks)

My question to our good (err bad?) Pirate folks...

In the upper left quadrant is a fully seen display case with Aliens Conquest and Atlantis sets. (just to the right of the big curving silver pipe). To the right of, and behind that case is a rolling drawer cabinet with two rather large and detailed ships sitting on it. does anyone recognize them? (just curious)
That is a very interesting image, judging from the red-white sails that one ship is probably the BrickBeard Bounty, the other one I don't recognize at all.
Very interesting, it's seems to be a three-master but that sail plan does not match any of the excisting official LEGO ships, I also see that there's a big skull on the stern, I only know of two ships that had this features and both of them had a red hull.
It's seems very unlikely that there will be a new ship soon so my guess is that that ship must have been a prototype pirate ship that was later replaced by the BrickBeard Bounty perhaps (the mystery ship looked too scary maybe).
It would make sense that they keep it intact, considering it would never be produced and it seems to be a nice ship  :pir-classic:


View PostCaptain Becker, on 14 July 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

...and the second one is the Flying Dutchman prototype wich they never released as the theme is discontiuned for now as ive heard.

Captain Becker
I don't think so, the sail plan is wrong and there's a giant skull on the stern  :pir-tongue:

Edited by Sebeus I, 14 July 2012 - 09:41 PM.


#255 Cervantes

Cervantes

    Posts: 19
    Joined: 14-July 12
    Member: 29681

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

It would be wonderful if it were an all new original pirate ship as a precursor to bringing back classic pirate designs. Although that is probably only wishful thinking on my part.

#256 kermit

kermit
  • 1+1+1=2


    Posts: 1250
    Joined: 04-July 10
    Member: 11816

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

I believe the second ship is the imperial ship that we got just look at the deck and sails.

#257 TyoSolo

TyoSolo

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 17-June 12
    Member: 29251
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

The trailer for the new Ninjago series shown at SDCC shows some pirates - this could possibly be translated into a set or sets at some point:

Have a look at the trailer here:

http://www.telly.com...W?fromtwitvid=1. Pirates are around the 0:38 point, with the Captain saying "more pyjama men?".

I like the pirate behind him who has 2 patches and a parrot. :pir-classic:

It wouldn't be the ideal way for us to get more sets, as if they are, they would be designed for playability rather than build.

Rich
Keep building!
TyoSolo - www.Bricktrader.net

Posted Image

#258 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

    Posts: 820
    Joined: 18-June 09
    Member: 6437
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostTyoSolo, on 16 July 2012 - 12:31 PM, said:

The trailer for the new Ninjago series shown at SDCC shows some pirates - this could possibly be translated into a set or sets at some point:

Have a look at the trailer here:

http://www.telly.com...W?fromtwitvid=1. Pirates are around the 0:38 point, with the Captain saying "more pyjama men?".

I like the pirate behind him who has 2 patches and a parrot. :pir-classic:

It wouldn't be the ideal way for us to get more sets, as if they are, they would be designed for playability rather than build.

Rich
Well at least those pirates don't look as bad as I thought they'd be.

:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#259 Darthluke824

Darthluke824

    Posts: 185
    Joined: 16-May 12
    Member: 28649
    Country: UK

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

3 Sails? Take a look at this: (Its just a render from the LEGO Potc game!)

Posted Image
That strange boat could be the Flying Dutchman Prototype, or maybe a 2009 Pirates theme, never released, Ghost ship prototype?
Check out my latest MOC:

My Brickshelf - darthluke824

#260 Hive

Hive
  • Friendsified!


    Posts: 1077
    Joined: 19-March 10
    Member: 9979
    Country: Denmark

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

That particular Flying Dutchman was never made in actual bricks and is merely a computer render. The guy who did it specifically stated that it did not have the structural integrity to be an actual LEGO set.

#261 LEGO.Inc

LEGO.Inc

    Posts: 18
    Joined: 24-August 11
    Member: 19996
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostHive, on 17 July 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

That particular Flying Dutchman was never made in actual bricks and is merely a computer render. The guy who did it specifically stated that it did not have the structural integrity to be an actual LEGO set.

What a shame. For me it would be an instant buy. Does someone know if there is a list of brinks needed to build this render? And more important: how to build it?

#262 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

    Posts: 820
    Joined: 18-June 09
    Member: 6437
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostLEGO.Inc, on 29 July 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

What a shame. For me it would be an instant buy. Does someone know if there is a list of brinks needed to build this render? And more important: how to build it?
I believe someone HAS built it in real life, at least the builder of the game render is active in the LEGO community, perhaps you could contact them if you can find them?
:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#263 Darthluke824

Darthluke824

    Posts: 185
    Joined: 16-May 12
    Member: 28649
    Country: UK

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

View PostLEGO.Inc, on 29 July 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

What a shame. For me it would be an instant buy. Does someone know if there is a list of brinks needed to build this render? And more important: how to build it?

I made a similar version of it, using LDD. I can give you the LXF file (The one I made) if you like.
Check out my latest MOC:

My Brickshelf - darthluke824

#264 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth
  • Glory to the Bluecoats!


    Posts: 243
    Joined: 08-April 10
    Member: 10202
    Country: Costa Rica

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostDarthluke824, on 30 July 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

I made a similar version of it, using LDD. I can give you the LXF file (The one I made) if you like.

That would be a nice thing to have!
Redesigning classics, with my own flavor :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#265 Darthluke824

Darthluke824

    Posts: 185
    Joined: 16-May 12
    Member: 28649
    Country: UK

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostYawgmoth, on 30 July 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

That would be a nice thing to have!

There! BRICKSHELF (When moderated!)
Check out my latest MOC:

My Brickshelf - darthluke824

#266 hobbes5a

hobbes5a

    Posts: 98
    Joined: 19-August 11
    Member: 19868
    Country: Hong Kong

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hope that there be the Endeavor. :pir-tongue:

#267 fernlagoon

fernlagoon

    Posts: 37
    Joined: 22-June 11
    Member: 18619
    Country: United States

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

I have actually heard rumors, maybe on one of these forums?  That the Ninjago will have some sort of a sub-theme and it will be based around Pirates.  This could not be until 2013 so don't hold your breathe.

It is interesting since POTC started off so strong and there was so much publicity and marketing that I thought, oh man, it will be years before I see the "classic" pirates back...alast, it looks like POTC might be sinking rather quickly!  haha.  :  ) The idea is that I see all these discounted sets around so it leads me to believe they are trying to off what they have before moving on.

I think LEGO might be dabbling in different themes, who are we kidding?  They are know that classic pirates does amazing so maybe they are trying 2 or 3 different sub themes to see how successful it would be.  Do I think we will see classic pirates return in 2013?  nah, but by 2014 or 2015?  I would say so.
pirate's great lagoon paradise

#268 TyoSolo

TyoSolo

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 17-June 12
    Member: 29251
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

View Postfernlagoon, on 10 August 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

I have actually heard rumors, maybe on one of these forums?  That the Ninjago will have some sort of a sub-theme and it will be based around Pirates.

It could possibly have been this very thread, on this very page!  :pir-oh3:

Although that is purely speculation!  :pir_laugh2:
Keep building!
TyoSolo - www.Bricktrader.net

Posted Image

#269 Ferrik

Ferrik

    Posts: 821
    Joined: 26-February 11
    Member: 16252
    Country: Australia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

View PostDarthluke824, on 17 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

3 Sails? Take a look at this: (Its just a render from the LEGO Potc game!)

Posted Image
That strange boat could be the Flying Dutchman Prototype, or maybe a 2009 Pirates theme, never released, Ghost ship prototype?

Considering it's a render, it looks excellent.  :pir-classic:
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#270 XandersBrian

XandersBrian

    Posts: 24
    Joined: 30-August 12
    Member: 30843

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

What ever the pirate set they prepare this coming 2013. I was hoping for the return of the Islanders :)

#271 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!


    Posts: 1484
    Joined: 04-September 08
    Member: 3891
    Country: Belgium

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostXandersBrian, on 11 September 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

What ever the pirate set they prepare this coming 2013. I was hoping for the return of the Islanders :)
That's actually pretty realistic I think, it has been a while since we saw Islanders/indians/... kind of theme so a return would be most appreciated  :kahuka:

#272 Weil

Weil

    Posts: 160
    Joined: 04-June 11
    Member: 18255

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

According to the Historical Forum LEGO will be releasing a new licensed western theme in 2013 featuring Indians which might make Islanders unlikely.

Link: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=74142
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Raid on The Crown Tavern: Click images for the forum topic and more pics.

#273 TyoSolo

TyoSolo

    Posts: 39
    Joined: 17-June 12
    Member: 29251
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

If this concept art for the monster fighters theme is anything to go by, we may see a ghost ship yet, which could utilize that Flying Dutchman design. What do you think? October 2013?
Keep building!
TyoSolo - www.Bricktrader.net

Posted Image

#274 RaincloudDustbin

RaincloudDustbin

    Posts: 1077
    Joined: 31-January 12
    Member: 25368
    Country: UK

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

Maybe it's time to start a new thread - Pirates 2013
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/91926269@N06/

Please click on my YouTube channel for great videos based on LEGO and comics. Subscribers greatly appreciated: http://www.youtube.c...ser/ComicBricks

Posted Image  Posted Image

#275 just2good

just2good
  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 5607
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostTeardropTrashcan, on 13 September 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Maybe it's time to start a new thread - Pirates 2013
Well, there hasn't been any news or rumors yet, so no. I do suggest a title change to '2013 Pirates?'. :pirate_sad2:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links