DarthTwoShedsJackson

[MOD] Tie Advanced Prototype from Star Wars Rebels

I got set 75082 mainly for the Inquisitor and the Imperial Officer minifigs, but I decided to give the build a go today since I heard a lot of positive comments on it. I have to say that the build includes good ideas for the TIE fuselage that are definitive improvements to how other system scale TIEs have been built in the past. Once finished, I went in and modified the build quite a bit to get it closer to the proportions of the craft as seen in the show. This meant I had to get rid of the shooter play feature in order to remove a one plate wide section from the lower part of the fuselage. I also made sure the circular cockpit screen is centered and that the lower half of the fuselage mirrors the angled bricks of the top half. I also got rid of most dark bley bricks and replaced them with their light grey counterparts. Lastly, I made the four characteristic panels one stud higher and removed a one plate wide area from the center build that attaches the panels to the fuselage.

I also built a stand for the model in the form of a mini-diorama that depicts the scene from the Rebels episode Empire Day in which the TIE Advanced Prototype was first presented as the climax of an imperial parade:

TieAdvancedPrototype1.jpg

TieAdvancedPrototype2.jpg

TieAdvancedPrototype3.jpg

Enjoy! :classic:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Looks great! I'd love to see all your Rebels crafts together. I'll have to build most of them to replace the TLG versions. Keep em coming!

Oh why you have to tempt me in getting this now? :)

I was planning of holding off this purchase till later on in the year but now that you have posted your MOD, I must go out and get it!

Great job! :thumbup: that is just what I would do with the set, you really managed to improve the look of that vehicle with the corrected colors and shape, I understand why lego tries to put too many play features on some sets, but some times they get in the way of the vehicle design making it look odd (not so much in this case), I actually MODed my own sets in the same fashion you did in this one by removing the useless play features and correcting some shapes and colors.

Helo, this is my first post on the forum so don't be angry on me ;)

Could you upload your modification instruction or where I can get it?

I have this set and others from Rebels too, but your modyfication is awesome and looks really great!!

I have this set and others from Rebels too, but your modyfication is awesome and looks really great!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: MODS, BAN HIM!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:laugh: Jokes, welcome to Eurobricks!

Welcome to Eurobricks Martini. Not everyone appreciates asking for instructions and most of us don't even make instructions! Why don't you give it a good look and try to make a version of your own! :wink: And feel free to introduce yourself

This is a terrific (and unique) stand! I love that you incorporated some simple elements so that figures could be posed with the set. Lots of inspiration here to improve on my stands.

Did you extend the length of the wings so that they could be fastened to the base?

I've modeled on You and built my own stand for TIE Adv. - now it's stable on the shelf :wink:

Wings are longer so the model I think looks better.

Thanks for great idea!

post-133902-0-23752500-1422264633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Martini26