Sign in to follow this  
z3_2drive

z3'sTechnic Garage

Hello, I want to start a topic for all my WIP mocs for help and what not, and a place for all my unfinished projects or ideas. I'll start off by posting some pictures of my buggy chassis, with 2 l motors and a servo, and all wheel suspension: dscn0557.jpg

dscn0558.jpg

two l motors for drive, geared down once, and tires spin off startdefault_thumbup.gif

dscn0559.jpg

dscn0562.jpg

good suspension travel... dscn0563.jpg

with simple body.. dscn0556.jpg

Edited by z3_2drive

Looks good with the orange and black panels. It looks finished to me :blush: .

tim

Well, I found that picture right after the post, at the time I had only pictures of chassis, because I took it apart for my upcoming Crawler V2 default_devg1.gif

Thanks, I guess I could share some interesting models I built long ago, in case anyone would like to see more than pictures, like explanations or just discussion, like my modified version of zblj's raptor... dscn0251.jpg

dscn0257.jpg

dscn0256.jpg

A tip for people who use these tires on these rims- DO NOT LEAVE ANY WATER IN THEM! Because you'll take off the tires days later like me and go default_sick.gif from the smelldefault_laugh_new.gif

I really like the shape of the raptor mod.

Not a lot of technic models have that sort of roundness. :thumbup:

I am away from home so no pictures but is it possible to connect four L motors together in a sort of planetary fashion? I am thinking of doing this for a offroad buggy or crawler, one thing for sure... it will be BIG im thinking like two motors side to side, and two more on top and bottom, each with a 24t gears, in this shape- + with another 24t in the middle

Edited by z3_2drive

OK, been messing with LDD (its a pain for me), and came up with this: lddscreenshot2.png

m motors since L's dont exist in ldd. change of gearing for offroad- lddscreenshot3.png

Edited by z3_2drive

ok, getting the hang of ldd, made a start to some kind of chassis, braced everything up, and I think i'll do this rather than buy a bunch of buggy motors because my dad has the final say on what I buydefault_tong.gif (its his money until I get a job)

so two more L motors it is! Hopefully this will work-whatever it isdefault_laugh_new.giflddscreenshot4.png

I don't see any adder in there like I suggested in the other topic.

With out one you will loss a bit of power and also your motors will heat up with the strain.

Im not sure how to do an adder with all these motors...any ideas would be helpful though. as for strain or heat, my rally car does heat up, but only if its put under decent load or running nonstop for a while... dsc_5113.jpg

I will see if I can come up with something.:classic:

I look forward to what you come up with, im guessing something like two motors on each side of a 5x7 bracket, and a differential in the middle, with (image) part on each side so motors can be parallel with the bracket? lol if I read your mind.

87408.jpg?1

Edited by z3_2drive

oh2.gif Sweet! thanks, thats better than mine because of the height and such, I'll definitely build this and use it , either for a large rally car, baja buggy/truck, or a MEGA crawler default_laugh_new.gif. so glad I joined this forumdefault_classic.gif Edited by z3_2drive

If you find that it is too wide for your moc than you can always put one on top of the other and then add gearing to join them together.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Update on my WIP car, got rear done, more vital parts should come tomorrow, and currently trying to figure out front suspension/steering...

dscn0594.jpg

dscn0595.jpg

dscn0596.jpg

dscn0597.jpg

UPDATE: finished rally car chassis, its massive, but taking it apart for my upcoming....MEGACRAWLER(mentioned and shown at end of video...special thanks to Alasdair Ryan for adder idea and Sariel for inspiring me to do something with four motors, and if anyone wants to see pics im taking it apart any may take pics of sections of it as I take it apart. Thank you, and good night!

edit: video wont show so heres link: My link

Edited by z3_2drive

I think there are too many power losses:

1) knobs generate too many friction

2) model is too heavy and tires are grippy - central differential is very pleased

With 4 L motors it have to go much faster than in video...

Try