Sign in to follow this  
Fred Daniel Yam

Challenge 3: Hall of the Damned

So my pieces arrived on time and I went nuts and started building. Here it is:

Trekking through the woods, I finally reached my destination, The Hall of the Damned. Following the Imperium's conquests of the lands beyond, they had put in place Lords who watched over parts of the land. Belarius was one such Lord, I had served with him in the Imperium Army, however, he was swayed by the powers of Chaos and renounced the Imperium as heretics and disappeared into the forests of Avalonia, recruiting members for his cult. He was found and his throne room destroyed, now he reigns over the ruins, a revived amalgamation of necromancy and chaos.

dsc01350.jpg

dsc01351.jpg

The front door had been smashed down and as I stepped over it, the air went cold.

dsc01352.jpg

"Ahhhh Harkenshire, long time no see."

"You know I didn't come here for tea Belarius, that Earth element is keeping you alive and I need it."

"Now, now Harkenshire, you know I don't like dying too much."

"Then I will take it by force."

dsc01353.jpg

"Then come and get it."

dsc01354.jpg

He snapped his fingers and the four statues came to life behind me.

dsc01355.jpg

The black and silver ones charged instantly and I parried with ease as I was pinned against the wall, I had to take them down and quick.

dsc01356.jpg

I sliced Silver's head off and ducked just in time to evade Purple's swing...

dsc01358.jpg

and managed to stab Black up the chest and kick Purple away.....

dsc01359.jpg

throwing my metal shield at Purple, crushing his chestplate and chest in one go...

dsc01360.jpg

grabbing my sword and then stabbing Blue through the eyeslits, killing "him" instantly.

dsc01361.jpg

"I must say, I taught you well Harkenshire. But how will you face against me?"

The air shimmered around us as he manipulated the fabrics of time and space.

I was dressed in my Imperium uniform and him back to his old human self.

"Shall we?"

"Let's."

I jumped onto his shield, somersaulting off and throwing my sword at him, impaling him.

dsc01364.jpg

I retrieved the element and left as the Hall collapsed.

dsc01365.jpg

FIN.

The interior of the Hall looks pretty good, but the landscaping outside could use a little work.

Nice fight scenes, and the cheese slope patterns on the floor work nicely, I'm not sure about the orange? tiles.

Overall a very nice scene :thumbup:

Good fighting pics. And I like the floor tiles and mosaics. I really like the way the third picture is shot through a doorway; that's a great composition. Was there a bit of backstory before on how Harkenshire knows where to go to find the crystal? It does look a bit like you had to build it in a rush, but good job overall.

As NM says those fighting scenes is great! That posing of the minifigures is great! The sorrounding terrain is a little plain though, maybe some plates and other colours to spice it up?! :classic:

Good fighting pics. And I like the floor tiles and mosaics. I really like the way the third picture is shot through a doorway; that's a great composition. Was there a bit of backstory before on how Harkenshire knows where to go to find the crystal? It does look a bit like you had to build it in a rush, but good job overall.

Thanks! The pieces arrived last minute and I had not much time to build anymore. :sad:

As NM says those fighting scenes is great! That posing of the minifigures is great! The sorrounding terrain is a little plain though, maybe some plates and other colours to spice it up?! :classic:

I hate landscaping. :tongue:

I like the idea you had going on with the tortured skeleton throne, and floor is nice too. The fight scenes are detailed as well. But i feel that you could have raised the walls up a fraction, and as deGothia says, perhaps a touch of landscaping could really bring the surroundings to life. Best of luck in the voting! :classic:

Epic fight scene!

haha Really nice.

The cannon and floors were nicely done, but yeah some exterior work would have added a bit much. Though I'm guessing you had too much fun on the fight scene. :rofl: