Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Elijah Timms

NEW BlueCoats are Coming! NEW BlueCoats are Coming!

Just shared this over on the History theme, but TRU North America has kicked off its Bricktober campaign, which offers a free minifigure magnet with any $20 Lego purchase. The first figure, available now, is the coveted BLUE COAT SOLDIER!! I have lamented many times in the past that, sadly, I have never owned one. Perhaps that will finally end!!

They're available free with any $20 purchase, but according to the web site, they appear to also sell for $1.99 each. Here's hoping they'll let us buy 'em at the store for the same price! Here's the link for anyone interested:

http://www.toysrus.c...egoryId=3252064

Happy Bricktober everyone!

They're not new, my friend. Those are the classic bluecoats.

Yeah, I'm not going all the way to the states for bluecoats most likely made of Cheap Chinese plastic, I'll just use bricklink.

I agree with your thoughts, its cool and convinient for us in the US, But I'm mot going to stock up on them, since for not much more I could get the original.

Interesting! I wonder if this promotion will ever make it across the Atlantic. I wouldn't mind brand new bluecoats if they are comparable in quality with the collectible minifigs. Same can be said for the other minifigs offered.

Like CallMePie said, these Bluecoats aren't anything new, so why repost what you already posted? :pir-sceptic:

I'm not sure about the History Forum but the Pirate Forum does benefit from a thread on this topic. Bluecoats are without a doubt a very popular aspect of the Pirate theme.

that bluecoat could be new :pir-sweet:, but not a new design :pir-sceptic:

and, if it's made in cheap plastic...well, is a redcoat that is disguised :pir-laugh:

Yeah, I'm not going all the way to the states for bluecoats most likely made of Cheap Chinese plastic, I'll just use bricklink.

You can get these at Canadian TRUs too. Just get $35 of Lego, instead of the American $20... :pirate_sad2:

I first went to the History theme because of the Cavalry soldier available in Week 3 and the Black Falcon soldier for Week 4. Sorry if it was bad form but I thought that was valid.

As for the 'NEW,' sorry fellas-- I just wanted to specify that there would be a new way to grab bluecoats as early as this week. In retrospect, I'm a bit embarrassed at the topic title I chose-- very misleading. All apologies.

You can get these at Canadian TRUs too. Just get $35 of Lego, instead of the American $20... :pirate_sad2:

Lets see's 35.00 CAD = 34.2928 USD - did the people who calcuate the values forget the gap between the two currencies isn't as wide as it used to be?

They probably are from the production runs for the Vintage Minifigures Collection Vol. 3.

Now that's a good possibility!

Now that's a good possibility!

Yup, all the other minifigs that appear on the poly bag have also been in one of the Vintage Minifigures Collections.

What I think is ironic is that hes never owned one, and wants one, but I own about 21 and dont even want them! For my alleigence lies with the redcoats. :pir-wink:

This is interesting! Last time with the minifigure series my Toysrus had boxes of them at the door! We were aloud to buy them so I got 80, but if these are going to be at Toysrus, I just might be able to buy them the same way!

The people need to know!!!

The people should also know this. You cannot buy them for 1.99. I drove through rush hour traffic that took about half an hour alone. I go up to the register and ask about them and if I can buy them. At first the clerk says no. Then I tell her to ask the manager and he says no. This makes no sense! I was able to buy the Chrome Stormies from the same store! I am furious. Where did you get this 1.99 information? They said it rang up as one penny. I'd like to print out proof that it said I could buy these. Just a warning to all fellow FOLs. Anyone else have this problem?

Lets see's 35.00 CAD = 34.2928 USD - did the people who calcuate the values forget the gap between the two currencies isn't as wide as it used to be?

Yes. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Here's the press release:

LEGO fans love to collect the minifigures found within many LEGO construction sets, and to help make “Bricktober” extra special, Toys“R”Us and LEGO Systems, Inc. are rereleasing four of the most sought after minifigures in LEGO history in magnet form. Each week, customers who purchase $20 worth of LEGO construction sets or board games will receive a limited edition LEGO minifigure from times past.

• From Sunday, October 3 to Saturday, October 9, customers will discover the Imperial Soldier from the LEGO Pirates set launched in 1989. Many fans may remember the Imperial Solder from the popular LEGO Eldorado Fortress set.
  • From Sunday, October 10 to Saturday, October 16, LEGO fans can find the Cavalry Colonel from the 1986 LEGO Western range. The Cavalry Colonel was featured in two LEGO sets, Fort Legoredo and Frontier Patrol.
  • From Sunday, October 17 to Saturday, October 23, the Fire Chief, part of the 1981 LEGOLAND Town Fire theme will reappear. The Fire Chief was sought after due to the distinctive white helmet he wore to distinguish himself from traditional Firefighter minifigures wearing black hats.
  • From Sunday, October 24 to Saturday, October 30, LEGO collectors can rediscover the Black Falcon. Originally released in 1984, the Black Falcon was included within the Knight’s Castle construction theme, featured in the 1986 Black Falcon’s Fortress set.

With special thanks to my fellow ambassador Andrew Bulthaupt, aka Black Six from BZPower for providing me this information.

This could be a sign of bluecoats in POTC.

It's the old 1989 bluecoat, most likely from the Vintage Minifigure Collection's production run. Besides, they would update the torso print if they'd introduce it in PotC.

Got one today... I tried really hard to convince them to give me two b/c I spent well over $20, but they wouldn't have it. My very first BlueCoat :pir-sweet: I'm thinkin' chances are pretty good he'll be a prisoner at the Imperial Outpost this winter...

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Got one today... I tried really hard to convince them to give me two b/c I spent well over $20, but they wouldn't have it. My very first BlueCoat :pir-sweet: I'm thinkin' chances are pretty good he'll be a prisoner at the Imperial Outpost this winter...

So does this means you can take it off the magnetic base? :pir-sing::cannon: