Sign in to follow this  
Hook

Help: "LDD cannot access web. Do you want to run in off-line mode

Hey...

I'm having a little problem with my LDD. Before everything i'll have to escuse for my english... i'm from Portugal and it has been a while the last time i've writen in english

So... my problem is the following one: a few weeks ago, when i started to run the LDD program, he began to update (or at the least, he tried...) new bricks and all. After completing the update, appears a message saying "LDD cannot access to the web server to retrieve new brick. Do you want to run in offline mode?"

In case my english is not totally understandable, I leave you a picture of what i mean... :laugh: :laugh:

http://tinypic.com/r/4r96br/8

Hi Hook

I created a separate topic for your question. The other topic you posted in was for "LDD Manager" which is another software.

As for your question, I'm afraid I don't know. Let's see if someone else has bumped into that problem.

Hmm, maybe the servers had a problem when you were downloading the bricks. You could try again today or tomorrow.

If it still doesn't work, did you try to run LDD as administrator? I don't think it will solve the problem, but better be sure.

And, you could also just redownload the LDD installer from the Lego website and just install that one. I suppose it has the newest brick version...

:classic:

Maybe the update got corrupted, close LDD > delete db.lif > run LDD.

Location C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\db.lif

Thank you for the replies

@Legolijntje: I tried for several days run the program with the expectation of a sucessfull update, but nothing... Then i deleted the program from my computer and redownload it from Lego website, just as you said, but as he tried to run LDD the same message apeared again... so i don't have an idea of what can be :hmpf_bad:

When it comes about computers i don't know nothing... :laugh:

As I said earlier, did you try to run it as administrator (if you have the rights to do so)?

As I said earlier, did you try to run it as administrator (if you have the rights to do so)?

Yes, yes... i followed your instructions carefully

Edited by Hook

Hmm, very strange. Is it giving the message while it's downloading or when it starts downloading?

Because in the picture you posted in te first post, it has already downloaded about 60%. So, it looks like the connection is cut for some reason. Very weird...

Check that your firewall is not stopping it, this is a common problem. Sometimes you need to add it as what is called an 'exception' to your firewall settings.

Hi All,

I just had this issue on a hotel in Montreal, and yes - for some reason they seem to block the connection in the hotel gateway!

Enabling my VPN back home to the company, made it work!

Guest network provider: Guest Tek

And no, the installer from the LEGO website does Not have the latest Bricks DB. It installed a ~680MB 'db.lif' (in ~/Library/Application Support/LEGO Company/LEGO Digital Designer on OSX) but it needs to update it.

The current OSX version askes if you wanna run in Offline mode, but before you can click Yes/No it crashes.. :-/