Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Imitation 9V Trains

Has anyone seen these imitation 9V trains before? I found these searching Brickshelf today. The sets are actually quite nice and would be a great way to keep the 9V Hobby Train theme going. This is really what I was hoping for when I first read about the Hobby Train line. Reminds me of the early Blue Train era.

imitationbox-01.jpg

Link:

Imitation 9V Trains on Brickshelf

Very charming and neat, especially that brown 7710 engine.... :'-)

Hmm.... I really hope that the new train system

just saw them today as well! *sweet* it looks great really! imagine having an entire shelf of boxes like those with sets in them :-$ *sweet* *sweet*

Mind if I ask what's the Blue train era Brickster?

Term used to describe the early train theme with blue track. As a child, I remember visiting a toy store and seeing single train car/engine sets. They were great!

Sets like this from the early 80s:

7818-1.jpg

7819-1.jpg

7820-1.jpg

There were a lot of single train cars available then. I didn't see this really return until the MOT era.

If these were sold, I would snap em up in an instant, they look very nice and professional!

I saw those boxes over the weekend as well. I get a couple of mailing supply catalogs that have a variety of shipping boxes. I have often considered getting a few of them to store away my "never take apart" engines and cars. Yellow LEGOLAND boxes would be icing on the cake.

But those models are top notch. I prefer European style engines & rolling stock.

Does anyone know the designer? I would enjoy seeing instructions for these models. And PSD/PDF templates for the imitation boxes.

Excellent work, Namo.

-- Bryan

But those models are top notch. I prefer European style engines & rolling stock.

I like both. It really depends on the quality of the MOC. I am partial to the old DB trains though - simply because they were Lego's first. It's a Classic Train thing - not because they're European (or American).

We discussed this before a year or two ago. let me see...

Here's the thread:

American vs. European

That rolling stock in neither it more likely to be japanese were namo is from

Nevertheless, I love the models & boxes. I would like to make my own boxes if the templates were available.

Term used to describe the early train theme with blue track. As a child, I remember visiting a toy store and seeing single train car/engine sets. They were great!

Sets like this from the early 80s:

7818-1.jpg

7819-1.jpg

7820-1.jpg

There were a lot of single train cars available then. I didn't see this really return until the MOT era.

nonono this isn't blue track era, Brickster. this is a bit later. blue tracks are 70's

nonono this isn't blue track era, Brickster. this is a bit later. blue tracks are 70's

You're absolutely correct. I think there was some overalap in the stores in the early 80s. I remember seeing blue track sets and sets like 7818 on the shelf thinking it was part of the blue line (at least to my recollection). 7818 really stood out for me because of the new flexible minifigs.

But since grey track started in the 80s, the sets I pictured must be part of the grey era.

Good catch Sne.

Thank you for the info Brickster. I definitly would have been fooled by these. The person(s) that created these sure went to a lot of trouble to make them look very authentic. I am also :-( that these are fake. I *wub* the look of all of them. These would be *sweet* sets to add to my collection. I hope the new train system coming out sometime in 2009 will have such sets. That would be GREAT. I can't wait to see what TLC comes out with.