de Gothia

Benoic soldiers marching to Nocturnus

In the late August evening the farmer and his son heard the bagpipes from a distance. The bagpipes was the instrument of Benoic. Loved by all in Benoic. Soon they heard the sound of horses, carts and the marching of hundred and hundres of men.

7296659050_178e5e1a9d.jpg

7296645848_d29c478b17.jpg

de Gothia was in the front position leading his army to the war against the Drow. He had summoned his army as soon as he could, when Artorious Rex asked him to join in the great war against the darkness.

7296651440_6592556248.jpg

The little boy whispered to his father: So many soldiers, dad. Are those men coming back?

Overwiev of the moc

7296653414_784dce9347.jpg

C&C most welcome! I´m experemnting with the light. Give feedback on it to! :classic:

Thanks to SOT for great tips!

Edited by de Gothia

The first pic is just awesome! The whole MOC is beautiful!:thumbup: Whatever your doing with the lighting is working out well.

Great use of the bagpipers! A pretty good sized army there :thumbup:

My favorite part is the section of field with stone fence :classic:

Excellent work de Gothia! :sweet::thumbup:

The lighting really looks dramatic and your minifigure choice and placement give tons of unspoken insights about the scene. I really like the bagpipers; a very clever and original use for the figures.

great scene de Gothia,

I was thinking of something very similar with the Lord Arlindus and his men! The pipers look great mixed in with the Avalonian Soldiers.

OOC: Love it. The lighting i the first pic is great!

IC: I wish you luck in your battles, Lord. Mitgardia is still neutral but I for one wish the threat to end!

Looks fantastic! The lighting is great, it definitely feels like late summer sun at night. Not that I'm picking sides, but I can't wait to hear what is happening so we in Kaliphlin can have some action!

That lighting makes it beautiful.

I wish you only the best in your battles. The Kaliphlin have made no major decision yet, so conquer some Drow for me! I'll be bringing supplies to aid the Avalonians and Nocturnians at the battlefront soon.

Awesome scene, I almost felt like I was the little boy. :laugh:

You and your men are a great asset to Avalonia, a great inspiration, I hope the explorers I sent, to be helpful to the men in the front lines.

Ps. I like how your photography is getting better with every moc. :thumbup:

Looking great! :thumbup: I love the tall tree. One small improvment you can make on the overview pic is to get the corner of your moc in the picture. I almost forgot to mention that your base is made really nice too. :thumbup:

Happy 100th post! I absolutely love scenes like this. The Drow aren't going to be crossing into Avalonia any time soon.

Such a small force to fight the Drow armies....

I'd suggest you... increase your numbers. :wink:

Thanks all for the kind comments! Glad you liked it! I´m happy how well it turned out. Only using a http://www.rumstid.se/leverantorer/lampgustaf/skrivbordslampa/ :classic:

Mikey: Haha, not the first time you and me think the same! :laugh::wink:

CptBB: Yes of course. :blush: Little things that you do´nt think of! :classic:

Dustin: Maybe you should read my first post again? :wink:

"the marching of hundred and hundres of men" This is just a small part of my army. And when joining with the other parts of Avalonias great army the Drow will fear us!

Edited by de Gothia

A beautiful scene and very well lit. You deffinitely captured a legendary feel here, the scene fills Avalonians with pride :thumbup:

Very nice. double :thumbup: from me.

Trian Burress is questing to track down the survivors of the house of Baine, but Sir Buress plans to send his second in command with the Mesodraconem army to the border to stand guard.

Thanks all for the kind comments! Glad you liked it! I´m happy how well it turned out. Only using a http://www.rumstid.se/leverantorer/lampgustaf/skrivbordslampa/ :classic:

Mikey: Haha, not the first time you and me think the same! :laugh::wink:

CptBB: Yes of course. :blush: Little things that you do´nt think of! :classic:

Dustin: Maybe you should read my first post again? :wink:

"the marching of hundred and hundres of men" This is just a small part of my army. And when joining with the other parts of Avalonias great army the Drow will fear us!

Whoops, I didn't have my glasses on. :tongue:

Oh, well. LOL! :hmpf:

You should still recruit more than hundreds. Maybe thousands? Then we'll talk. :devil:

Thanks DC and Z! :classic:

Dustin: Haha, are you the ambassdor for the drow? :wink: I thought it was more realistic to have hunders of men instaed of thousands. After all Benoic isn´t that big. But as said before, joining with the rest of the Avalonian force this could be good! :wink:

Thanks DC and Z! :classic:

Dustin: Haha, are you the ambassdor for the drow? :wink: I thought it was more realistic to have hunders of men instaed of thousands. After all Benoic isn´t that big. But as said before, joining with the rest of the Avalonian force this could be good! :wink:

Possibly. :sadnew:

That first picture is just perfect!! It's almost unbelievable it's without photoshop!

Also, very nice side-details. With this I mean the father and the son and the scouts patrolling beside the main group :thumbup:

One remark, not entirely adressed to you, but to those who are putting questions by army-size (Dustin and others):

I discussed this a while ago at the general topic of Historica. There was not really an official declaration, but I the discussion was closed with this:

- if you are talking about a story in the past, you may choose the armysize

- if you are talking about a story in the present, you will have to base your armysize on the number of minifig-soldiers you really have :classic:

Edited by DaMaximus

Great scene DG! I really like the soldiers with the bagpipers at the front. Also the small wall and that tree are eye candy! :classic:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Dang it, now that is awesome. I love the pipers, and I am glad you beat me to it - yours are very cool. However, with my character's last name, you better believe we have some bag-piping traditions in Eastgate.

Love the light work you did on the first picture. Makes me realize even more how important a good background is.

Thanks again!

damaximus: Ok, have to think of that then. But it just sounds silly when you write :"the marching of thrirty soldiers".... :wink: Have to assemble all of my soldiers from all of my factions then... Then we have hundreds of them! :classic:

Thanks again!

damaximus: Ok, have to think of that then. But it just sounds silly when you write :"the marching of thrirty soldiers".... :wink: Have to assemble all of my soldiers from all of my factions then... Then we have hundreds of them! :classic:

Haha :D

The army of Mpya Stedor is a (big) bunch of smaller armygroups. Every group has their specific task in daily life (guarding markets/walls/towers/ships/caravans/...) :classic:

But you can for example say that every different faction is an important family of your city and the Green nights are those who guard your city in times of peace :classic:

It all matters what rules there are in your Guild. In Kaliphlin we have no army-standard. But maybe you guys have?

That would be an option of course, but I think that one house or one county should have the same heraldry. That´s why I don´t mix my other factions in to this guild thing :classic: