just2good

2015 Mixels Discussion

Well, white is one of the most basic colors that hasn't been done yet. I imagine it was avoided because the eyes and teeth of all the Mixels are white. I don't know what kind of theme it might correspond to, since ice is already taken by the blue ones. White and grey could maybe be used for cloud-themed Mixels.

Pink/magenta is another color family the Mixels haven't touched. Although the LEGO Group might be avoiding that since some boys would probably be hesitant to buy products where pink is the dominant color. Flowers could be a cool theme for pink Mixels. You could even use white and pink together for some type of dessert-themed Mixels.

Of course, it's also entirely possible that any new Mixels might belong to some of the already established tribes.

Ocean mixels, flying mixels, and wild animal mixels?? It will be interesting to see what they will use as the themes.

Ocean mixels sounds actually pretty likely, but considering they've done "stretchy" rubber Mixels the next series could be anything crazy...

Perhaps some electronic or computer themed Mixels, except I have no idea what the color scheme would be and I guess we already kinda got that with the Electroids...

So far the series has been mostly based on landforms (with a few exceptions) i.e. volcanoes, snowy mountains, boulders/the earth, the jungle (the new green Mixels), and I guess the desert (the tan Mixels)... So the next series must have something to do with a landform. Captain America Fan 1 is right, ocean has been one that they haven't touched yet and I would say that is the most likely, if not for this series, but for others.

I personally would like to see dinosaur Mixels, which I think is pretty likely as well...

Of course, it's also entirely possible that any new Mixels might belong to some of the already established tribes.

That would be an interesting move... Never thought of that...

I guess if they ran out of ideas they could add 3 more new figures to each tribe...

Ocean mixels

Not sure about this because of the Flexers tribe. If they did go this route, blue has already been used to represent the Frosticons.

Like Aanchir, I too am thinking pink might be used for the next roster.

Robot Mixels. Or some kind of tech-y guys. But that's mainly because I want more robots with the Mixels joints.

And what Aanchir said. Dessert themed Mixels would be great. I want some cake guys. And they could even have chef hats!

Dinosaur-inspired Mixels would be cool, since the Flexers are based off of sea creatures.

That WOULD be a cool idea! Maybe they could have a color scheme like Bright Green and Olive Green?

The big problem with coming up with brand-new color schemes is that frankly, most of the tribes have avoided sharing any of their colors other than neutral colors like white, grey, and black or transparent colors like Tr. Bright Orange and Tr. Light Blue. There aren't a whole lot of completely unused color schemes as well-coordinated as what we've already seen. Maybe Medium Lavender and Bright Reddish Violet, or Light Purple (Bright Pink) and Bright Purple (Dark Pink), or Sand Blue and Light Royal Blue (which could be cool for a shark-like Mixel, maybe).

If they add new tribes the only remaining colors to use would be Pink, Light Grey and Gold. Any other colors would be to similar to the other tribe colors.

I do hope that one of the Nixels in series 4 will be Major Nixel. And maybe some new Nixel designs instead of the standard 3.

I've already done some Moc of my interpretation of Series 4 Mixels http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96831&hl=

Also the link isn't working for me.

Booya. I'm for anything, my series 1 and 2 Max's are getting impatient waiting for 3.

I'm kinda hoping for extras for the original tribes, can make their own Max but then have that Mix with the original one

Ok so here are my guesses: (copied from 2014 topic)

Green/Brown- Floranians With Flower theme and eyes in flowers.

Orange/Red- Madicos Group- The always red and mad theme

Black/Dark- Red Stuntors - based loosly on vechicles.

White/Gold- Peace keepers- Legendary Mixel race that is said to rule that wacky world

Maybe we could have some larger Nixel models. Perhaps a trio of Exo-Suits for them.

Edited by Agent Fusion

Three new Mixels have been revealed at Comic-Con!

41529 Nurp-Naut

41532 Burnard

41533 Globert

Burnard and Globert look like they could belong to existing tribes (Infernites and Wiztastics, respectively), but hard to tell what's up with Nurp-Naut. He's got some wacky colors for sure. Clever things are being done with the eyes — Nurp-Naut has a new half-closed eye print, Burnard has this year's ball joint eyes inside 2x2 inverted domes, while Globert has a 4x4 glowing dish with a printed 2x2 round tile as the pupil!

The wave that includes these three is launching February 2015. Price remains $4.99.

Edited by Aanchir

Nurp-naut is probably from a new space tribe-hence the astronaut design. It looks like his head rotates and has eyes on both sides! Burnard's use of the Techic-ball eyes in the inverted domes is brilliant and looks like he just ate a hot pepper. Globert could be a Wiztastic, but his name sounds like a poison tribe. Are those purple dragon wings? Yes! The new eye tiles are great, too.

So they're going in new directions this year. I like that they're branching out on concepts and becoming more varied. I hope we see some of the Mixels being female, too.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Thanks, they look nice ! I especially like Burnard.

Globert is looking pretty cool, and a potential new member of my favourite tribe (Wiztastics w00t).

Burnard is adorable, and a great addition to the Infernites.

Nurp-Naut simultaneously confuses and intrigues me, I'll have to wait for better pictures.

Edited by Agent Fusion

Well this is somewhat confusing. Burnard looks to be another Infernites Mixel. Globert might be in the Wiztastics tribe. I don't know what to make of Nurp-Nart. He could be a new tribe or his green might be part of the Glorp Corp.

If these are all new members of existing tribes. Then I'll take a pass on them. I already have picked out what Series 3 Mixels I'm going to get and I only want one of each tribe.

Edited by Takanuinuva

So what is the Glorp Corp? Like, what's their theme? If they're illness-based or something (runny noses and such), could that make Nurp Naut a bubble boy?

Otherwise I'm going with space. Which, judging by the round space helmet-like face and antenna it's completely likely.

So what is the Glorp Corp? Like, what's their theme? If they're illness-based or something (runny noses and such), could that make Nurp Naut a bubble boy?

Otherwise I'm going with space. Which, judging by the round space helmet-like face and antenna it's completely likely.

I can't imagine Nurp-Naut being from the Glorp Corp. He's got the Bright Yellowish Green, but otherwise his colors are Tr. Red, White, Medium Stone Grey, and Warm Gold. Quite a wacky color scheme.

Glorp Corp I think is just generally slime-based. So Glurt is a slobbery dog, Glomp has a huge runny nose, and Torts has slime shooters for arms.

Glorp Corp is also swamp-based. Basically combining a gross location with gross bodily functions. Nurp's name and design clearly reference astronauts, so his tribe will surely be space-inspired. Burnard is perplexing, since he looks like an Infernite, and Globert could be a Wiztastic, but I don't see why only one new tribe would be introduced for the next wave.