70209: CHI Mungus

14093099480_58086c5755_b.jpg

70210: CHI Vardy

14093060348_62317b012d_o.png

70211: CHI Fluminox

14093052529_c706bbacd9_o.png

70212: CHI Sir Fangar

14279703815_1b3308fe2f_o.png

Credits to CM4S for the link and Aanchir for pointing this out in the Chima 2014 thread:

Lots of Summer sets listed on this site!

-Sci

Huh, new constraction sets. Wasn't totally expecting that. Some people are surely going to be disappointed that we're getting Laval and Cragger again, but it's interesting that some of those characters seem to be from new tribes (based on their names). Sadly, no new Legend Beasts from the look of things.

The new Chima constraction sets seem to be:

CHI Laval

CHI Cragger

CHI Mungus

CHI Panthar

CHI Sir Fangar

CHI Vardy

Edited by VBBN
temp pics added

Get hype! I'd be lying if I said I'd expected more constraction sets to be released, so this was a welcome surprise amidst the somewhat disappointing wave of summer HF.

So let's see... Panthers, Vultures, Mungus is likely a mammoth and... whatever the heck Sir Fangar ends up being. I can't help but note his set is more expensive than any of the other constraction figures.

Edited by Mesonak

Sir Fangar is a Sabre-toothed Tiger.

Loving how this Summer's sets sound. Hoping to get see some good images at the Toy Fairs.

Edited by Penkid11

Oh boy, now THOSE are some fantastic news. The CHI line deserved another wave, I find it brings both great parts and inspirtational designs.

We should of course remember that Cragger's on the good side now (= blue Chi and weapons), so we have to find only one more good guy. 2013 CHI sets were numbered so to list all 3 good guys one after the other, and then the 3 villains. So the third hero is likely Mungus.

What I'm not sure about is the bad guys' Chi colour: red Chi or green Chi like this year's Swamp Tribes? I'm heading for red myself, as those animals don't sound like swamp fauna....but I would really love some new weapons and parts in tr. bright green! Either way, it should be like this:

CHI Laval- Lion, blue

CHI Cragger- Crocodile

CHI Mungus- Mammoth (?), blue

CHI Panthar- Panther, red/green

CHI Sir Fangar- Saber-toothed tiger (?), red/green

CHI Vardy - Vulture (?), red/green

As pointed out, Sir Fangar is slightly more expensive- he's 5050 forint, likewise Splitter Beast is 5040 forint. So Sir is going to be a 20 Euro set. Wonder how big/complex he's going to be..

Edited by Shakar

ok, so cragger is switched to good side. he will get a new mold, i get it. but laval?

we didn't get rhogon either.

and 2014 have spider and scorpion tribe. why didn't lego include at least one of them on ultrabuild line?

ok, so cragger is switched to good side. he will get a new mold, i get it. but laval?

we didn't get rhogon either.

and 2014 have spider and scorpion tribe. why didn't lego include at least one of them on ultrabuild line?

I doubt Cragger will get a new mold, the current one is fine as it is. We'll probably get the same molds of Laval's and Cragger's heads but with different printing.

Really looking forward to these sets. Since HF went all mecha this year, my craving for true Lego action figures hasn't been satisfied, and this fills in the gap perfectly. Last year's Chima constraction wave was fantastic, some of them were my favourite sets for the year. Can't wait for pictures! Only a month and a half to go till Toy Fair.

Well, this is exciting news indeed. Though I didn't buy any of the sets last year, this year I may just to have some more larger sized figures. (Based on what we saw from the video of the HF sets so far, there isn't much I'll be getting from that wave unless the sets are more awesome in person. maybe bulk for the figure but that's it) I'm also hoping for some really great recolors, perhaps some nice new colors of bones since all HF is giving us is really just black and azure.

I slightly screwed up my list, forgetting about 70211 "Hiànzik" (= "missing", courtesy of Google Translate :grin: ). This is more like it:

70206 CHI Laval (49 pieces)

70207 CHI Cragger (58 pieces)

70208 CHI Panthar (59 pieces)

70209 CHI Mungus (64 pieces)

70210 CHI Vardy (68 pieces)

70211 CHI ??? (91 pieces)

70212 CHI Sir Fangar (97 pieces).

The list seems less random right now! So we're getting 5 15 Euro figures and, just like I wanted to see, two 20 Euro figures. We haven't had a "regular" big humanoid since Black Phantom (I don't count Jet Rocka or Evo XL M.), so this should be fun to see!

Now, looking at the list again, Panthar might be the new good guy afterall, while Mungus and Vardy (of course! Vultures are, like, totally pure evil!) are bad guys. The two big sets are 99% going to be a hero and a villain. Sir Fangar screams bad guy to me (new Big Bad after Spynlyn?), so the missing set is a large hero. I hope it's not SuperLavalTotallyNotARockaExpy. Sadly I doubt it's Eris, kids just want a big heroic male lion.. if it's not Laval, I would really like to see Lavertus.

LoC action figures ?

SANDCASTLES.png?1318627593

It's nice to see new tribes. Now I want pictures, because I have absolutely no idea how those new sets could look like.

I'm frankly surprised we'll get a second constraction Chima wave. The first one was partially prone to shelf-warming around here, I believe.

But it's a surprise I appreciate! Just like Lockon Stratos, I'm super-happy we'll still get some large-scaled action dudes, even while Hero Factory is going mecha these days.

I'm really curious how they'll twist Cragger's and Laval's designs to justify new sets for them, but I'm far more excited about the new characters!

I'm frankly surprised we'll get a second constraction Chima wave. The first one was partially prone to shelf-warming around here, I believe.

There are lots of them sitting around where I live, too.

-Gata signoff.png

LoC action figures ?

SANDCASTLES.png?1318627593

It's nice to see new tribes. Now I want pictures, because I have absolutely no idea how those new sets could look like.

What he said. I hope the new Cragger is'nt too much like Vastus. Edited by ToaJallerReborn

If it weren't for the Fire&Ice theme of the summer playsets, I'd be hoping for green Chi creatures. Considering the playset names, I have my suspicions that the "Missing" set is a phoenix. I'd love to be proved wrong though, especially if we get a scorpion or spider instead.

I think Summer got past the Swamp Beasts. Looks like Chima is going the route of Bionicle 2003 ot HF 2011, dividing the year into two story arcs. So, Winter 2014 is the "Outlands Tribes Arc", while Summer 2014 is the "Fire vs Ice" arc.

I really wanted to see a Bat, a Spider or a Scorpion though.

I just hope the characters aren't turned into cliched fire and ice warriors. If they bring something new to equip Furno and Stormer with I'm in, but if they overuse Pyrox flames recolours then I'd prefer if the figures followed the "energy weapons" theme the 2013 CHI figures and LoC in general use. Generic energy weapons are great anyway- you can give put them on just about any figure.

I'm really curious how they'll twist Cragger's and Laval's designs to justify new sets for them, but I'm far more excited about the new characters!
I'm very curious as well. Both figures, compared to their 2013 counterparts use less pieces*. So I'm kind of excepting slightly less complex designs.

*= Laval: 55 pcs -> 49 pcs, Cragger: 65 pcs -> 58 pcs

Edited by Shakar

well we don't know what 70211 is. Maybe it's a scorpion.

I hope so! The last scorpion based constraction fig we got was Vorox, and he's broken.

Edited by Jetrax99

I hope so! The last scorpion based constraction fig we got was Vorox, and he's broken.

there's still scorpio, tough?

This is great News. Since Laval and Cragger are using less pieces than last time, Lego may add new Molds for summer Sets. We know Laval and Cragger are good. Vardy and Panthar are bad. But the other guys Idk. Also their might be a phoenix set coming up for Chima

Nice translations!

Just a few corrections:

70141-Vardy’s Ice Vulture Shuttle

70142- Eris’s Fire Eagle Aeroplane

70143-Sir Fangar’s Saber-toothed walker/stepper (like an AT-AT)

70144- Laval’s Fire Lion

70145-Maula’s Ice Mammoth walker (see 70143)

70146-Flying Fire Phoenix Temple

70149-Searing Blades

70150- Flaming Claws

70151-Frozen Spears

70152- Lava eruption

70153-Fang Trap

70154-Frozen Fortress

70155-Infernal Pit

70156-Fire and Water

Fire=good, ice=bad. Mammoths, Vultures and Sabre-toothed Tigers are bad guys. So Panthers are good guys. It makes sense, panthers live in a environment similar to the World of Chima, so an alliance with the tribes we know would be possible. Meanwhile Mammoths and Sabre-toothed Tigers come from a completely different environment like the Badlands tribes. Dunno about the Vultures.

oh my god! scorpions! please, please let it be true!

Remember, Furty, and Skinnet also had designs for constraction figures, and we know how that turned out...

It would be a shame, and a missed opportunity as I would kill for a Spinlyn constraction figure.