Rufus

WINNERS: Architecture Building Contest

6870913259_3f3ed3d1dc_z.jpg

Architecture Building Contest - Results and Winners!

What an amazing contest! :wub: There were so many fantastic entries - the quality far exceeded our expectations. :cry_happy: On behalf of the Eurobricks Staff, I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took part, and to everyone who took the trouble to vote. To those who didn't win - bad luck, but don't be disheartened - this was an extremely high-quality contest. :thumbup:

A Reminder of the Prizes

1st Prize: 21010 Robie House (worth 199 Euro)

2nd prize: You get a maximum budget of 150 Euro (~198 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

3rd prize: You get a maximum budget of 50 Euro (~66US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

4th Prize: 21012 Sydney Opera House (worth 40 Euro)

5th Prize: 21011 Brandeburg Gate (worth 35 Euro)

Architecture Set prizes and worldwide shipping very kindly donated by The LEGO Group. Monetary-value prizes and world wide shipping are sponsored by Eurobricks.

Important remarks:

1. For monetary prizes, each winner is allowed to select up to 5 sets as long as the total amount is under his/her maximum budget. We won't pay you the difference between your chosen sets and your maximum budget. Each winner provides us his/her list of sets and we'll buy them on S@H (don't buy them yourself). Your sets will be shipped to you directly from LEGO Shop@Home, so make sure Shop@Home ships to your country! If not, then you can still enter and we do our best to find a solution. We will pay for the shipment on top of your budget, so you can spend the full budget on sets.
  2. If you are one of the contest winners you'll get a PM after the contest is over to workout the details (like providing us your list of sets, your shipping address, etc.)
  3. Winners will be notified in order, and will be allowed to choose a lower value prize if they wish.

How the vote was counted

• Members who registered before the start of the contest were eligible to vote.
  • Each member could cast up to 7 votes, with a maximum of 4 per entry.
  • Votes for disqualified entries were not counted
  • Any member who cast more than seven votes would be disqualified from voting (though this did not occur)
  • If a member cast more than 4 votes for an entry, only 4 were counted.

It was extremely close! Votes were counted three times, and the vote tallies checked carefully against each other. Ties in vote counts would be decided by EB Staff.

The Winners

ArchStar.png1st Place 2. Burj Al-Arab, Dubai, United Arab Emirates by Spencer_R

med_gallery_6705_159_16819.jpg

ArchStar.png2nd Place 38. Stortinget (Norwegian Parliament Building), Oslo, Norway by Matija

med_gallery_6705_159_141076.jpg

ArchStar.png3rd Place 12. The Great Wall, China by lisqr

med_gallery_6705_159_128221.jpg

ArchStar.png4th Place 17. Kranhaus Süd, Cologne, Germany by moctown

med_gallery_6705_159_140417.jpg

ArchStar.png5th Place

There was a tie for 5th place. :sad: The Staff couldn't decide between them...

... so The LEGO Group very very kindly donated a second Brandenburg Gate! :wub:

ArchStar.pngEqual 5th Place 10. The Getty Center, Los Angeles, California, USA by unbornchikken

med_gallery_6705_159_77827.jpg

ArchStar.pngEqual 5th Place 24. Matsumoto Castle, Matsumoto, Japan by Blake Baer

med_gallery_6705_159_27385.jpg

Special thanks again to CopMike for enabling this, and to TLG for providing the extra prize! :wub:

Congratulations to the Winners! Commiserations to all of you who didn't win, but thank you all for entering and making this such a fantastic competition!

Rufus

If you've won a prize...

You will receive a PM about what to do next. Winners will be notified in order, so there may be a delay before you hear from us. Please be patient.

Please make sure you have Personal Messenger enabled in your profile.

About number 13...

13. Hagia Sophia, by Artizan was deemed to be a digital render, rather than a real LEGO model, and therefore against the rules of the contest. This was only made clear after voting commenced, so votes for number 13 weren't counted. It may have been an ineligible digital entry, but it is still a great MOC. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Index of Entries

Congrats to the winners :sweet:! And a Smiley2-BowingForward.gif to all members that entered the competition - ALL entries was great, I´ve never seen such a strong starting field!

And a :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to Rufus for keeping in together - well done :wub:!

Congratulations to the winners! :sweet::thumbup:

Amazing entries and great constest, I hope we can get another Architectre contest some time in the future.

Thanks to Rufus and the EB staff for all your hard work!

Well done everybody. And nice to see that two Brandenburg Gates are on their way! :thumbup:

Congrats to winners, they are all top-class, well earned their prizes. Wish you inspected the Hagia Sofia better and find out that it's real but oh well, It is just a contest. :)

Also, nice to see TLG being that generous on donations, good work!

Amazing contest! Many thanks to Rufus and all the other people that made it happen.

Wonderful news! I'm so happy to see who won the prizes, so well deserved. And good on you TLG!!!

Rufus, will you be publishing the full list of final tallies or is that not appropriate?

Congrats to the winners and all the builders! Thanks for an exciting contest Rufus, I almost managed to put together an entry myself. :blush:And to the voters: now we know that we should always aim for multiple ties at the top! :snicker: No, I really meant thanks CopMike and Lego! :thumbup:

Congrats everyone! Those wins are well deserved. It's too bad everyone couldn't win, but I think the votes have really spoken here. Amazing work :thumbup:

Congrats Spencer! You truly deserve it. And congrats to all other winners. And finally I'm honored to win a place in this awesome contest. :laugh:

Thanks Everyone!

Edited by lisqr

This was such a wonderful contest. Congrats to all the winners, and on a personal note, major thanks to TLG for providing another prize. :sweet:

Thanks so much to Rufus and CopMike for their work in putting together this contest.

Congrats to all the entries & Winners of prizes! How cool is Eurobricks staff to arrange this? Way!

It was really fun viewing all the creations and images of their inspirations in real life -- like a trip around the globe -- united by LEGO bricks :classic:

Congrats to the winners! This was an awesome contest and I'm glad to have participated. It was really neat seeing so many unique locations from all around the world. Thanks to Rufus and all the staff for putting this together! :sweet:

Congratulations to all the winners - worthy winners, I might add. So many fantastic entries in this contest that it was really hard to choose between them. Well done, everyone! And kudos to Rufus for organising such a great contest. I hope there'll be another one later so I can take part in the action :)

Awesome work guys... some of the best micro building I've seen in a while.

Well deserved EVERYONE! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Congratulations!

These are seriously stunning. I honestly think these would fit right in line with the official LEGO line.

A fantastic job by all!

Congratulations to all the winners!! Well deserved!

It was great to see so many amazing entries and I really enjoyed participating. Thanks so much for organizing this contest!

J

Congrats to all the winners! :thumbup:

Awesome contest. Quite honestly I think a lot of them look much more appealing than the TLG ones - much less bland in terms of building choices, not to mention awesome execution, I think I learned some new techniques just looking at the winners here.