Sign in to follow this  
tin7_creations

LEGO Heroes: Greece

Here's my entry:

3649087687_2c3dc622e2_d.jpg

LEGO Heroes Theme:

Heroes are those who act above and beyond the call of duty and in doing so give definition to courage and elevate all of us....

LEGO Heroes is a theme that tells the tales of different Heroes (real or mythical) around the World. From the serene age of Ancient Greece, to the exotic landscapes of Ancient China, this theme will bring its audience into the worlds of myths and legends, where courageous Heroes immortalize their lives in the stars!

Lego Heroes: Greece

For thousands of years, the myths from Ancient Greece have intrigued people. Their stories have enthralled us with tales of brave heroes, savage monsters, and powerful gods. Myths blend fact and fiction that can help us to better understand the behaviors, customs, and way of life of the people of Ancient Greece.

As this is only the Greece part of the theme, I have some possible Greek Heroes sets (with set descriptions), it is also a great way to introduce mythical creature elements into LEGO sets.

Perseus - The Slaying of Medusa:

Perseus sets off on a quest to bring Polydectes the head of the Gorgon Medusa.

Minifigs: Perseus, 4 Minifig Statues

Creatures: Medusa, 3 Animal Statues

Bellerophon - Slaying the Chimera:

Bellerophon on his quest to slay the Medusa.

Minifigs: Bellerophon

Creatures: Chimera, Pegasus

Jason & The Argonauts - Quest for the Golden Fleece:

Jason and his Argonauts arrive in Colchis to claim the Golden Fleece. To get the fleece, he and his men must battle guardian dragon.

Minifigs: Jason, Atlanta, Philoctetes, Orpheus, Bellerophon

Creatures: Dragon, Chiron

The Ship: Argo

Theseus - The Labyrinth:

Theseus must enter Daedalus

Edited by tin7

You work in great style, I see :wink:

To avoid falling under the license line, I'll have to ask you to exclude from this line the characters who already have a merchandize line: Hercules/Heracles and all those included (both animated and not), Cerberus (already present in Harry Potter as 'Fluffy'), ...

I understand this will strongly influence your current ideas, but there's plenty of heroes and myths that have not been used for merchandize, yet (like Perseus, Theseus and Jason & The Argonauts).

LuxorV

To avoid falling under the license line, I'll have to ask you to exclude from this line the characters who already have a merchandize line: Hercules/Heracles and all those included (both animated and not), Cerberus (already present in Harry Potter as 'Fluffy'), ...

Nonsense, nobody owns the rights to Hercules or Cerberus - theyr'e mythological characters! Not even Disney! :tongue: And the Fluffy-mold from Harry Potter could easily be re-used as Cerberus here.

The bottom line here is that this is a fictional theme, so tin7 can do whatever the heck he wants without giving a damn about any real licenses. :wink:

I say that this is a great idea, and I'd really love to see these sets made for real. I'll be looking forward to your custom minifigs for these (this is the minifig customization forum, after all). :thumb_up:

You know, this is not something I like to say to a person who spent his time in generating such great ideas; but we have to estabilish some rules.

I'm just trying to make a rule that can be fairly applied to all the entries. I know that an ancient myth has no owners, as much as I know that intellectual property often decays after 50 years.

I just see what TLG's policy is with Licenses is (they pick up themes which are famous [but not always worldwide, like for Avatar] and already have an established and well selling line of products related to them), and use it as a base for the rules.

LuxorV

That's fine, I'll just remove the stuff that involve Heracles and Cerberus. However, the question is, what of the Gods? Zeus and Hades and such have all been created in the Disney film.

That's fine, I'll just remove the stuff that involve Heracles and Cerberus. However, the question is, what of the Gods? Zeus and Hades and such have all been created in the Disney film.

I know, that's why I wrote:

and all those included

Sorry :cry_sad:

LuxorV

EDIT: I just realized that this is a contest entry, so what I wrote in this post doesn't hold anymore. Sorry. :tongue:

Those are excellent, especially the custom hair and beard pieces. :thumbup:

Your artwork reminds me of something though......

*cough*woad_raider.jpg*cough*

:wink:

Those are excellent, especially the custom hair and beard pieces. :thumbup:

Your artwork reminds me of something though......

*cough*woad_raider.jpg*cough*

:wink:

haha, ya, did you draw that? i searched that from google, and kind of used it as more or less a template, sorry if i didn't credit you. Odysseus is actually the character in the picture, I tried to make the art and fig as similar as possible. once again, sorry i didn't credit you.

Great Minifig design~

however the ancient Chinese minifig shouldnt got pig tail as that is for Qing Dynasty I swear..

Great Minifig design~

however the ancient Chinese minifig shouldnt got pig tail as that is for Qing Dynasty I swear..

I'm Chinese, I know that. TECHNICALLY, Qing Dynasty is still part of Ancient China, since they still had Emperors. It's a more 'modernized' Ancient China... Modern China began in 1912, when the Republic of China took over.

These look great! The decals are very nice, but I am most impressed by the way you have sculped the hair pieces. Such a high level of detail in such a small scale, great job. :thumbup:

Wow! Wonderful entries :thumbup: Love your accurated decals and, of course, all the nice custom details like that head or Odysseus' beard :wink:

... Odysseus' beard :wink:

And this reminds me: please, tin7, add credit for the custom items you used. Thanks :sweet:

LuxorV

haha, ya, did you draw that? i searched that from google, and kind of used it as more or less a template, sorry if i didn't credit you. Odysseus is actually the character in the picture, I tried to make the art and fig as similar as possible. once again, sorry i didn't credit you.

That's alright. :classic: It just startled me when I saw you entry. :laugh:

And this reminds me: please, tin7, add credit for the custom items you used. Thanks :sweet:

LuxorV

custom items on the entry figure only correct?

custom items on the entry figure only correct?

Did you use any elsewhere? Oh, yes, Odysseus's beard, too, please.

LuxorV

Everything packed and ready for the voting, yes? :thumbup:

The first MF pic looks great; I'll use it for the voting topic, unless you indicate another one.

LuxorV

Everything packed and ready for the voting, yes? :thumbup:

The first MF pic looks great; I'll use it for the voting topic, unless you indicate another one.

LuxorV

everything is good