Sign in to follow this  
allanp

MOC Red Hawk Rescue Helicopter

I hope you like it!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=420770

Features:

1 x M-Motor (which can spin the blades surprisingly fast!)

Fully functional duel controls for pilot and co-pilot

Joysticks tilt the rotor blades

Control levers adjust the pitch angle of the rotor blades

Upper knob wheel raises the stretcher

Yellow handle releases ratchet to drop the stretcher

Lower knob wheel raises and lowers the landing gear

Over 80cm long

Number of pieces, at a VERY rough guess ~1300 but I could be way off!

Design/build/one or two minor bug fix time 40-60 hours

The pictures need to be deeplinked. Just click on an image until you see a white background, and copy the URL/link code from there. :wink:

Sounds interesting!

Oh my God! That thing is awesome! It's motorized, it's professional, and it's huge! The front is very well built. You even managed to tune it with the back blade! The landing gear is even maneuverable, and the blade control! The only thing left to do with this would be to mechanize the winch and make it fly! :tongue:

This is an excellent MOC! :thumbup:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Oh my God! That thing is awesome! It's motorized, it's professional, and it's huge! The front is very well built. You even managed to tune it with the back blade! The landing gear is even maneuverable, and the blade control! The noly thing left to do with this would be to mechanize the winch and make it fly!

This is an excellent MOC! :thumbup:

I originally planned to motorise the winch and landing gear via the same motor through a gear box and also have the pitch of the tail rotor blades adjustable via peddals in the cockpit but I decided against it as I probably would not be able to finish it in time for the competition. Maybe I will make these changes in the future. Thankyou for your kind remarks (and for telling me how to deeplink the pictures :wink: )

It won't be long before The Lego Group says, "And the winner of the LEGO Technic Challenge Competition is.... allanp!" What a well-designed model! :thumbup: Although I had submitted a contest entry (a 4-engine cargo plane), your MOC is MUCH BETTER than anything I could do. :blush:

It won't be long before The Lego Group says, "And the winner of the LEGO Technic Challenge Competition is.... allanp!" What a well-designed model! :thumbup: Although I had submitted a contest entry (a 4-engine cargo plane), your MOC is MUCH BETTER than anything I could do. :blush:

dooooooaaaaaawwwww shuks :blush:

Thankyou!

A four engine cargo plane sounds interesting. I've wanted TLG to release a multi-engined (as in actual engines, not props) plane for ages as I think it would be cool. I've not seen any MOCs of a multi-engined plane either.

Great job! Reminds me of the rescue helicopter lego relased in the 90's. So many functions, and details! The competition is really tough!

Great job! Reminds me of the rescue helicopter lego relased in the 90's. So many functions, and details! The competition is really tough!

You have given me some tough competition too, I saw Avatar for the first time yesterday and thought of your MOC.

I really like your flying machine, allanp! :thumbup::thumbup: Best of luck in the LEGO Technic Challenge Competition!

I think this topic is worthy of the front-page! :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

Very impressive model. I love the swashplate mechanism on the main rotor. It's more compact than any others I've seen in the past. You have also done the angled beam connections around the tail wing nicely. :thumbup:

Superb MOC! I especially like the way you made the blades tilt.

This is what a studless 8856 on steroids would probably look like :thumbup:

Very well made heli! Love the swashplate and the overall look of the MOC. Bet this would sell well as an official model, it has so many things that make Technic sets great: Real functions, looks and you get so see the inner workings!

Best of luck in the competition!

I've not seen any MOCs of a multi-engined plane either.

Back in 2001 i built a Technic-fig scale (1:20) model of the C-130J Hercules:

360_10.jpg

Very well made heli! Love the swashplate and the overall look of the MOC. Bet this would sell well as an official model, it has so many things that make Technic sets great: Real functions, looks and you get so see the inner workings!

Best of luck in the competition!

Thank you :classic:

Back in 2001 i built a Technic-fig scale (1:20) model of the C-130J Hercules:

360_10.jpg

Wow that's huge! I'm guessing it has quite a lot of working functions!

Wow that's huge! I'm guessing it has quite a lot of working functions!

Yes, it had quite a few:

Elevator rudder, controlled by a large pneumatic piston

Side rudder, controlled by a small pneumatic piston

Ailerons, controlled by two small pneumatic pistons that work in opposite directions

Retractable landing gears, controlled by five large pneumatic pistons

Opening/closing loading hatch at the back, using one small and one large pneumatic piston that work in opposite directions

Steerable nose wheel, using one geared down 9V motor

Main engines rotate the propellers, uses four old style 9V motors

Automatic pneumatic compressor

More words and crap photos here: http://lotekbricks.blogspot.com/2001/04/hercules.html

Yes, it had quite a few:

Elevator rudder, controlled by a large pneumatic piston

Side rudder, controlled by a small pneumatic piston

Ailerons, controlled by two small pneumatic pistons that work in opposite directions

Retractable landing gears, controlled by five large pneumatic pistons

Opening/closing loading hatch at the back, using one small and one large pneumatic piston that work in opposite directions

Steerable nose wheel, using one geared down 9V motor

Main engines rotate the propellers, uses four old style 9V motors

Automatic pneumatic compressor

More words and crap photos here: http://lotekbricks.blogspot.com/2001/04/hercules.html

That's really awesome, lots of functions there, it even has pneumatics! :wub:

BTW i've added another picture of "BIG RED"

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/radbot/R...ehelicopter.jpg

Edited by allanp