Sign in to follow this  
Wodanis

PAB and BnP prices

Hi everyone,

It has been a few weeks since the BnP service has been back online. I've been keeping track of the pricing for PAB and BnP. Currently there have been price increases. Normally we receive price increases yearly some are reasonable and few; other times a baffling increase in price. It's rare I see a part decrease in price. I try to abstain from Bricklink as the prices listed are secondary market and flucuate significantly. This thread is just to comment on PAB and BnP services.

BnP prices are up, but what shocked me today was PAB prices increasing. Most base pieces are about .10 cents such as 1x1 tiles and bricks. Most have increased by a cent. Now you may say that is nothing. However once you start adding up your order it adds up. In my comparison of part prices for projects there have been some really odd discrepancies. In some cases I've noticed differences of .20 cents or so. I will have to look up some examples to illustrate.

One of things I've been wondering about is why are the prices increasing? A mix of popularity, production costs or just the fact that TLG can. 'More bang for money' What do others think?

Edited by Wodanis

In Australia all of the online PAB prices went up 10%. This is most likely due to inflation as most bricks have had the same price for as long as I can remember using the service(5+ years). However I haven't seen any noticeable rise in the Australian Bricks and Pieces prices.

The one thing that caught me off guard is that BnP lists the prices now. You don't have to wait for a message to see how much each piece is. I REALLY like this. In my search for cheapest prices, I will look up each piece, on PAB/BnP/BL. Most of the time I will go with the cheapest price. In some cases BnP is the cheapest price and I can get a pretty big quantity. Just in the last month or so, I've placed 2 BnP orders of around $100 US each (I limited myself) but the thing that surprised me the most is that they shipped WICKED FAST from Denmark.

When did price change happened? Was it just after BnP got back live in January?

Another positive moment - you can proceed with paying your order online, calling customer service is no longer needed. Which is very convenient when you don't have CS # in your country.

When did price change happened? Was it just after BnP got back live in January?

Another positive moment - you can proceed with paying your order online, calling customer service is no longer needed. Which is very convenient when you don't have CS # in your country.

Yes, BnP went up once the system was back online. The PAB prices only just changed a few days ago. There is a problem with online orders as when I went to do an order for parts that BnP said were in stock actually weren't. The result was that my order didn't take and I was kicked out to the home screen. I called TLG customer service and they told me that if an item is no longer available but still listed in stock the system won't accept your order, even if only one part was out of stock.

The one thing that caught me off guard is that BnP lists the prices now. You don't have to wait for a message to see how much each piece is. I REALLY like this. In my search for cheapest prices, I will look up each piece, on PAB/BnP/BL. Most of the time I will go with the cheapest price. In some cases BnP is the cheapest price and I can get a pretty big quantity. Just in the last month or so, I've placed 2 BnP orders of around $100 US each (I limited myself) but the thing that surprised me the most is that they shipped WICKED FAST from Denmark.

Yup depending on your country. For Canadians like myself it's 10-14 business days for shipments from Denmark. 17-22 days for PAB shipments. I've stated elsewhere on the forums but state it here as well. PAB order come out of the facility in Poland and are sent using DHL. BnP from Denmark shipped via regular post. The Denmark shipments are also reduced shipping charge for more expensive orders over $100. :wub:

I too noticed the pricing increase.

I'm in Canada.

I usually have much of my lego shipped to a friend in the US. But everything PAB was the same in CAD and USD. Now there's a disparity. I don't believe that the US price went up, but problem with that theory is that the Canadian dollar is falling against the US dollar, the Euro and British Pound seem to be rallying against the US dollar.