79 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

INDEXED

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! Glad we have the new Lego City sets.

Here is my review of the 3222 Set.

Initial info:

38cm (l) x 26.5cm (h) x 7cm (w)

605 grams - Total

163 grams - Box Only

Pieces? (Too tired to count them using the instructions)

So this set was the cheapest of the main vehicles of the airport set.

The Helicopter measures 33cm and from one end of the rotor to the other is also 33cm.

The Limo measures 21 cm long.

Took approx an hr with taking pictures in mind to build.

The helicopter is pretty nice as it has spinning rear and top rotors. Again no landing gear inserts.

The blue colour is nice and rich. Inside it looks slightly cramped but I guess it's the size is small so not much detail inside.

Nothing really negative about the heli itself pretty much as I expected. Oh the tail part is a sticker! LEGO make up your mind! Sticker or no sticker for the tails! Geez!

The limo is nice and long, it has 3 minifigs (driver, male and female passenger.

It has what looks to be a DVD screen inside, tinted (black) rear and side windows.

There are split doors for the passengers at the back which is a nice touch.

The bad things about the limo is that the wheels look WAYYY too big for the car, it's like it has been pimped out with wide wheels!

Would have liked to have clear windows for the passengers and the front driver. There is hardly any room inside the back for the two minifigs to do anything. But I guess it's a small car so yea.

Anyways here are the pictures and some comments:

Box Front:

P1020570%20(Small).JPG

Box Rear:

P1020572%20(Small).JPG

Contents:

P1020715%20(Small).JPG

Book 1:

P1020716%20(Small).JPG

Book 2:

P1020717%20(Small).JPG

Stickers:

P1020720%20(Small).JPG

Minifigs:

P1020721%20(Small).JPG

P1020735%20(Small).JPG

I dont want to clog up the website so I'll just link my brickshelf page so people can see the images of the build.

But here are some interesting pics:

Top view of limo:

P1020733%20(Small).JPG

Inside helicopter:

P1020739%20(Small).JPG

Tail:

P1020742%20(Small).JPG

Front:

P1020743%20(Small).JPG

Heli:

P1020754%20(Small).JPG

Final:

P1020748%20(Small).JPG

I'd give it overall 3.9/5

Not my cuppa but interesing never the less.

More pictures will be avaliable at brickshelf when they make the folder public:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=418203

Edited by d00dz

i love the limo but i would rather it was alone in the set.

the heli is pretty nice but i am not in love with it!

maybe i can build the limo from the parts i have already

im so happy its 4 wide!!

thanx for the review!!

Thanks for the great review!

I was looking forwards to a review of this set. I don't think Lego has done limo's before, and this looks like a nice try.

And the helicopter is a lot nicer than I'd expected: especially the interior looks nicely detailed.

I am of the opinion, however, that the limo needs more bikini babes.

Thanks for the snappy review d00dz. We bought this set yesterday. It must be a mistake that it was released here before anywhere else. This set is a very nice addition to the airport theme Lego have got going this year. :sweet:

Great review! I have enjoyed all of your Airport/line reviews you have done :classic:

However they make me want them all and that is a bad thing :grin:

My personal favorite of the "Flight" sets.

The Helicopter is really very nice and quite easily one of the best done by LEGO.

Ah yes the sticker on the tail :laugh:

I thought it was funny how it has an Air Taxi sticker as I thought the guy in the suit owned it outright, not as rich as we thought huh? :tongue:

The limo is the huge eye catcher of this set as I don't think there has ever been a limo done by LEGO. There is a first time for everything I guess.

Both have decent interiors, the limo gets bonus for having that TV :grin:

As for the Minifigures, they are great. I especially like the stewardess :wub:

Now maybe a new suit torso for the rich guy would have been nice but you can't have everything I suppose.

I might buy this full price or wait for the clearance

:wink:

I've been "flying" my chopper around the house all day! :tongue: Thanks for posting the photos; it's a rare thing when we get sets first.. and it's so weird that it's still not on S@H yet.

Another helicopter/limo thread? We already have one & another was merged this morning

:sceptic: It's a review. There's nothing wrong with multiple review topics.

It must be a mistake that it was released here before anywhere else.

Hmm, not so sure about that, maybe they're testing the market in Australia to get an idea of production numbers when it gets released worldwide.

That helicopter looks pretty darn good by the way. Better than the pictures suggest. Limo is kinda out of proportion (too narrow for it's length), ideally it would be 5-wide I guess.

Thank you very much for this great review, d00dz! :classic:

If there would be a poll added to this topic I would vote for

Outstanding

Cons:

-helicopter imo too huge

-no doors in the heli :thumbdown:

-no seats in the limousine

Pros:

-many accessory

-limo only four studs wide

-great interior inside the heli :thumbup:

-great minifigure selection :wub:

-very well designed helicopter :oh:

-awesome design of the limousine :wub:

All in all this is imo an outstanding set since it pleases those people which want a new civilian helicopter and those which want a limousine - and of course even those which want both.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for this great review, d00dz! :classic:

If there would be a poll added to this topic I would vote for

Outstanding

Cons:

-helicopter imo too huge

-no doors in the heli :thumbdown:

-no seats in the limousine

Pros:

-many accessory

-limo only four studs wide

-great interior inside the heli :thumbup:

-great minifigure selection :wub:

-very well designed helicopter :oh:

-awesome design of the limousine :wub:

All in all this is imo an outstanding set since it pleases those people which want a new civilian helicopter and those which want a limousine - and of course even those which want both.

Klaus-Dieter

I'm with Klaus-Dieter; well put, sir. This is a great concept for a set adding a new type of vehicle Lego has never done as a system set before. While there appear to be a few small problems, it's still a solid set and appears to definitely be one of the best of the 2010 City line.

Cool review, but I can't say the same for the set. It's okay, but there's nothing really special about this. It just looks like a big and basic MOC. :sceptic:

Edited by prateek

The set is okay but the helicopter is almost an exact clone of the 7206 fire helicopter.

Also, I wish the limo is 6-wide. It's supposed to be luxurious but the set's version seems painful to ride in! Its ust so cramped! With a 6-wide, you can fit a couch, a mini bar, etc...

Edited by ImLost

Nice review. The only reason I'd buy this set is for the girl fig though. The limo looks too block and should be black.

Good review, I also got this set yesterday after seeing your pics on Brickshelf.

:)

Lego should be giving me some free sets to review! :P

:)

Lego should be giving me some free sets to review! :P

They should after you spent so much on those aliens.

Thanks for the review!

I picked this up too and was pleasantly surprised. The limo is kind of cramped but it looks OK. The helicopter is better than expected and I'm even adjusting to the new nose pieces (I still prefer the Sea Plane :wink:). I do like that this looks like a helicopter and is not overly small, overly large or too complicated like the World City ones and the 2006 Rescue one.

There are lots of nice parts in the sets too, like the blue plane windows :thumbup: and blue cupboards.

Most of all, the concept is just great. Who doesn't love a set based around whisking a businessman from his air taxi into an intimately cramped limousine where he sits sipping champagne with an attractive woman? :grin:

They should after you spent so much on those aliens.

I emailed Lego asking them if they could sell me the minifigs, but they said they cannot do that due to licensing issues. :(

Now BL are selling them $2-3$ cheap ther than I got it for. :( Doh! Coulda saved $45 or so.

License issues?? This is not a licensed set though...

Regardless, this is a great review you got d00dz. Thanks for the pictures. I wonder when it will be available in canada.

License issues?? This is not a licensed set though...

I guess they are talking about the toy story aliens he bought by the pound..

it was cool that they tried, but lego failed with the limo in my opinion. as people have already mentioned, it is way too narrow and cramped. looks bad.

i will not be purchasing this set unless there is a ridiculous sale.

I think the set would be a big winner if the limo was bigger/wider and the tires don't seem to go with a limo either.

Would've been fun to have a wider vehicle to have a bar set inside and can seat more figures and make a moon roof too.