Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

My very first MOC - Treebeard

I've collected lego for 18 years now and only ever built and diplayed sets......ocassionally i've played with them, but who hasn't :tongue:

I've somehow managed to amount around 35 kilos of mixed lego be it from carboots or ebay and i decided to sort it in preperation for the LOTR sets.

So i started putting a few bits together while sorting and before i knew it i was making a MOC for the first time! :laugh:

Appologies for any out of place colours, it's difficult to find them within the mess sometimes so i'll replace them when i find them :wink:

So anyway, go easy on me, i've only ever observed techniques you guys use and never put them into practice :blush:

Here he is so far...

img_1786.jpg

img_1787.jpg

img_1788.jpg

He's looking pretty good so far! I like what you've done with the hand; the minifig legs make for a nice, thick hinge piece. The beard looks nice too! Speaking of hinges, have you considered hinge plates for the elbow? These parts (and they come in brown and green): http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2429c01

Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more progress on it.

He's looking pretty good so far! I like what you've done with the hand; the minifig legs make for a nice, thick hinge piece. The beard looks nice too! Speaking of hinges, have you considered hinge plates for the elbow? These parts (and they come in brown and green): http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2429c01

Wow thanks! :sweet: never occured to me and i do have a few lying about :thumbup:

I'll put them in when i get around to filling out the arms a bit more, thanks for your support!

looking really good! eager for more updates

do you have merry/pippin figs?

Well i've finished him! :sweet: I'm pretty happy with how he turned out :thumbup:

Now all i have to do is wait for my lego to come from the US and i can use the real Merry and Pippin :hmpf_bad:

Enjoy! :classic:

(he is a tad unstable because I made one knee higher than the other like in the movie :tongue: But i plan to put him on a baseplate for display)

tree1.jpg

img_1790.jpg

img_1791.jpg

img_1792.jpg

img_1793.jpg

Edited by TheDoctor

Woah. Awesome! This is one of the best Treebeard MOCs I've seen so far. :thumbup: Love it!

Thank you very much! :sweet: I still think i'm going to refine it here and there.

It helped that i have the original Treebeard figure to work from :wink: