Sign in to follow this  
GrimmClaw

Harborside Tarvern

thindexedgif.gif 155a

This is actually my first Pirate MOC. I tried to use the architecture LEGO had in its Imperial sets like 6277 while incorporating some Greek Island architecture too. Not entirely accurate to the Pirate era, but I think it turned out okay.

img2173ym1.jpg

The whole set.

img2177qh9.jpg

Tavern. It was based on 6267 Lagoon Lockup, with a window and colored roof, open area, and side doors. I didn't exactly have any lattice windows, though. Not too similar.

img2179ep2.jpg

Entrance. There's a small lamp on the side.

img2181ax2.jpg

The inside. Includes three chairs, two tables, and an ordering front. You can pick up food inside or order outside on the go.

img2185wc1.jpg

The front.

img2187yk0.jpg

Ladder to the roof with some ornate decoration.

img2189nb2.jpg

I ran out of plain yellow 2x1 bricks so I used ones with holes in them. I made it look a little nicer with white round pieces.

img2190de3.jpg

The house nearby. The little hinged roof also functions as a door. I also used a SNOT technique by making flat white 2x1 pieces appear as irregular bricks. I eventually ran out of blue headlight pieces, so I couldn't do the same thing on the sides.

img2191ey3.jpg

Side view. A couple of bottles are on the wall.

img2192gv3.jpg

Chimney. Did they have chimneys back then?

img2196sf5.jpg

The roof can be removed to reveal the inside. There's a fireplace, chair, and a table.

img2197ej2.jpg

The steps leading into the house.

img2206lb5.jpg

Back view.

That's it. There's a couple of more pics at my Brickshelf (once moderated):

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=339103

This is actually my first Pirate MOC. I tried to use the architecture LEGO had in its Imperial sets like 6277 while incorporating some Greek Island architecture too. Not entirely accurate to the Pirate era, but I think it turned out okay.

When the picture first loaded I thought "Hey, that looks very Mediterranean!" so for me, you've hit the Greek Island aesthetic right on the head.

Other than that I think it looks very "summer breezely" if there's such a way to describe a building.

Nice first-time LEGO MOC. Like the roof of the tavern and especially the decorations at the ladder. Except for the yellow at the top. It breaks the look I think. Did you ran out of blue ones?

As suggested you should add some minifigs. Even if you haven't got any "real" lego-pirate you should add some, 'cause at the moment it looks really deserted. The food gets cold :pir_bawling: And talking of the food.. not sure that pirates had "food to go".. but it's a nice idea though :pir-laugh:

As Mister Phes said: it sure looks Mediterranean, so you did well. But it's a but too much of the white and blue for my taste. It kinda looks cold there because of the colours :pir_laugh2: Pirates in a snow storm :pir-grin:

I see the insiration from the lagoon lockup, and you've also done the TLC-architecture good.

ooh.. and if you've got one you might add a flag. Either soldier or pirate, it would make it a bit more 'pirate-ish' I think.

A pretty detailed design in a very fresh color scheme. A charming work indeed! :pir-classic:

The Corsairs of the Barbery Coast would have no doubt visited this tavern when they were holidaying in Greece :pir-grin:

Say GrimmClaw, when you were building this MOC did you use any reference pictures or did it just turn out like that?

When the picture first loaded I thought "Hey, that looks very Mediterranean!" so for me, you've hit the Greek Island aesthetic right on the head.

Other than that I think it looks very "summer breezely" if there's such a way to describe a building.

I've had exactly the same thoughts as Mister Phes when seeing the pics and I couldn't write it better, so I'll just quote the Lord Admirals words.

All territories around the Mediterranean sea and the islands in it are my favorite place for holidays. Seeing the pics of your MOC I got the Mediterranean feeling. Nice work on the MOC and the pictures. I hope you'll explore this building style even more in the future and bring us some more wonderful creations.

I like it , it looks Mediterranean as Bonaparte and Mister phes said, when I see your MOC I want to sit on you tavern roof and take a sunbath drinking a refreshing beer ^^