WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 2 Building Contest

[CATEGORY A Entries]

gallery_2351_109_105104.jpg

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 2. It can be Town, Medieval or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and minifigures to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Where would you display one of these in the above categories?

53.jpg

Mexican ~ Weightlifter ~ Pop Star ~ Traffic Cop ~ Lifeguard ~ Jungle Explorer ~ Spartan ~ Vampire

Pharaoh ~ Witch ~ Mime Artist ~ Ringmaster ~ Karate Master ~ DJ ~ Surfer ~ Skier

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes is allow as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 2 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure you create a home for, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 2 in your official entry pictures. You may use accessories that already existed, like the bow, but not new ones from Series 2 like the microphone, for example. Please note Series 1 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. No placeholder minifigure (Series 2) can be used to reflect the actual position in the entry.
  8. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  9. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  10. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  11. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  12. No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  13. The contest begins now and will end on the 28th of September, 2010 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  14. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  15. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

WhiteFang

This is my entry for the home of the pharaohs!

Getting a call after years of searching, the professor quickly headed off to Egypt in search of the grail. there was talk that during the great crusades a group of brothers had taken it with them, hiding it in the desert, but he new better. the truth was that a pharaoh had found it during his conquest of Israel, and taken it back to his throne room as a trophy. Little did the professor realize that this pharaoh was still alive!

He searched long and hard for the entrance, and finally finding it had his ultimate goal in sight. He charged in, ready to take it, when Admiral Ackbar appeared out of nowhere screaming "its a trap!" into his brain like an air raid siren.

4998660532_2da1cbefa8_z.jpg

Sure enough, old fish face had been right, as the trap door activated, and he was doomed to land straight in the pharaoh's lap, listening to stale two thousand year old jokes for all eternity.

4998660060_fcc1a5a98d_z.jpg

And a bonus shot, of him about to seize the grail from the side:

4998660422_33cf680b27_z.jpg

Thats my entry in a nutshell, hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by Fires-storm

Minifig: Traffic Cop

Theme: Town

The Traffic Cop was out on his daily patrol on the hunt for speeders. However, he got radioed to an accident containing a motor vehicle running onto the sidewalk and hitting a fire hydrant. To his surprise it wasn't a fast sports car, nor a large SUV: instead it was a lawnmower. Turns out the driver was "Mean Green", winner of the Brickyard 600 race held the previous weekend. Seems he had one to many drinks and he thought he racing on the track. He lost control of his "race car" and swerved into a fire hydrant. Water lines have been shut for an hour to avoid flooding the street. Mean Green was arrested by Traffic Cop for DUI and destruction of city property.

copvignette1.png

Traffic Cop would be on the sidewalk, handcuffs at the ready, to arrest Mr. Green.

Two more images can be seen here. (When moderated)

Edited by Yoshi648

This one is for the vampire

Jim the vampire hunter is off with his trusty shotgun to hunt this new threat.

Front view

entrypic1.jpg

Top view

entrypic2.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Passed

Well, here's my entry.

Theme: The Beach

Minfigure: Lifeguard

A lifeguard's post worthy of a queen. Obviously designed to seat a lifeguard very comfortably to watch over the beach in search of drowning swimmers(There's an oxymoron).

So Enjoy!

dscf4105.jpg

Edited by Dan Church

Here's my entry.

4991309337_42567244a0.jpg

This scene is from the Wizard of Oz, one of the most beloved movies of all time. It uses the Witch, which here would be The Wicked Witch of the West.

Yes, that is Dorothy if you didn't realize that already. I even thought of her Ruby Shoes!

I have to give some credit to the '101 uses for army men' topic for the idea. Thanks guys!!

Edited by cralegoboy

Setting: Nightclub

Minifigure: DJ

Entrance:

dsc01049.jpg

Featuring the printed Lego Club sign and a red barrier which extends into the pavement for queueing.

Inside:

dsc01051.jpg

The high tech club features a disco ball and a raised podium for the DJ to stand behind while mixing. There is a shelf for storing records.

Alternative View:

dsc01052.jpg

This other view of the inside shows more of the dancefloor and the front of one of the many speakers dotted around the club.

Minifigure: "Karate Master"

"And the Oscar goes to..."

1.jpg

Drum roll...

3.jpg

2.jpg

"Jackie Chan!"

The Karate guy is Jackie Chan winning an Oscar... :laugh:

Edited by noname

Title: Disco time

Figure: Disco Stu

This is my entry. Disco Stu was at home, enjoying the new Disco Ball and bright lights he had just installed in his living room. I hope you like it!!

4975974063_dc678b88fc_z.jpg

4976585242_1a6cac97c0_z.jpg

Edited by absolutelylez

Title: Olympic Men's Downhill

Figure: Skier

slalom_oblique_640.jpg

slalom_front_400.jpgslalom_otherside_400.jpg

Hope you like it! :sweet:

This is one of my first attempts at a MOC and my first to go public. I have limited bricks and even more limited "vision".

Pharaoh, over seeing construction, just a small accident.

pyr1.jpg

pyr2.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang
Passed, but you might want to improve on your second image

Title: Explorer room

Figure: Explorer

4971522088_6d840535de_z.jpg

Bird cage detail

4970908639_046a7cae03.jpg

I hope that you like it :grin:

I love these minifigs, even if it drives me nuts trying to collect them all! I have an army of cowboys but not a single pompom girl... (second series have not arrived yet where I live!)

Anyway, here's my entry.

Thor

SpartianThor.png

Edited by Thor Lund

Here is my Entry

Theme: Concert

Minifigure: Singer

Of course when you go to a concert, do you expect a person to stand up on stage(by themselves) and sing?

NO! So, here is my entry. In the front you can see a Microphone I made using Lego Pieces, and in the back is a guitarist.

And behind him are lights/speakers. Obviously, this is a rock singer, because why else would the guitarist have a ripped shirt on? :laugh:

Picture 1

IMG_0461.jpg

Picture 2

IMG_0465.jpg

Be sure to check out my Photobucket page for more views!

So, enjoy my entry!!

Edited by The_Customizer

Here is my Entry.

Figure: Lifeguard

The former TV Star is enjoying a sunbath at the pool on her newly bought designer sunbed. She loves to wear the swimsuit from the show that made her famous :wink:

A really nice sight for a paparazzi.

0001rf.jpg

0002xm.jpg

0003sz.jpg

Hi,

Please don't mind the color of my bricks.. these are 20 years old or so!

Anyway, this is my entry for the contest (also my first public MOC!)... I'm not even sure what it's called in English, I believe it's a chairlift! Bottom line it's the thing you sit on to get to the top of the ski slopes...

I have seen already a couple of entries for the skier but all of them are going down... Hey guys, didn't you think our friend should first get to the top of the slopes before he can actually ski!? :wink:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Here's my entry.

Figure: Disco Dude

It is based off the description of Disco Dude on LEGO's website.

Disco Dude

The Disco Dude has built a time machine to take him back to the 1970's to relive the days when Disco dancing was popular.

The unsuspecting dancers are caught by surprise when the Disco Dude's time machine suddenly appears right on the dance floor!

Here it is:

disco_dude_vignette.jpg

Another Angle:

another_angle.jpg

Close up:

another_view.jpg

Brickshelf (when public)

Edited by Optimus

Theme: Adventurers (Jungle)

Minifig: Explorer

The Explorer and his partner were deep in the Mesoamerican jungle when they came across a miraculous find-a previously unknown Aztec temple! Well, except to that unfortunate adventurer on the steps! :pirate_skel1: His partner found a sturdy vine to climb up to the third floor, avoiding any traps that might lie on their way up. However, his greed overtook him when his saw a shiny treasure, and he failed to look at the ceiling. He died instantly from the ax that swung down and killed him. The Explorer went on to find many important artifacts and became very rich and famous.

4978254816_a8fe23acd7.jpg

4978251786_b06dd9042d.jpg

Link to YouTube video

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the result. :classic: If I had more space, I totally would of devised a mechanism to release the axe then the icon was removed. I'm glad I could get a moving feature into it, so it'll stand out from the rest (so far).

Enjoy!

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed video deeplink and amend it to link only

Title: The mysterious skeleton

Figure: Explorer

So, here is my entry for the contest. The story:

Dr. Dr. Dr. Mr. Discoveris searches the legendary skeleton with the golden helmet. Will he find?

1284199763m_display.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1284199744m_display.jpg

1284199714m_display.jpg

And my mocpages:

KLICK ME!

I hope you like it :blush:

(Yes, I know I already got an entry, but Whitefang said that he will delete my first one :wink: )

Ewok

Title: Last Call

Minifig: Witch

Last call down at the village pub. The witch and her hirsute (hairy) friend are having a girls night out when some guys across the pub buy them some drinks. Pickings must be pretty slim this time of night.

4984721841_89da319378.jpg

4985343768_398a9acfec.jpg

insert low pitched "Yoo hoo!" here

4985353332_f838cc97e6.jpg

The bartender just does as he's told and hands the drink to the witch

My Flickr stream: My Flickr Stream

Fig: Vampire

09132010256.jpg

Watch out!!! The vampire is coming out of the shadow! *oh2*

09132010255.jpg

09132010258.jpg

How the stars are made.

Edited by lisqr

Blood Drain

This is for the Vampire.

The nurse wondered when the vampires found out about the blood bank as they were becoming a real drain on the system.

4987376655_0b50e5ac01.jpg

4987977158_57099189be.jpg

4987375583_6f6be9808e.jpg

The Vampire sits on the hospital bed and the bat sits on the stud on top of the refrigerator.

These are the only three photos I've taken without the Vampire , as required by the rules of the contest.

However, you can check out the complete set on Flickr if you are interested in seeing the vignette with the Vampire included: Blood Drain on Flickr

Also, WhiteFang, I know the rules state that some reasonable overhang is ok.

I hope you don't mind that I've made the base fractionally larger by adding the tiled border (I had to find a way to hide the technic bricks that the base is made from), as the actual vignette is still 8 x 8. If this is a major problem I can remove it, but I can't see that it is any different than having an overhang within the actual vignette.

Edited by Darkblane

The Dogsledder's Refuge

The Skier is having a bit of a mishap during today's downhill blast - he lost control and fell off the designated slope, tumbling down a wooded hill to the side, injuring himself and breaking a ski!

When he finally came to a stop, he had no idea where he was. He started trying to find his way back to the resort, but didn't know which way to go. He searched for hours without luck, and then, to his dismay, a fierce snowstorm began.

He desperately tried to find his way in the blowing wind and snow, but to no avail. He was lost, wet, and hungry, and in danger of freezing soon.

He was about to collapse and give himself up to the elements, when he caught a flicker of light in the distance...

Taking heart, the skier summoned his last bit of strength and set off towards the light. He eventually came upon it and found...

2headon-flash1.jpg

A dogsledder and his two dogs, taking shelter in a little cave underneath a great snowbank! The three of them are huddled close, warming themselves around a small fire that the sledder had managed to light (and the gusting wind is threatening to put out!).

Relieved, the skier trudges over, hoping the dogsledder will be kind enough to make room for him in the little cave...

Couple more pictures:

Without flash:

1headon-noflash.jpg

Better view of the sled:

5top-flash.jpg

There are a bunch more pictures on my Brickshelf, including the dogsledder "mushing" :laugh:

Edited by Erynion