I eventually got time to finish a Phase II build; it appears that I will probably only get the stables done in time though :grin:

Uridius often leaves his horse in this small stable/cabin outside Valholl on his visits to the capital, going to see it often to make sure it is well fed and taken care of.

13961924575_c1957400d7_z.jpg

An overview shot:

13961924335_bd386659e4_z.jpg

I would like to receive UoP credits for the following subject:

Architecture: wall techniques - wooden walls

C&C are welcome :classic:

Nice job! I like the first pic with the leaves as grass covering the entire foreground! :thumbup:

Looks really nice! I like that technique on walls!

Perhaps a little path leading up to the cabin?

I really like the log cabin look to the stable, nice job.

Edited by Torgar

Thanks all! :classic:

Nice! It seems like the door is a bit low though.

I believe it is about minifig size, though it is a bit low for the horse :grin:

Nice job! I like the first pic with the leaves as grass covering the entire foreground! :thumbup:

Thanks, MK, that was the idea :wink: I actually meant to make a border and cover the rest of the ground in the entire build, but didn't get around to it as I was a little hurried to get the Phase III build done in time to build a ship before the GNAR deadline (still working on that - Phase III, I mean :grin: )

Looks really nice! I like that technique on walls!

Perhaps a little path leading up to the cabin?

Thanks, credit for the wall technique goes to SK (at least that is where I got it from). A path probably would have been a good idea, I hadn't thought of that :classic:

Edited by Garmadon

That's a nice approach with the leaf covered ground, but I think its slightly too repetitive for a big area like you have. The cabin is still wonderful! :classic:

I like the roof a lot. It looks better to me than many of the other attempts I've seen to do a thatched or straw look.

That's a nice approach with the leaf covered ground, but I think its slightly too repetitive for a big area like you have. The cabin is still wonderful! :classic:

Thanks HammerBro, I agree that it is a bit repetitive for the bigger pic :grin:

I like the roof a lot. It looks better to me than many of the other attempts I've seen to do a thatched or straw look.

It actually was a bit annoying as it seriously restricted the angle of the pic; I tried various times to put a side on it but it didn't work :wacko:

Thanks though :wink:

PU DoH +1. Cute little building!

Thanks! :classic:

Great foliage! Love the use of log bricks!

Thanks Infernum!

@Kaliphlinians, I am still missing one credit for wooden walls :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

Excellent stable, the log bricks work very nicely :thumbup: Cool roof with those dark tan 1x2 plates as well, I'm looking forward to your Phase 3 build :classic:

Excellent stable, the log bricks work very nicely :thumbup: Cool roof with those dark tan 1x2 plates as well, I'm looking forward to your Phase 3 build :classic:

Thanks SK, actually the only reason that I used the 1x2s was because I had nothing else in dark tan with me in large enough quantities to make a roof out of :laugh:

This was really more of a intermediate build to get me to Phase III which I plan to make a lot bigger :wink: (I will also use it to introduce my character for Challenge II)

The log cabin build is great Garmadon, although it does look a little cramped for the horse! UoP +1 for the technique though. :thumbup: The dense foliage ground cover works well, although i agree with deGothia that a little path leading to the cabin would look good too. Also, don't forget to add little embellishments where you can to add more interest and detail - maybe a sign showing that this is a stables, or a pitchfork and bucket outside, or pegs to store riding tack etc. :classic:

Great work! I love the wall technique.

Thanks!

The log cabin build is great Garmadon, although it does look a little cramped for the horse! UoP +1 for the technique though. :thumbup: The dense foliage ground cover works well, although i agree with deGothia that a little path leading to the cabin would look good too. Also, don't forget to add little embellishments where you can to add more interest and detail - maybe a sign showing that this is a stables, or a pitchfork and bucket outside, or pegs to store riding tack etc. :classic:

Thanks Gabe, and you're right, I probably should have spent a little more time on it and added more details. As I said before though, I was a bit hurried to start working on Phase III :grin: Thanks for the credit as well :wink:

Nice wall technique! Does it look equally good on the sides?

UoP +1 for wooden walls.

Nice wall technique! Does it look equally good on the sides?

UoP +1 for wooden walls.

Thanks Gideon!

Yes, it does look fine on the sides as well; the only reason I didn't take pics of the sides was because the roofing didn't cover it :grin: