Sign in to follow this  
Haltiamieli

A slightly bigger Mitgardian homestead

pikkutalo11.jpg

(the topic of this thread alludes to my last Mitgardian creation, Small Mitgardian homestead :tongue:)

I haven't really been active in Historica for a long time, but when I posted a MOC to the general Historic Themes forum I was understandably questioned why I didn't post it as a Mitgardian building. Truth is I just hadn't thought about the possibility! Oops. Then a day ago I was inspired to try building a modular baseplate according to the style of Finnish LUG Palikkatakomo and adjusted on it a house that I had built already a long time ago based based on an alternate version of 5891 Apple Tree House. And I thought it fitted well into Mitgardian style so here it is, with some added drama.

pikkutalo2.jpg

For a few weeks it has been unnaturally warm. When thick layers of snow should still cover the lands, the blood-red devil's carnations are already in the bloom. They thrive this far in the north only on the years of death, dearth and despair. A scattered group of Mitgardian warriors are running for their lives. Somewhere behind them, but not far enough, a horrendous and seemingly invulnerable fire elemental wrecks havoc on the remains of a nearby village. By the roadside is a house of a poor farmer family, and the captain holds his horse just long enough to order the inhabitants to flee. But where would they go? Grandfather is old and frail, the baby is just few months old and even the oldest of the children is still too young to support his family. All they have is here on this homestead, and if the father is ever going to return alive from Jarl's service and the war this is where he will come to look for his family.

pikkutalo3.jpg

pikkutalo6.jpg

As in the Apple Tree House model, part of the roof can be lifted so you can see inside.

pikkutalo5.jpg

Not much to see, though. The loft is for sleeping, the hatch leads to the wood storage so you don't have to go outside to get firewood in the cold of winter.

Edited by Haltiamieli

Welcome back Haltiamieli! :classic:

And even more when showing such a nice free-build, I really like how you can open the roof to lookd inside and the minifigs are excellent!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Good to have you back! It's a nice homestead you've built here; it's got a very traditional and homely feel. :thumbup: I like the LOTR part usage, and the part selections in all the minifigures. Hope to see more from you around GoH Forum!

Glad to see a freebuild from you! Excellent work on the house, I like how far the roof slants and the access to the interior is a nice touch :thumbup:

Nice landscaping too, I hope we see a few more builds from you in the future :classic:

Nice work! I like how you did the baby, great idea! :thumbup: Well done interior too!

This looks so classic and I love it! The right part of the house where it is a little shed under the roof is a great touch!

The opening roof is another fun detail to this great moc! :thumbup: